Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyDeath

PC-PS4 Cross Platform

the problem with crossplay is how it works for ark.   Ark relies on the player info in order to record the data for the players.

Steam version is stand alone - it used steamid in order to track players, so xbox players cant play with them, or windows 10 store players.

The version for windows 10 store and xbox rely on the Xbox player name in order to do the cross play between the two platforms.

The Sony version relies on the sony player id in order to track them.

in order for them to make sony have crossplay with any of the existing platforms, it would require them to either 1) do a total rewrite of how players are tracked and linked to their game data which would be very complex. or 2) making yet another pc version that links up with the Sony version.

11 hours ago, IcemanXIDKP said:

With Atlas coming out cross play with steam and xbox one the same official server then they should be able to do it with ark lets see how that turns out first 

you sure its crossplaying with steam and not the windows store version like ark?

PS4/PC Crossplay now available.

So i hear that Sony are now allowing cross platform play, does this mean Ark will become playable between PC and PS4? I ask this because i have brought 2 new PS4's for my kids and im considering getting another 2 so that we can have our own server and all play together BUT if cross platform is coming for ARK then i would be able to set up a server on my pc and all of us connect and play i would imagine. Very keen to know if anyone has heard anything in regards to Ark becoming cross playable with PS4/PC

10 hours ago, jayson1194 said:

PS4/PC Crossplay now available.

So i hear that Sony are now allowing cross platform play, does this mean Ark will become playable between PC and PS4? I ask this because i have brought 2 new PS4's for my kids and im considering getting another 2 so that we can have our own server and all play together BUT if cross platform is coming for ARK then i would be able to set up a server on my pc and all of us connect and play i would imagine. Very keen to know if anyone has heard anything in regards to Ark becoming cross playable with PS4/PC

I doubt it will happen, WIldCard struggle to release console and steam at the same time. So till that happens, console will never be cross play with steam.

Just now, CyberAngel67 said:

I doubt it will happen, WIldCard struggle to release console and steam at the same time. So till that happens, console will never be cross play with steam.

Haha. Have you not seen the Mac/Linux complaints of getting updates weeks later? They play on steam.

It would be nice if PS4 servers could be run from you own computers instead of having to rent or buy another console.

1 minute ago, Aylana314159 said:

Haha. Have you not seen the Mac/Linux complaints of getting updates weeks later? They play on steam.

It would be nice if PS4 servers could be run from you own computers instead of having to rent or buy another console.

Yes I have seen those reports, I still do not see console playing with Steam, especially since private servers can have mods and Console can't.

4 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Yes I have seen those reports, I still do not see console playing with Steam, especially since private servers can have mods and Console can't.

The mods and steam workshop is the reason I doubt crossplay with the steam version will happen. 

Maybe with the windows store version, since its basically the xbox console version back to PC.

• Facepalm 1