How are you supposed to raise daeodon ? Stay 24h awake?

Voidstar

We tried again to breed a deaodon even on event. it was at adolescent we left it 1 hour with inventory full of food and it died...oh and half feedin through aswell

how the hell are you supposed to raise pigs in this game? you can t stay 24h or even more glued to your pc, and not always people from different timezones are in the same tribe

or is it a stupid bug cause we were not online and he stopped eating? he was already adolescent he couldn t have consumed that much food in an hour

5 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Cooked meat doesn't offer much nutrition to a daeodon. That may be your primary culprit.

he was like 70% matured , his inventory was full with stacks, couldn t put more. we also had half the feeding trough full next to him, just him in the range of it. It s impossible he ran out of food in 1h. While we were on this was not an issue. We went off for 1h and he died so I can only assume he stopped eating..

edit: what do you feed him with mroe nutrition, and in what quantities?

16 minutes ago, Voidstar said:

he was like 70% matured , his inventory was full with stacks, couldn t put more. we also had half the feeding trough full next to him, just him in the range of it. It s impossible he ran out of food in 1h. While we were on this was not an issue. We went off for 1h and he died so I can only assume he stopped eating..

edit: what do you feed him with mroe nutrition, and in what quantities?

hundreds of dodo kibbles ;)

Any kibble will give 80 food but all dinos have their prefered kibble.

People are using dodo because it is the cheapest to obtain.

The quantity needed is huge, because the dino still needs time to mature. But the advantage is that it spoils slowly so while a stack of meat can last 1 hour, a stack of dodo kibble can last a day.

By the way, if you can do it and think it was a bug that can be avoided, you can sit on a chair, next to the dino so you keep him rendered. You stay logged in the game but you can go away (from the computer) for more than an hour without hassle. Sitting in chair doesn't consume food/water.

Daeodons restore 50 Food from Cooked Prime Meat. For raising baby Daeodons, go through the Swamp with a Giga that has a Meat Wagon Paracer following it, and kill the wild Paracers for meat and cook it up. A "Meat Wagon" Paracer is a Paracer with a Platform Saddle that has 4-6 Industrial Grills on it along with a Fridge. Can quickly cook up all the Prime you get and store it.

We had to use the water bug back when it was working to keep ours alive. Other than that we had 2 people constantly force feeding it raw and cooked meat for at least quite a while so it stays alive. Even after it somehow reached juvenile food still dropped faster than the pig ate. So it must be just bugged, like troodons before.

15 minutes ago, Violet said:

We had to use the water bug back when it was working to keep ours alive. Other than that we had 2 people constantly force feeding it raw and cooked meat for at least quite a while so it stays alive. Even after it somehow reached juvenile food still dropped faster than the pig ate. So it must be just bugged, like troodons before.

#blamedevs! They penalized Daeodons thrice: obscenely high food consumption AND they get less food per meat AND they arent omnivorous as they should be.

The bug is the same as the adults.

Wild daeodons enable their healing when they get hit.

Tamed ones do it too, yet they show passive healing disabled. there is no way to turn it off without putting a saddle on them and mounting them.

I assume their passive healing is enabled when their health isn't 100%.

It seems the healing isn't disabled on babies, and since they cant heal past their current maturation %, they constantly consume food trying to heal. until they run out of food and starve.

45 minutes ago, VVilIY said:

lol, objectively.... my tribe lost tames last night because of this same bug. but I'm not going to argue with trolls. what other solution is there, besides staying up and babysitting? there isn't one. it's ridiculous. even when working properly, which its not.... its still ridiculous as you'll have to babysit for HOURS then still have to wake up at night and re top off food. as it currently sits tho ur tame will die when you log out. sweet dreams.

Well, if your tribe did not manage to share the work and times to care for a creature that is know for eating a really big amount of food and organize it, I'm starting to wonder who's the troll here.

But why am I even trying to explain it to a person who calls everyone that disagrees with his opinion on a topic a troll? You went in here biased and you probably do not even care about other views. Yet I do it over and over again, and it doesn't change anything.

I should stop.

There is a bug where tamed animals refuse to autofeed from inventory or throughs for whatever reason also there was a bug where tamed animals stop to eat when no tribemember was online (this happens mostly after updates). The healing issue was fixed some patches ago under "normal" circumstances a juvenile daeodon stays alive for 6-8 hours with 2 troughs full of cooked meat. What seems to have an influence aswell is players in render range (stasis). But noone of those is daeodon specific. My tip would be "never play on patching day" ( majority of feeding related bugs there) and a hatchery at a uncommon spot. Also u should make sure wild animals cant aggro at ur animals this can cause the babys to run out of feeding through range.

I raise about 5-8 daeodons at a time. 10 troughs all cooked meat. I fill 100 kibble in each pig as an emergency. My only advice is to have 20+ fridges full of cooked meat prior to raising. Fill the troughs and get on every 4-6 hours to refill troughs. Depends on if they are juvi or not. 

Also I sometimes fill a trough completely full of cooked prime. Last awhile

Archived