Community Crunch 98: Gold Master Edition

Jatheish

On 7/29/2017 at 0:47 AM, Mwal said:

Well for starters it seems video game companies forget who the customers are and it's our fault as gamers for buying games and putting up with stuff like this due to a pretty limited market of good video games. I sure hope no one at this company ever goes to buy something and is forced to wait for food or service because now you know how your customers feel, frustrated, disappointed, and embarrassed for pre ordering the special edition. Second real cute choosing not to mention how you chose to not mention unpopular things in your patch notes like the tether distance slider disappearing from console without a word said in any of the multiple posts about the update or many questions on the forums. Thanks for being upfront haha. Thirdly I play this game every Friday night until 2-3 am this Friday we quit at 1030. With all the glitches bugs and the tether slider being gone it's not fun anymore. You can't just leave something as part of a game for over a month so we get accustomed to the way it is then take it. It's become unbearable without it. I hope next time you remove something like this as quickly as possible because all having it that long reinforced was that it worked fine with it and without it I don't want to even play it. Thanks a lot. Forth pushing a release date back a  two weeks ahead of the actual release??!? Wow whoever is in charge needs to sit down and take a look in the mirror and tell them self to be a boss and figure out how long stuff takes. Wouldn't it have been better to complete the game at a later date with a less aggressive deadline and be done early and add really small easy stuff for fun or to hold people over up to release day? Lastly clean up you act and be professional. A lot of your moderators and employees get short or downright rude with people here and on twitter it's pathetic unprofessional and uncalled for. Hold your temper, yes people are upset but the only reason they come here or twitter is to check on the game you made that they love that's where there emotion comes from. I just want to clarify that this is not meant to be mean or disrespectful these are my true opinions of what I think of your game and company and since I'm canceling my preorder do to my utter disappointment in all the events that have taken place that I have listed I thought now would be a good time to voice my thoughts since I will be no longer fearing retaliation by anyone associated with the forum since I will be most likely no longer caring. Thanks for the fun while it shortly lasted and good luck releasing a week before destiny 2 your going to need it.

Honestly I am impressed with the self-restraint of their moderators and employers. Most of you are unbearable.

• Facepalm 2

On 29/07/2017 at 3:00 PM, LameoveR said:

the last word on Primal

I already know about that post and one that came earlier this year but there's been no word of it since i've even asked on twitter, looked through the forums both on here and reddit not to mention checking steam but still nothing.

Primal is like Voldemort you know it exists but no one dares talk about it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SatansPegasus said:

I already know about that post and one that came earlier this year but there's been no word of it since i've even asked on twitter, looked through the forums both on here and reddit not to mention checking steam but still nothing.

Primal is like Voldemort you know it exists but no one dares talk about it.

Primal is dead. They pretty much said it themselves a few months ago. The project was too complicated and required too many ressources to be developped. 

Is anyone actually surprised by this announcement? Once upon a time WC could use the excuse "we're new to this, and we're trying to work things out" But they're over 2 years into this now and still haven't figured out how to meet a schedule. Maybe they were too ambitious with their timetable or maybe they're just extremely sloppy. Either way the last two months have been delay after delay, apology after apology.

After the last announcement of Ragnarok I posted that I had no faith they'd actually release it August 8th because they had already ruined their credibility. Low and behold not only are they pushing out Ragnarok they're pushing out the basic game itself. Their excuse for delaying Ragnarok was so they could get he basic game out on time. Their excuse this time? "It took longer than expected."

Where do you come up with your expectations? Who is setting your timetables? Why should we your customers and consumers believe anything you post? You've squandered all the patience amd trust we gave you, but given that you already got our money I guess that doesn't matter much.

Why don't you guys just set your release date to next year so you can get your stuff together? 

You lie to people when you are releasing something and then you apologize and make a new date and then that something gets delayed again and then you apologize again. How can we accept your apologies when you keep screwing up everything?

When you make a release date about something, think real hard if you are 100% sure nothing will go wrong.

My prediction is that the game will not release on the 29th of August. I really don't care when your release date is.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Aaron8956 said:

Why don't you guys just set your release date to next year so you can get your stuff together? 

You lie to people when you are releasing something and then you apologize and make a new date and then that something gets delayed again and then you apologize again. How can we accept your apologies when you keep screwing up everything?

When you make a release date about something, think real hard if you are 100% sure nothing will go wrong.

My prediction is that the game will not release on the 29th of August. I really don't care when your release date is.

No-one has lied about anything. They had every intention to meet the 8th August date, but things don't always go the way people intend.

If it was a lie then they would have intended not to meet the date, which is a ridiculous statement.

42 minutes ago, OGbloodbuff225 said:

This is unbelieveable because of all the duplicating an people crashing servers are the decks ever gonna do something it's ruining the game fix it or people won't play 

As was mentioned in the newsletter (the first post), yes, they will be releasing a major update prior to the release (which will likely also involve an update).  The major update will, among other things, address some of the duping and DDoS attacks that have been happening.

Not going to bother finding it and quoting it... I already read the article once.  You can do the same.  :P

On 7/29/2017 at 8:42 AM, PaleoJoe said:

Aww, you people hate delays and unpredictable releases and bugs? Go play a Blizzard game, one of the largest gaming companies in the world. You will not find any of that there -scoffs-.

Shift happens, relax. Go make your own game company and see if you can do better. Otherwise just suck it up and move on.

BTW, for those of you who took off work or made plans for the release, you should know better than that if you ever waited for a major game to be released. I finally gave up on that with CoD Advanced Warfare. Stayed up all night to play it at midnight (downloaded). Found out I had to wait for 3AM to play it since I was east coast USA. Then I tried downloading the tiny patch and play the game for the following 2.5 hours. Since nothing was successful I decided it was time to sleep and to never do that again for a game. Over 6 hours of my life wasted waiting for a game, but did I whine and beach about it and call the developers names? Probably, but this was not their first time releasing a game.

Do you read what you post? #antigamer

On 7/29/2017 at 1:20 AM, Bevan said:

I highly doubt you ever made a game. My friend and I made a small 2d platformer. We thought of releasing it after a week. 1.5 months later we discontinued it. Every bug you fix creates more bugs and wildcard isn't a big studio like EA and Ubisoft. Or do you want the game to be made like EA would? Take out content so it's "finished" on time and then serve everything else as overpriced DLC. If they don't take their time it will be a flop like No Man Sky because they rushed it due to people being impatient. Even big companies like Rockstar delay games. Red Dead Redemption 2 was delayed from begin 1017 to fall 2018. So the only disgusting practice here is complaining that a small game dev team takes their time to make their game good. So unless you want it to be bad, stop complaining.

I have made 12 games and never missed a date. Don't blame others for your incompetence. 

For those of you having a memory leak, try setting textures to medium. If it continues, do this AND enter -nomansky in the startup options. Worked for me, and I picked it up from a fairly old post from here before they redid the site. I will also mention that if you are using an older card (such as the gtx 690's i got), you will benefit with the -dx10 -sm4 launch options. I know a lot of people complain about the lighting in this mode, but in all honesty, I have done a side by side comparison of both sm5 under dx11 and sm4 under dx10, and the differences seem negligible to me. Torches light much like they should. The night IS dark, but it's night. You are a human. You cannot see at night. Blame evolution.

Anyway, I wanted to share this helpful info, because there seems to be nobody doing that much nowadays. Hopefully it works for you.

So the console players that have been waiting for over a month for ragnarok because WC said they were singularly focusing on the release date were completely lied too because apparently you can't even release the game on the specified release date you told the world about at E3. So now two months later I will finally get ragnarok maybe but I'm not going to hold my breath and hopefully get that full release game I preordered. Also love how other things were pushed back but the stupid broken atv still made it through to the game. At this point I'll get to play the new battlefront before ark full releases or ragnarok comes to console.

#fail. I love this game. It has been I need my top 10 games for a long time. I have it in Xbox pc and PS4. I have played the game for two years I have beaten all the bosses and tame everything. 

Im tried of all the let downs. I'm tried of being told this will be release and then getting pushed back. I start getting my PS4 friends to really look at getting this game But now I think we will just move on. With dark and light being amazing and with destiny 2 coming out next month, rip ark and good luck 

22 hours ago, GP said:

No-one has lied about anything. They had every intention to meet the 8th August date, but things don't always go the way people intend.

If it was a lie then they would have intended not to meet the date, which is a ridiculous statement.

Things go wrong like always, it doesn't really matter. Make sure to release the game on the 29th or you might just lose a lot of your community.

3 hours ago, Giddain said:

#fail. I love this game. It has been I need my top 10 games for a long time. I have it in Xbox pc and PS4. I have played the game for two years I have beaten all the bosses and tame everything. 

Im tried of all the let downs. I'm tried of being told this will be release and then getting pushed back. I start getting my PS4 friends to really look at getting this game But now I think we will just move on. With dark and light being amazing and with destiny 2 coming out next month, rip ark and good luck 

Dark and Light has it's downfalls. One of them being no breeding, this mechanic is part of what makes ARK fun and Dark and Light lacks it. Also Dark and Light has no first person view, maybe that's for the better but I realised how much of a luxury good first and third person animations are after playing Dark and Light. I really couldn't play much of Dark and Light after I bought my first horse, its flaws showed there most of all. Dark and Light is very early access and needs a lot of work in all departments. 

Dark and Light badly needs optimisation. I can run ARK at higher than 30 frames and Epic on my laptop, I also have a g-sync screen so drops below 30 are not very noticeable for me. With Dark and Light, it takes at least 10 minutes to launch the singleplayer game and even with new hardware you may lose a few frames in the starter cities. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Dark and Light, it's a good game.

Dark and Light just feels different than ARK, and you can only gather that by putting some time into it yourself. 

Edited by ShawnWolf