Community Crunch 98: Gold Master Edition

Jatheish

1 hour ago, PaleoJoe said:

Aww, you people hate delays and unpredictable releases and bugs? Go play a Blizzard game, one of the largest gaming companies in the world. You will not find any of that there -scoffs-.

Shift happens, relax. Go make your own game company and see if you can do better. Otherwise just suck it up and move on.

BTW, for those of you who took off work or made plans for the release, you should know better than that if you ever waited for a major game to be released. I finally gave up on that with CoD Advanced Warfare. Stayed up all night to play it at midnight (downloaded). Found out I had to wait for 3AM to play it since I was east coast USA. Then I tried downloading the tiny patch and play the game for the following 2.5 hours. Since nothing was successful I decided it was time to sleep and to never do that again for a game. Over 6 hours of my life wasted waiting for a game, but did I whine and beach about it and call the developers names? Probably, but this was not their first time releasing a game.

Don't take this the wrong way because I get what you're trying to say here, but comparing hrs of time zone differences(isn't the game maker's fault) and download times to literally months of delays doesn't really make sense. I'd say people would happily have to download an extra patch for a couple hrs rather than be given a solid release date only to find out a week out they have to wait another month after already waiting for updates that were promised months ago...

• Thanks 3

14 hours ago, LionCash08 said:

Two reasons why this embarrassment of a launch attempt will lose you a quarter of your player base.

1)Your exposing how poorly ran this company is during a time where some real competition (Dark and Light) is emerging. Notice how literally every major content creator for Ark is transitioning to this much more polished, promising, and most importantly fresh new game.

2)The majority of your player base is KIDS, kids who will be returning to school during the exact time your game is "releasing". You missed your window Jat. A very disappointing and laughable performance by both you and your team. 

See you on Dark and Light everyone!

I disagree. Almost everyone I've encountered on Ark is either an adult, or a very mature teen, and I've been playing since the Preview's release. I've also got a statement on Dark and Light: There's a reason the original version failed, and if they can't figure it out, then there's no hope for them. Alas, I do agree that delaying things is a bit unprofessional in that it not only makes Wildcard look bad, but it makes Server owners who have made promises look bad as well. Let's see what happens on the 29th...

At Least Open another Part of the Ragnarok map since it is delayed til August 29th .... most of US have either explored the entire part of the map that is open

or are bored because there is nothing else to do this the next part is released

if you want your player base to continue on Ragnarok .... give us another part of the map to explore ..... right now its boring  cant really do much on the map on my pvpve server atm  nothing is really happening limited locations to explore same with caves etc

49 minutes ago, Lostmymarbles said:

At Least Open another Part of the Ragnarok map since it is delayed til August 29th .... most of US have either explored the entire part of the map that is open

or are bored because there is nothing else to do this the next part is released

if you want your player base to continue on Ragnarok .... give us another part of the map to explore ..... right now its boring  cant really do much on the map on my pvpve server atm  nothing is really happening limited locations to explore same with caves etc

buy SE DLC

22 hours ago, Jat said:

@Jat Here is the link to the memory leak issues, I have tagged you in there, but not sure if editing an older post will trigger it. I have the 5 most recent Crashstacks / Dump files there. Please note, several more of us are having the same crashstack as our more IT competent servermate took a look and tried to help us. I usually exit the game at 97% as to avoid crashing somewhere bad, otherwise there would be tons more. 

This was also happening on ANSEL mode that I was talking about. I have all the Crashstacks/Dump files for the whole year if you need more. I really would love to play, the Nvidia update gave FPS a HUGE boost, but having to restart every 15 mins, and it taking 5-10 mins to load on an older HDD just isn't fun. Turning on paging file isn't an option (aside for ANSEL just to get contest stuff made), as the game freezes for 20 sec of every 1-2 minutes.

I had made it managable around 1 month ago by triggering certain settings (Shadows/Foliage/Sky speed up the process), and I suspect the new sky/fog always on in the distance to have something to do with it.

Thanks.

Haha, what an absolute joke of a company and 'launch' this is. It's beyond ridiculous now. All this to release a game that's still broken anyway, hilarious! Why should any of us believe that it will come on the 29th Aug? We believed the 4th July, then 10th, then 19th, then Aug 8th....  Me and my friends are all basically at the point of not caring any more, as are most console players no doubt.
Fortunately Conan Exiles comes to Xbox before Rag now, so RIP Ark, you were fun! But enough is enough, a wise woman once said.... "Ain't nobody got time for that"

Can't release updates on time, can't release Ragnarok dlc on time, can't meet the delayed patches and releases on time, when you do release patch it's broken and untested we know this cause we couldn't do one basic thing.... login. And now you delay your own official release?? What is wrong with you people are so inept at your job or is it more simple grab as much money as you can before people find out your going to release this broken piece of poop. By the way several things you've broke with your patches. Ragnarok for console is now going to be more complete for release you must think we're all smoking crack to believe that you can fix anything. I truly hope when the reviews start coming out you get roasted and have a chance to sell another game on the market!!

I Play ark nearly every day since the release on PS4 and i love this game, but it starts to annoy me now. Waiting for Ragnarok trust your release announcement i took off from work for the 4th of July for the 8th of August and now.... raptor man. Stop to announce wrong dates. If you had announced the 29th of August from the beginning everything would be fine but that sucks like a cheating girlfriend. On the other Hand you can´t play the Island anymore  because the spawn rates are poop. Since you released the Yutyranus i haven´t seen a T-Rex or an Ovis in the North for over an month. Alphas???? Killed about 10 Alpha raptors in the last 4 weeks but haven´t seen an Alpha Rex for 3 months. Come on guys, you don´t earn less money if you increase the spawn rates. Please do that because otherwise the game is boring and i will quit because...raptor it´s another month to wait!!!

ok ok, i hope you working on "Dinos always bugs in trees" and where is the Tek Preserving Bin? Jeremy said that we got a faster preserving bin to produce Jerky, its a pain in the ass to get jerky on singleplayer this is the reason why i cheat all the jerky :o im happy if we can change the produce rate on the .ini.

On 7/29/2017 at 7:20 AM, Bevan said:

Or do you want the game to be made like EA would? Take out content so it's "finished" on time and then serve everything else as overpriced DLC

They do this anyway almost every update. Cut content and then the update still makes the game worse. There's no excuse to keep pushing it back. They have paid DLC and doubled the price of Ark. It seems like that money is going nowhere into actually making a better game. Seems like they've spent it all just trying to force out the game so they can make and waste even more money.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, All8iversons said:

Are we only going to be able to rent servers or will we be able to host a dedicated server for our Xbox from our PCs?

You should be able to do the latter when the Play Anywhere version releases in the Win 10 Store. @Jat hasn't committed to a release date for that yet though, just said that they'd have more news when it's ready.