So end of August release: Wheres the big Kibble rework? We're at cap again

JetJaguar

On 2017/7/30 at 3:50 AM, JetJaguar said:

Official PVE 441 - Once again at tamed cap. Lots of public chat discussion. Recall when you all said the tribes should play Sociologis and work it out amongst themselves with how to handle tamed dino caps on the server? We've got everything from people wanting to make taming lists that the server keeps to Accusatory back and forth about who needs what tames/dinos, etc. This really isnt something that should be on us, the players/customers.  What the hell ever happened to a potential dino storage option?

Wheres the kibble rework? Whats the status? Whats the ultimate plan here with it?

This has been something people have asked about for months if not over a year now. We get it: Jen said you guys didnt want to tweek it during the beta. You are at the very end now of all of this and this is a HUGE problem that has been there for a painfully long period of time. When can we expect this finally? No one wants to log in and deal with arguing or debating what to kill off if you are well within tribe tame limit.

EDIT: (7/31/2017):

Heres what I'm having a difficult time getting my head around: I paid for this video game already. I expect the gaming company to define the rules and boundries by which I can play the game online. Not me or strangers who have no connection to the video game company, coming up with rules and regulations on the fly. I dont do work 9 to 5 and log into a video game to then play mediator between various other individuals within an online gaming community. Its not my job to play online video game police or sociologist. I cant sit here and work with college kids, high school kids, adults, etc that all have a different theory or idea on how excess dinos should be handled within the server we play on. Nor are all the players online going to understand me in General chat since they dont all speak English..

We go back to square one in 2015 when the game was being fleshed out: did anyone at the drawing board consider these issues "down the line" after the game was going to be out for awhile or was the idea: "Eh, not our problem. Let them deal with it?". While its easy to sit here and throw it back in my face or other player's faces that we should just work it out ourselves, thats not a solution and not something you want to hear from a customer service stand point.

Some suggestions like...

• Instead of allowing NEW players to join an already crowded server or server at tame cap, the NEW players are sent to less populated servers. There is absolutely NO guidance of any kind when selecting a server. I agree with the earlier post about why posting tame limits would be a BAD idea, however, there CLEARLY needs some type of system to steer new players AWAY from crowded/capped servers.
  • Regional locks: Why on earth cant US players play on US servers, Chinese Players on Chinese servers, Europeans on European servers, etc? Half the time our chat are blocks from Chinese players or Portuguese which the bulk of US players cant understand. I know there are Euro and Chinese servers; why cant people be limited to their region? Most other game companies have put this into effect? What benefit is it? Cultural intergration?
  • There have been TONS of suggestions on how to handle tamed dinos: dinos per level, dinos per PERSON, etc.

So wait a second: you disagree with my points of view or suggestions? Now imagine a long ass day of work or doing whatever, only to log into your relaxing video game and find out people disagree with YOUR suggestions on tamed dino caps. Now you get to spend the next few hours at night debating/suggesting solutions to strangers in General chat, some of which dont understand you at ALL since they dont speak English, on how to solve the problem...sounds like a fun night.

" US players play on US servers, Chinese Players on Chinese servers, Europeans on European servers". That makes sense. Could agree, personally. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, l4m3r said:

Simple Remove all Official PVE Sever if anyone want to play it PVE he can make it on his own Sever. I see absolutly no point in Offical PVE Sever . They are not moderatet and full of greafers and Props that a PVP Sever or a coustum Moderatet PVE Server not have...

This is completely off topic, but

better remove all Official pvp servers, if anyone wants to play pvp he can make his own server. I see absolutely no point in official pvp. Everyone can destroy your stuff and there are a lot of griefers.

pve and pvp servers are full of players, so servers for both game modes need to exist.

On topic - I really hope for a rework soon, we could kill like 200 dinos. I have killed adult color mutated ones with good stats instead of mid-lvl pteras, because we need egg layers more than creatures that are fun to have, and we need room for 38 boss rexes (19 to try new bosses, and 19 as backup to get element for the troughs). Ofc they need imprint kibble.

5 hours ago, l4m3r said:

PVP Sever need to be Offical for one Reason. You ever Raidet an Admin?

Do you ever make constructive comments or just troll with every thing you say?  Do you even read the title of the thread before you say anything?  If you are not worried about what happens on PVE then why even spend time commenting on  something about it,  just move on to something that you care about. 

On topic the kibble rework is needed for both modes, too many dinos in this game have no use other than egg producers no mater what stage of the game you are at and how the trees work now a lot dont follow your natural tech progression.  Id bet money we hear about the next DLC after aberation before any news on the kibble system.

I care about because Kibble rework also is for PVP and that is not needet. PVP regulate itelf. PVE is a Mode Ark isnt desigent for ...

PVE Offical Severs show that they are full after 2 Months because Game is Desigent all around PVP. WIthout PVP there is just a Wall that never goes away and even there is a Kibble Rework you allways will reach this Wall at some Time so there is still no point in OFFICAL PVE Server..

On the new cluster for PvE, almost all Ragnarok servers are capped. Island servers are capping out now as well. People are gonna flood to center next and then its gonna be capped out. How long does this trend have to go before the issue is noticed? Majority of PvE is taming/ breeding. Can't do either. Can't progress any further in the game either. Literally no point playing with servers capped.

All of this could of been avoided by adding more servers right from the get go.

It's not surprising. People just keep flooding to other servers when theirs reaches cap.  I've heard of moderators on this website saying that we should just survive and stop complaining. But if I'm forced to kill my hard earned tames just to have the chance of breeding/taming new dinos, I'd hardly call that surviving.

Even if I do kill them. There's a chance someone else on the server will be taming or trying to breed at the same time in which case they will get the extra dino slot instead of me and I've just killed my hard earned tame for nothing.

This is like playing a racing game with A cap on the amount of races you can do. It's a MASSIVE flaw in their game and I am certain we'll see a lot more people leave the game and only log in to refresh timers. The devs have yet to address or respond to this issue at all so it makes you wonder if they care at all. 

As with every gaming company, if I see gaping holes in their base game I'm not happy with. Ie bugs, glitches, limitations or pay to win. Then I'm not paying for any dlc.  So at this stage goodbye abberation as ark is ticking 3/4.

On 30/07/2017 at 6:23 AM, Insomniak said:

Agreed with earlier poster WC has many more pressing issues than this, your server will have to work it out as honestly many have and it's not an issue. 

More pressing issues? If people can't even tame dinos. Then they're not going to even play the game. All WC other issues won't be issues any longer if they have no players left playing.

It's like purchasing a racing game and only being able to participate in a limited amount of races.

But never the less your comment about 45 gigas being easy to raise make me think you don't even play on official.

1 hour ago, Jacira said:

It's like purchasing a racing game and only being able to participate in a limited amount of races.

Actually, it's more like a tank game... where you only have a limited number of garage slots and must make hard decisions about what tanks you keep and what tanks you sell so that you can progress and/or try new things.  It's a common mechanic in many games, especially in games where the items in question take their toll on a server when many are in play all at once.

Granted the new kibble system will give players a lot more breathing room (and it's a change I'm heartily in favor of) but the dino cap is a limitation that players will always have to deal with to one degree or another.  You can tame all the things, but you may not necessarily be able to keep all the things at the same time.

2 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

Actually, it's more like a tank game... where you only have a limited number of garage slots and must make hard decisions about what tanks you keep and what tanks you sell so that you can progress and/or try new things.  It's a common mechanic in many games, especially in games where the items in question take their toll on a server when many are in play all at once.

Granted the new kibble system will give players a lot more breathing room (and it's a change I'm heartily in favor of) but the dino cap is a limitation that players will always have to deal with to one degree or another.  You can tame all the things, but you may not necessarily be able to keep all the things at the same time.

Yes except it's not your garage. It's more like a parking lot. And heaps of different people can park there. Some of them dont even speak your language.. So instead of logging on and playing the game like you're meant to, instead you're forced to police a sociopolitical agenda with strangers who might not even  speak your own language?

So you are a solo tribe and have 50 tames. Yet you're forced to kill your own dinos to progress when there are mega tribes with hundreds of dinos on the Server?

This is all not mentioning the fact you'll always have new people joining the server and old people transferring their dinos to your server because their old one is at tame cap.

No. This is an overpopulation issue that WC themselves need to address. Not the player.

I have sat here and read a lot of comments about how to fix a few of the MANY issues with this game. Some of the ideas I agree with and a very select few I do not agree with. So just to add my two cents worth in regards to this thread I would suggest....

1: Set a dino cap on the individual player of 50 dinos. There isn't any reason for any one person to have more than that and it brings me to my second thought...

2: Keep the 500 tame limit on tribes. I have heard many people state that huge tribes are an issue, well with just these two ideas it will ensure that no tribe will ever have more than 10 members.

3: I have said a few times that servers should be locked to their regions.. (i.e. NA servers are only for NA IP's ect. ect. ect.) but create a new cluster of servers that are open to anyone from anywhere. That way if you live in the states and have friends in the UK you can all still play together.

4: Add more servers...You have 42 official PvE servers for Ragnarok. You can have 70 players at a time on the server. So at any given point in time there can only be 2940 people playing Ragnarok PvE at the same time. Now, I'm not sure what the exact number is but I think it's safe to say that you have sold way more than 2940 copies of the game. The math doesn't add up so please be so kind as to fix the problem.

5: STOP adding new content until you have actually made substantial progress on fixing the already existing issues. Enough of throwing out new shiny things in the hopes of distracting us so you can avoid fixing the problems. Stop running around and trying to deflect serious questions because you don't want to answer them and when it comes to fixing the issues with the game.... well it's very simple, if your current employees can't get the job done then maybe you need to replace them with individuals that can get it done. Friends are friends but business is business and if you want to succeed in this business then you need to stop being a friend and start being the boss when you're at work.

Again, this is just my two cents worth and I am entitled to have my own thoughts and opinions.

With that said... let the gratuitous attacks being..........

3 hours ago, Vrallox said:

The problem is the gameplay. The game itself doesn't provide any real challenge so animal turnover is almost non-existent. That's why PvP doesn't have that much of a problem with too many animals.

PvP doesn't even have server caps from what I hear. I wouldn't say it's the fault of the gameplay being too easy. I'd say it's a mixture of people hoarding dinos and the kibble system being to complex for their tame restrictions.

3 minutes ago, Jacira said:

PvP doesn't even have server caps from what I hear. I wouldn't say it's the fault of the gameplay being too easy. I'd say it's a mixture of people hoarding dinos and the kibble system being to complex for their tame restrictions.

I agree with you, Jacira. The kibble system is overly complex leaving just about every tribe with 3-4 of every kibble dino, filling the server's cap insanely fast. Myself, being one of these tribes that own a few of most kibble dinos, can say I prefer making my own kibble than buying it for 30 odd ingots each. Reguading the fact that servers are capping fast, I see this being a growing problem because some that own 1/10 of a server's dinos simply build a big barn on a different server, disreguading the long life of said other server, in the attempts to fix their home.

our servers capped aswell.. i helped by killing all my kibble dinos and trading whenever i need kibble... but this is unreliable as people arnt always on/wanting to sell... on pve i think the cap should be lowered to 200 or so per tribe. it will encourage more trading, and spacific kibble farms... we have people with 10+ each kibble dino for kibble they dont use just because there rex "may" want it for imprinting. whats worse  is that they charge stupid amounts for the eggs as well

The easiest solution to cap problem is opening new servers tbh/ Legacy server I was on, never hit cap . Ever. But now on new servers, we have 40-60 people almost constantly on. Of course server is going to reach cap. You can not close down 20 servers and open 4 new ones and hope all will be well .

Open new servers and the problem will go away as people move to those new servers. Simple as that. No need to re-work anything, no need to play server police or to feel guilty for having 3 dodos ... 

Open new servers...

1 hour ago, Jacira said:

PvP have caps also. Some tribes were using it as defensive strategy. Just slotcap their server, so attackers can't download their dinos and can't put structures on their platform dinos.

Archived