Host Renting Help...

Hi everyone...

I am thinking of biting the bullet and paying for a hosted server (rented).  I am looking at

'LogicServers' atm 15 (£67 for 6 months) or 30 (£129) slot option (I am looking to start getting into Youtube video's so will need extra player space for this).  Are LogicServers any good? Anyone have one? UK based?

Also looked at PremiumArk (unlimited slots) to future proof if it becomes popular.  PremiumArk servers any good? Anyone have one? £30pm (don't know how much if 6 month option taken).  UK based?

Also GameServerBilling is another...  60 slots Normal CPU priority and 3.2GHz for £55 for 6 months (or High CPU priority / 4GHz Ultra performance = £130 for 6 months) Priority support +18 & Dedicated IP address £6.  UK based?

Also does it matter where the server is hosted? Host Havoc only have servers in US etc and I am in UK.

Can I bring my Ark data (saved game / settings etc) over to hosted rented server from using ASM.

• 2 months later...

I didn't even check for other suppliers when it came to moving from Minecraft to ARK and went with the same game host I use for Minecraft - Nitrous-Networks.

I have a 30 slot server with a recurring 30% discount costing £12.60/month and have been quite happy with the host/support.

You can bring in game data from single player etc. by uploading TheIsland.ark or to just transfer character/dinos setup the server for transfers and upload your sp dino/items/player to an obelisk and download when connected to the server.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived