Community Crunch 98: Gold Master Edition

Jatheish

On 7/29/2017 at 0:21 AM, LionCash08 said:

Two reasons why this embarrassment of a launch attempt will lose you a quarter of your player base.

1)Your exposing how poorly ran this company is during a time where some real competition (Dark and Light) is emerging. Notice how literally every major content creator for Ark is transitioning to this much more polished, promising, and most importantly fresh new game.

2)The majority of your player base is KIDS, kids who will be returning to school during the exact time your game is "releasing". You missed your window Jat. A very disappointing and laughable performance by both you and your team. 

See you on Dark and Light everyone!

1) I can say with certainty that i have met more legal aged adult players than ive met people 16 or younger on ark. windows not missed, and anyhow, with kids starting school....I dont know about you but thats like the blowoff part of the school year. I was in honors classes and can attest that the first 6 weeks of the school year are the easiest. Kids will have time.
2)About Dark and Light. Have you seen that game? Have you played it? Have you by chance seen the ini and game files? I have, and the funny thing is it all looked exactly like ark in many ways, particularly the ini and config files and file structure(right down to portions being copied and pasted pretty much, which you can tell because of the things like "dinofooddrain=1.0000" and stuff like that. This makes total sense because wildcard is owned by the same company that owns the dev studio that does Dark and Light.  So, if it werent for wildcard then dark and light would be at square one still, and not with a premade and finely tweaked engine made by wildcard. Given that its a business nothing is free, like the use of that engine, even if it is their sister company so my point here is is Dark and Light suceeds then that means Wildcard succeeds. IT also suceeds by merit alone of the fact that the very foundation of that game was wildcards creation, so in that perspective if Dark and Light succeeds then thats something for WC to be proud of. 
It's pretty smart for the parent company, its like a guy going to a small town with no restaraunts and opening a mcdonalds on one side of a street and a burger king on the other side of the street. People will pick their side and some may dabble in both, and some may hate the opposing side. Either way, the guy owns both and still rakes in money by giving both options, seemingly pitted against each other.  

• Like 1

On 7/28/2017 at 9:42 PM, Jat said:

We will also be adding their custom creatures to our main game, which will allow players to transfer them via the CrossARK system, so you'll be able to bring over your Ice Wyverns to The Island, The Center, and Scorched Earth!

Hm... Why do I get the feeling that we'll be seeing that Ice Wyvern rework far sooner than anyone previously suspected...

On 7/29/2017 at 9:42 AM, PaleoJoe said:

Aww, you people hate delays and unpredictable releases and bugs? Go play a Blizzard game, one of the largest gaming companies in the world. You will not find any of that there -scoffs-.

Shift happens, relax. Go make your own game company and see if you can do better. Otherwise just suck it up and move on.

BTW, for those of you who took off work or made plans for the release, you should know better than that if you ever waited for a major game to be released. I finally gave up on that with CoD Advanced Warfare. Stayed up all night to play it at midnight (downloaded). Found out I had to wait for 3AM to play it since I was east coast USA. Then I tried downloading the tiny patch and play the game for the following 2.5 hours. Since nothing was successful I decided it was time to sleep and to never do that again for a game. Over 6 hours of my life wasted waiting for a game, but did I whine and beach about it and call the developers names? Probably, but this was not their first time releasing a game.

There's a little bit of a difference between time zone delay/tiny patch and weeks upon weeks of delays. LOL good try. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First time poster, no clue if I'm in the right spot but I have a question.

I play on the XBOX ONE.  The update prior to the release of Ragnarok wiped out my upgraded stats, but not my levels (I'm maxed out).  The two updates  before that, it wiped out levels AND upgrades, but gave me all my points to redo.  I was ok with this as I was not hit by the full wipe outs I've read about, and I could tweak my stats (yay!).  This update has screwed me and I am looking at having to start from absolute scratch.  I was hoping a patch would release with the DLC, but no luck.

Please tell me a fix is in the works, I haven't played in weeks and I was right in the middle of a big project I'd like to finish....not start over lol

Edited by CeratedUrchin

• 1 month later...