So end of August release: Wheres the big Kibble rework? We're at cap again

JetJaguar

6 hours ago, Thugalicious said:

This is a crap argument. If you go to get a cheeseburger from a restaurant and it's complete crap and undercooked and the cheese has mold on it would you take that excuse? Oh sir I'm sorry your hamburger is crap but if you don't like it then go cook your own.

This is the single worst argument I see used in these forums and it's in almost every thread where someone has a legitimate gripe. Get off the White horse.

High Horse?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, Demerus said:

the cap should be public and displayed beside the player population when you join the server.

This will help to see which servers are being used for storage and which servers have active people playing on it.

what is the global dino cap amount anyway? Is it different on each map?

I haven't been able to find official info on global cap at all.

A kibble rework definitely needs to be done as they said they would.

Conversely, trolls will use this publicly displayed cap to just tame up a storm and occupy those slots.

Oppressive alpha tribes will use this public information to bring the server to its peak then extort resources off of smaller tribes if they want to tame something.

Just because you think something is a good idea, doesn't mean that others can't pervert it into a terrible one, specially "on the internet" where apparently a good natured individual is the rarity and not the norm.

39 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Conversely, trolls will use this publicly displayed cap to just tame up a storm and occupy those slots.

Oppressive alpha tribes will use this public information to bring the server to its peak then extort resources off of smaller tribes if they want to tame something.

Just because you think something is a good idea, doesn't mean that others can't pervert it into a terrible one, specially "on the internet" where apparently a good natured individual is the rarity and not the norm.

Some good points. Never thought of it this way.

What I will say though is that SOMETHING should be done to guide new players to less populated servers or newer ones. As it stands, people just go where there is low ping or they see players. No rhyme or reason to it.

6 hours ago, Zuesneith said:

I subscribed to WoW and didn't like grinding quest and dailies. The fun part was the PvP. I just did it because I needed to.

Apparently Official PvE 441 needs to learn from your example... spend time just finishing the part of the game they do not want to do so they can enjoy doing the part they do want to do (and not spending said time on the ARK forums with a passive-aggressive thread like this).

8 hours ago, Insomniak said:

Na I get how egg farms work but no your still not seeing the big picture here. I'm guessing your on Xbox right? 200 dino cap .. ok well your saying the issue is tribes using your server as dino storage eating up tame slots and I get that. So why is that wcs problem? They didn't tell anyone they had to play nice with others so maybe it's time your server, as a whole, stopped playing nice with dino storage. After that's done build rafts .. they count as tame slots.. up to your max. When you want to add a dino simply sink a raft. Easy and no more room for outside storage. If your whole server does that it would avoid future unfortunate incidents with tribes storing dinos there 

You realy do not see the big picture. He is.and giving solutions. You do not give any solution.  

A egg for killing a female dino wouls help alot.  I would not have a egg farm if i would get eggs this way.  And i have Something to do with my dino. 

And your make raft kill raft when tame dino is just bull crap solution

6 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

valid points trolls will always find a way no matter what.

but what is the official global dino cap amount?

8 hours ago, Schizodebauchee said:

Apparently Official PvE 441 needs to learn from your example... spend time just finishing the part of the game they do not want to do so they can enjoy doing the part they do want to do (and not spending said time on the ARK forums with a passive-aggressive thread like this).

Im more then allowed to voice my questions about something WC said they would be changing. If you have an issue with it, your free to ignore my post and keep your opinions to yourself. Take your own advice and spend less time commenting then.

17 hours ago, Thugalicious said:

This is a crap argument. If you go to get a cheeseburger from a restaurant and it's complete crap and undercooked and the cheese has mold on it would you take that excuse? Oh sir I'm sorry your hamburger is crap but if you don't like it then go cook your own.

This is the single worst argument I see used in these forums and it's in almost every thread where someone has a legitimate gripe. Get off the White horse.

Point isn't about the delay in itself it's the bitching like little girls I was referring to. Everyone thinks it's soooo easy to fix a bug or issue thatit should be done right then and there. 

Now if there's constructive criticism then all means say them those help a lot more than crying like a baby who threw his milk.

Ps if you learn to read and not jump on poop you'll understand poop.

8 hours ago, Awakatanka said:

You realy do not see the big picture. He is.and giving solutions. You do not give any solution.  

A egg for killing a female dino wouls help alot.  I would not have a egg farm if i would get eggs this way.  And i have Something to do with my dino. 

And your make raft kill raft when tame dino is just bull crap solution

Actually,  I did give a solution. One used by many tribes already that is viable and works. Nobody cares if you like it or not.. and if you want to do something different go ahead and please share. Coming on here and b*tching to the devs who are too busy to read this won't help.. this is something servers need to mash out. 

On 7/29/2017 at 3:16 PM, JetJaguar said:

WC's advice was to "work it out yourselves". So if theres bickering on servers, then its at the advice given.... Not my game, not my neighboring tribes game. We just purchased it to play and have fun.

kite wild giga into anooying ppls bases with lots of dinos.... clear cap

4 minutes ago, Housatonic said:

DnI still don't get why they don't just assign a point system to kibble made from different eggs. Kinda like how oviraptor taming already works. The more advanced the tame the egg came from, the more taming it does per bite, and the higher the TE.

I get what your saying just have all eggs make the same kibble just different effectiveness? Instead of a point system why not just use your ovi example and have one kibble, all the same effectiveness made with a prime and reg jerky but made with different amounts of eggs i.e.: 30 dodo eggs compared to a giga egg. All they would have to do is adjust the amount of progress and TE it takes each dino to tame out. This could potentially be easier to fix or tweak tame times also.. I like it, good suggestion! 

2 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

Kiting is not allowed on PVE servers. It would get you banned.

Actually, it's not. The reason being is the best way to police the servers is let the servers handle matters themselves. The majority rules, in Ark PvE it's no different. https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us/articles/220278968-Banning-Guidelines?mobile_site=true

8 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

Actually, it's not. The reason being is the best way to police the servers is let the servers handle matters themselves. The majority rules, in Ark PvE it's no different. https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us/articles/220278968-Banning-Guidelines?mobile_site=true

Hm, they must have changed that. Before they applied ORP on all PVE official servers, kiting wasn't allowed. I guess ORP solved kiting issue.

16 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

Hm, they must have changed that. Before they applied ORP on all PVE official servers, kiting wasn't allowed. I guess ORP solved kiting issue.

well, let's put it this way.. it still happens but usually when it does it involves the whole server.. and one has to ask what kind of individual would or could Agro an entire PvE server to that point. Probably, yes. exactly what your thinking. 

10 minutes ago, Lancer said:

Htry making a second allied tribe and putting all your kibble tames in that tribe.

Good suggestion but the problem is a server cap, not individual. *xbox cap is 9500 which is where most servers are hitting it. So basically 47 tribes maxing at 200. It's not a stretch to see how that could happen easily with 150? Different dinos we have today if that better puts it in perspective. 

1 hour ago, Lewiatan said:

I was gonna say i have been researching lately and find absolutely n orule marking kiting as banable offense and havent seen a mod on here say otherwise either. i would love a link or mod comment if this is incorrect.

Heres what I'm having a difficult time getting my head around: I paid for this video game already. I expect the gaming company to define the rules and boundries by which I can play the game online. I dont do work 9 to 5 and log into a video game to then play mediator between various other individuals within an online gaming community. Its not my job to play online video game police or sociologist. I cant sit here and work with college kids, high school kids, adults, etc that all have a different theory or idea on how excess dinos should be handled within the server we play on. 

We go back to square one in 2015 when the game was being fleshed out: did anyone at the drawing board consider these issues "down the line" after the game was going to be out for awhile or was the idea: "Eh, not our problem. Let them deal with it?". While its easy to sit here and throw it back in my face or other player's faces that we should just work it out ourselves, thats not a solution and not something you want to hear from a customer service stand point.

Some suggestions like...

• Instead of allowing NEW players to join an already crowded server or server at tame cap, the NEW players are sent to less populated servers. There is absolutely NO guidance of any kind when selecting a server. I agree with the earlier post about why posting tame limits would be a BAD idea, however, there CLEARLY needs some type of system to steer new players AWAY from crowded/capped servers.
  • Regional locks: Why on earth cant US players play on US servers, Chinese Players on Chinese servers, Europeans on Europe servers, etc? Half the time our chat are blocks from Chinese players or Portuguese which the bulk of US players cant understand. I know there are Euro and Chinese servers; why cant people be limited to their region? Most other game companies have put this into effect? What benefit is it? Cultural intergration?
  • There have been TONS of suggestions on how to handle tamed dinos: dinos per level, dinos per PERSON, etc.

So wait a second: you disagree with my points of view or suggestions? Now imagine a long ass day of work or doing whatever, only to log into your relaxing video game and find out people disagree with YOUR suggestions on tamed dino caps. Now you get to spend the next few hours at night debating/suggesting solutions to strangers in General chat, some of which dont understand you at ALL since they dont speak English, on how to solve the problem...sounds like a fun night.

3 hours ago, Insomniak said:

I get what your saying just have all eggs make the same kibble just different effectiveness? Instead of a point system why not just use your ovi example and have one kibble, all the same effectiveness made with a prime and reg jerky but made with different amounts of eggs i.e.: 30 dodo eggs compared to a giga egg. All they would have to do is adjust the amount of progress and TE it takes each dino to tame out. This could potentially be easier to fix or tweak tame times also.. I like it, good suggestion! 

Wildcard...make this happen!!!  Great idea guys.

Archived