Community Crunch 98: Gold Master Edition

Jatheish

34 minutes ago, CatInFire said:

About that i think they all have their part of work whch they doing. And not always it bad news.

I agree with you in the aspect that the team as a whole shares the "blame" or a part to play in this delay. My point is when you (Jesse) sit on the couch at E3 and publicly declare a set date for release and content you should be held accountable and face the crowd yourself when it's not met, not get someone else to address it and have that person constantly being cursed out and talked down to like a dog. Face the crowd yourself, goes for Jeremy as well for being a co-founder. I just get tired of people shooting the messengers. I'm sure they love coming to work everyday just to get cursed out and belittled everyday on twitter. These people are human beings after all and deserve respect. People need to focus their anger/frustrations at the right people, not the messengers. The only criticism I have towards Jat/Jen is just that as community managers, communication needs to be vastly improved. I would just stop with ETA's all together. I think people in general would be more understanding if they just communicate more. It has improved this week and hope that it continues to improve. Keep up the good work Jat/Jen/LilPanda/ and the rest of your team. 

Advice for Jen/Jat... take whatever date Jesse or Jeremy says and add two weeks to it for your ETAs. Far less people get mad when things come earlier than expected. Being on time would be GREAT. Personally I loved they way you launched Scorched Earth... no ETA or even a peep about it then 'Bang' there it is! The only reason people complained then was because of the paid DLC issue. Either be accurate with your dates & ETAs or just don't give ETAs at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why with all these failures you guys keep producing do you insist on making the game more work than game for us? Bring back offline stasis so we dont have to be on to feed every damn day. Bring nack the perm 1.5 at least or should even be double till rag. The games losing its fun and your losing your community with all this bs

All i am hoping for at this point is that the 29th deadline is kept. I haven't been playing this game longer than 6 months, but i would love to see it go full release. I know the game has been around 2 years now, i know there are still issues, but i would like you guy's to continue to fix the problems with the game, and continue making a fantastic game

Are there really people who thaught that the game will be released on August 8th? All the delayed patches and the state of the game told me that WC couldn't make it on this date without being NMS 2. It may sound that I'm mad, but that's not the case. I really like the decision of giving it a couple more weeks. I wouldn't care if they release it at the end of the year if there is still bad stuff to work on.

You announce new servers and existing becoming legacy on August 8th.

Most players I know are switching to new servers and have treated their game as such. Letting dinos die, not keeping up with breeding, members taking breaks and tribes running on next to nothing. 

Now you delay it for 3 weeks...

You do understand the impact, right? 

I should have known. You guys can't even patch all the servers at the same time (I can't transfer back because servers are on different versions this morning) let alone launch a game on time.

Edited by Pallist

Aww, you people hate delays and unpredictable releases and bugs? Go play a Blizzard game, one of the largest gaming companies in the world. You will not find any of that there -scoffs-.

Shift happens, relax. Go make your own game company and see if you can do better. Otherwise just suck it up and move on.

BTW, for those of you who took off work or made plans for the release, you should know better than that if you ever waited for a major game to be released. I finally gave up on that with CoD Advanced Warfare. Stayed up all night to play it at midnight (downloaded). Found out I had to wait for 3AM to play it since I was east coast USA. Then I tried downloading the tiny patch and play the game for the following 2.5 hours. Since nothing was successful I decided it was time to sleep and to never do that again for a game. Over 6 hours of my life wasted waiting for a game, but did I whine and beach about it and call the developers names? Probably, but this was not their first time releasing a game.

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

Well I figure I should pop in and give my two cents. First and foremost to everyone complaining I respectfully ask you to think about something. Without these guys creating this amazing game you wouldn't even have the ability to complain in the first place. I know you do it because you have fallen in love with the game, but remember that they are truly doing their best. We're lucky they take our opinions into account. You want to see bad studios go look at some of the really massive ones like EA. To the studio I can't say I'm not just a tiny bit disappointed, but I do have to admit I would rather see a delayed highly polished game rather than a repeat of AC: Unity. I do have to admit that I liked the idea stated in the comments about overestimating the time for releases. If you think it'll take three weeks push it to five or six. That way if it takes long than expected you are on time, but if it takes less you can give the players an 'early' release and they will be all the happier for it. Alright guys good luck on launch and I can't wait for August 29th!

To me the real issue here is the big lie at E3...announcing an expansion and hyping it up for a July 4th release....this was all a marketing tactic, a way to draw more people to ur game under false pretenses ?. And the fact that u guys have been aware of the pile of crap the official servers have gone to with the duping, ddosing etc and still nothing has been done about it is terrible. Those servers are barely playable and now.....NOW....player dedis are messed up...crash to the dashboard on Xbox and aren't playable at all....do u realize how many people u will push to Conan over this delay or do u people even care at this point?? I am beyond disappointed, been playing ark since Dec. of 2015 and now that player dedis are unplayable and the state of officials is so craptastic and barely playable, I'm done.... ?

Hey Thanks for picking my Castle Black build, I am glad you guys like it. I have 3000 + hours in Ark, its one of the best games in decades and for me will hold a spot in my gaming history like Sonic / Residentevil / BATTLE FIELD VIETNAM and other epic games have. 

With 30 years of gaming and dozens of beta/ Alfa tests (that were a thing before EA was invented) Ive seen and experienced the making of, and release of hundreds of games, and know that finding that balance of vision and creativity, to building a game that runs on almost every conceivable spec of PC and caters to the whims of there customers is nigh on impossible.

lets be honest so do thousands of other gamers. So keep up the good work Wildcard, and to every one else- Stay calm and play Ark :)

• Volunteer Moderator

Nice work everyone. I love the Scooby Doo @Sharkcat

It's disappointing about the delay, but it makes sense to have all platforms ready. Also good news about the bosses and the transferring of Ragnarok's creatures and also the mid-month major patch.

It's not the end of the world, there's bigger troubles in the world than a 3 week delay.

10 hours ago, ReturnToArk said:

RIP to all the people who took time off work for the release...especially in a game like this where you need that good start to protect yourself and your tribe.  This is a disgusting practice that needs to stop and many many devs do it.  Disrespectful of people's time.

LOL of people are still doing that it's on them. You've heard the expression: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. 

11 hours ago, Jat said:

I'll need to gather more information on this and work with an engineer to see if we can reproduce it. Mind making a bug report about it and linking it back to me? 

If it is similar to this one: 

Then the issue seems to be the game burning through VRAM and then chewing up system ram for environment rendering. I had this issue prior to upgrading my graphics card, it would seem just about any card at GTX 1080 level or below may experience this issue(I am on a GTX 1080 TI, but I have also setup a 128 GB system page file as well and haven't experienced the crash yet) .  I managed to evoke the error within 10 minutes of starting the game by rapidly exploring The Island. I get the feeling, however, that while we are posting legitimate bugs(I have posted one regarding launching the game in single player with Ansel support disabling tool-tips and thus disabling item management hotkeys as well as having HDR active on a display causing massive slowdowns at 4K resolutions), there is a non-existent response to these issues. Just speaking to the memory leak issues, there are at least 5 different topics regarding memory leak issues started, or posted to within the last 30 days and no response to them. That really needs to change. Studio Wildcard has a very unsettling habit of not communicating with the player base when issues arise. I cannot speak for anyone else, but I have only seen a handful of responses from someone in some position of authority in the bug forums since I started playing this game in 2015.