Early Protection| Trike Army

EfrinARK

So you just started in the game ark.

And you are still scared of a carno that is lvl 20. If you need protection at a low level around 30 this can help you. Trikes are good for berries and fighting. They have a knock back so they can hit and not get hit. The best levels to tame are from level 60 - 120. If u get 5 of them they can take on anything from a dodo to a bronto.  It can fight anything but  a Giga. 

If you are on a pvp server like me, you can use them for base protections. But, also get turrents for backup and air defense.

Join me in | Simple Life Gaming Server 6x everything pvp

ps: The server is on pc only.

Do you have a question ark me.

Two mate boosted saddled Trikes can easily kill a Carno once you know how to get them to work together. Get to the left of the Carno with your Trikes set on Attack My Target. Your following one will get on your left. Let the Carno charge you and hit it just before it can bite, The second trike should hit it on the side doing massive damage to it. Then, it is just another heat butt or two to finish it off. Time those attacks right and your Trikes should come out of the battle in good shape.

4 hours ago, rpicardi1 said:

Two mate boosted saddled Trikes can easily kill a Carno once you know how to get them to work together. Get to the left of the Carno with your Trikes set on Attack My Target. Your following one will get on your left. Let the Carno charge you and hit it just before it can bite, The second trike should hit it on the side doing massive damage to it. Then, it is just another heat butt or two to finish it off. Time those attacks right and your Trikes should come out of the battle in good shape.

Why not stay in the saddle and simply keep the Carno from ever touching your Trikes with timed attacks?
The knockback is incredibly good.

I think raptors become unrideable in later game play but if we could trade that for pack tactics..  as one gets the attention of a target then returns to where you are and has the other raptors ready to pounce.  I got tired of constantly dropping weight just to move fast on my raptor.. a pack would consist of 3 or more...  

Sorry To deviate from the OP topic but I think raptors are a great early game dino..   as well as trikes my starring army consists of 3 raptors 2 trikes and one pteradon. .  

4 hours ago, HighFlyer15 said:

Why not stay in the saddle and simply keep the Carno from ever touching your Trikes with timed attacks?
The knockback is incredibly good.

Somehow you missed that I was riding the Trike on the right in single player. I hit that Carno just as it was ready to bite and the mate boosted one on the left hit it in the side. Having both saddled gives them some armor protection.

Of course, it is much easier in multiplayer with two trikes being ridden. The key with single player is getting the AI to work the way you want it to, a flanking attack, instead of both trikes getting in each other's way during an attack.

1 hour ago, rpicardi1 said:

Somehow you missed that I was riding the Trike on the right in single player. I hit that Carno just as it was ready to bite and the mate boosted one on the left hit it in the side. Having both saddled gives them some armor protection.

Definitely did miss that part.
I'm pretty convinced the only different damage area tech in the game right now is "does this creature have a shell or not?"(thick skulls count too) and the Carno has neither, so same damage wherever you hit it. But it did sound cool the way you described it. I wish you had to think more like a hunter and a tactician when attacking something as dangerous as a Carno and above, damage-wise.
I can't wait for the AI and whistles to be reworked so we can have more fights like the one you described where flanking matters :) 
Like having a Pachy smash the leg of a big predator to have it stumble and be unable to fight efficiently. That would make me want to actually play PvP. Right now with "left click spam" I'm just not that interested.

Archived