ARK Digest Question Collection!

Jatheish

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Please investigate if it is possible to make gunshots and explosions hearable from farther away than 10 meters, like in rust or pubg. It would be brilliant hearing gunshots in the distance. (This would singlehandedly make ARK brilliant 10/10 ign)

2. Make voice chat a lot louder, and don't decrease the volume depending on the player's orientation, I know it's more real to not hear players turned away from you, but it is extremely frustrating in an online game and has a lot of side effects. Players mounted on big dinos can't communicate without dismounting for example.

3. Higher quality Crossbows do not influence Grappling Hooks, could you make is so better Crossbows can shoot Grappling Hooks farther?

4. The possibility to use handguns in the offhand with an accuracy penalty? Pistols are severely underused at the moment, and this would create an interesting meta of people dual wielding revolvers, or using pistols and shields.

5. Nobody is using Smoke Grenades in PvP, give them some additional use. At least making the effect last much longer than 40 seconds, maybe a few minutes? Or some blinding effect?

6. An easier way to change ammo type? For example, I want to be able to switch from Fire Arrows to Grappling Hooks in the middle of a fight without opening up the inventory.

7. Tribe Log sorting from Newest To Oldest. It would be awesome if we didn't need to scroll all the way down for the latest things.

8. Tribe Log Timestamp maybe show something like 1 irl hour ago, instead of ingame days. It's currently very difficult to understand when a particular event took place from the tribe log.

9. Maybe an event specific item (or generally available but very expensive) that lets you rename weapons? I would love to have a more personalized gear set.

10. The ability to read chinese/russian/etc characters with english localisation. This one would actually be very nice, those "ToFu" boxes in the chat are such a pain to deal with when you need to communicate with someone not knowing what country they are from.

11. At the moment a lot of people are using TEK Replicators as storage because of the high number of slots. Can we get bigger, more expensive vaults (TEK Vault)? All our replicators are filled with flint :(

12. A log for vaults, similar to the tribe log, with the names of people that took and added what items. If it's too difficult to add this feature to current vaults, perhaps add it to a future bigger vault (TEK Vaults? :D).

13. Getting shot in the weapon could decrease the durability of the weapon and just a tiny bit of hp?

14. The possibility of adding all available attachments for a weapon? Realistically, having a scope, a laser pointer and a suppressor on a rifle is not at all uncommon, maybe increase the weight for each attachment added to it?

Thanks for all your hard work guys! :Jerblove:

Will you address and come up with a final solution to the many issues surrounding territorial claims in ARK PVE before release, so far you have been doing short term fixes with secondary consequences nerfing pillars and foundations several times with players finding workarounds within hours. Last such "fix" resulted in pillars attached to even large structures disappearing.

• After consideration, will you be finally adding random beacon drops?

• Will you be making small cluster servers (one of each map)? -- some people don't really like mega tribes wiping from server to server.

• Could we have blue prints for all building structures ( example, Mastercraft wood wall) - They could have more hits or high damage resistance to certain weapons etc....

• Could we have blue prints for bullets that do higher damage ( example, Ascendant Bullets could do 25% more damage but cost more to make) -- Base Defence could use the help since the enemy can use higher tier weapons and armour against you.

• Would you consider Behemoth Stone Pillars and can slot into spiral stairs for better looking builds? -- With maybe the possibility of being able to place platforms or ceilings on top?

• Will you in the after release future put out an update or dlc to make different tiered saddles look different?  ( example a primitive saddle looks like what we got now, while an ascendant saddle looks more armoured and bad ass.

• When will we see a Giant Crab with the ability for it to have a platform saddle come to the game?

• Will we see fish farming come to the game? (fish kept and bred in tanks including coel, piranha, saber salmon)

1) Could an option be added to see a tame's base stats for breeding? Would make it way easier to choose which Dinos to mate.

2) Could there be more complexities to ownership added? It would be nice to have tribe owned things and personally owned things simultaneously, and then personally owned tames set to "Do no ride" or "Do not level" (like your prized personal ptera!). Or have pin codes on your own chest, but not have every item set to an ownership. Maybe a tribe option to keep out of body inventories within tribe of logged off mates?

3) Has it ever been considered to make an engram like a "Workplace", which would combine the cost and space of the smithy, fabricator, chemistry bench, etc., but it would just be one item that shares storage  and function? It could remove UI issues of having to move between. Same could be done with a "Kitchen."

4) Instead of instilling a new dino or device for feeding babies, would it be possible to have the parents or mother act as a trough? Could even just be for mammals milk feeding them. Would make it easier to breed, but still include the challenge for when you trade.

5) Do you guys have any ideas for further utilizing the Specimen Implants? Some ideas:

Put implants from non-tribe members in the Grinder for Element. Could encourage PVP or trading. Element amount could eventually be weighted with survivor quotient.

An amount of different implants could be used to unlock a cool Bounty Hunter skin for tek armor.

Make a Tek device that can upload and download a tame into it. Could store your spelunking tame while you fly to the cave, swap them and store your flyer while you go cave spelunking. If you die, you would need to retrieve the implant to get the tame back. (Could store your dino that you don't want people riding on your body while you sleep -_-)

Okay so I have a list of questions and I hope you guys can answer any of them that you can.

1. Will seeds, berries, and the higher tiered plants get rework? I know you guys originally wanted them to only be harvestables in certain biomes.

1b. With that will berry bushes be getting unique skins when planted similar to the more complex plants such as savoroot and rockarrot?

2. Will you guys keep doing major updates on the main game long after official release or will you move on to focus on DLC?

3. I know you guys had at one point had on ground meshes planned for all items. Is that still a plan? And if it is will you guys try to release it pre or post launch?

4. Have you guys already performed the TLC pass over the older dinos such as Trike and Raptor yet? I don't remember seeing anything about it, but I could have missed it. 

5a. I would love to see more decoration items! Things like nicer chairs, thrones for my castle, rugs, better trophy room complete with full body and head mounts, and so much more! Are there any possibilities to add any of these post or (if the stars align) pre launch?

5b. To go along with the request for more decorations could we get a feature that better hides wires? I hate going through my castle and have wires sticking out at odd angles. Also could they snap to ceiling tiles? It would make life a lot easier and cleaner.

6. Finally will there be a way for us to create above ground aquariums? With the teleporter now available I would love to be able to have my massive underwater mounts housed above ground and on display.

Thanks for any that you can answer!

Will we ever see another collection based goal for pve? As we already have specific creatures dropping body parts on death could there be a chance to receive a random bone like say the ribs from a dead creature? Then if all the bones needed are collected a skeleton model of the creature can be assembled and placed for decor? To take it further hide could be spent in order to turn the skeleton into a taxidermy version.

• Volunteer Moderator

I have  questions from recent threads ive seen and wondering about. I

1. Will mushrooms and wild flowers have the option to grow them in the crop plots via thread @ZeroSeconds Had a great idea and wanted to post it here.

2. Can we get some fruit trees that grow random around the island and or grow them in crop plots for alternative food sources.

3. Can we get spikes boats fridges added to the list of pvp destroy timers or demolish please... 

4. After release comes will you the developers be adding special items we can collect costumes or skins that fun stuff like .... Jats sun glasses... Jens flaming parasaur saddle with flames on the side. Maybe a mask of a panda for lilpanda adam...maybe a skin for a club of bamboo for panda ... that sort of stuff...

1: Will the titanabia ever be able to be tamed? 

2: Is there any plan to make all mods available on console  via a system similar to that of Fallout 4 or Skyrim?? There have been many requests of features but you just said "We'll leave that to modders." To me that's a huge blow to console players.

3: Will you be adding Ice Wyverns to scorched Earth, or maybe the Griffin to the center?

4: Can we maybe oh maybe have a tiny hint of the actual paid DLC you guys plan on releasing late this year?

5: Can we expect more updates post launch like the ones we've been getting? Like its mostly fixes with bits of content added? Maybe even more dinos every now and then?

6: Please tell me you've at least been considering a tek machine that can combine two different species. That would beballer 

7: Will there every be a way to customize dinos that are actually unique? I'm not talking about the silly glasses any dinos can wear, but maybe more skeletal/zombie costumes or something like tying a bandana on a trike's horns, for example?

I dont know if people have asked you this in the past BUT:

Do you plan to give The Island a makeover? Because Ragnarok is currently the best map (even beating The Center) and not to mention The Island map which extremely lacks detail and beautiful spots like on Ragnarok. The realistic places and many biomes just make it plain awesome - The Island is the heart of this game and really needs an overhaul - beating Ragnarok with ease!

I hope that this is a relevant question guys AND: I am so proud to be playing your game (your baby!) because you work so hard on it and it just makes me happy that you guys care about the community! Thank you very much! <3

Yours,

Patrick aka SurvivalArtist

These my long-time favourite questions may have been asked elsewhere in this thread already, I'm sorry I did not read it all very thoroughly. Anyway:

1)

Will the creature behaviour/looks/saddles be matched with the dossier info eventually? In most cases it already fits, of course, but there are some blatant discrepancies such as the manta (according to the dossier it is both docile and rideable bareback...) and some more "fuzzy ones" such as the rather exaggerated dossier description of the Megalodon.

I'm fine with either the creatures or the dossiers being changed ;)

Or... maybe this misinformation is now built into the ark-lore... maybe Helena was mistaken? I guess this would be acceptable, but I'd call lazy

2)

Would you consider re-implementing some way of keeping track (ok ok, pokedex) of what creatures we have tamed (and, more importantly, what we haven't!)? The way the dino dossiers used to be... For me collecting dossiers were a great incentive and one additional simple goal in an open game. Travelling around exploring ruins is a different goal (for me, personally, not as appealing), but maybe both things could coexist?

Suggestion on how (although you probably come up with something better): Maybe just keep the "library-page" showing the blue-glowing creature-logos, with the question marks for undiscovered species (yup, that would be motivation enough for a simple creature like me).

3)

This was posted long ago by DomiDarko, but I wonder the same thing: " Will you ever correct the names of some creatures? Currently misspelled are Arthropluera (correct is ArthroplEUra), Titanboa (correct is TitanOboa) and Pulminoscorpius (correct is PulmOnoscorpius) ?"

4)

I also second this:

14 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

Has the TLC pass for Legacy dinos been scrapped or pushed back to post launch updates?

5)

And a last concern voiced elsewhere several times: will all the Collector's Edition -goodies, excluding the game, be available for us who have the game as Early Access on Steam?

Hi,

Will there be a Tek saddle for the quetz? Maybe vertical take off and energy bombs, with a 1st person view that goes to a bombardier.

Could we get cactus in large crop plots? Can harvest with Gillie on and acts like a living spike wall.

Can there be a connector piece for pipes and cables so two separate systems can connect, rather than one big one?

What happened to dynamic length bridges?

Is there some crop in the future that can offer sap?

Snake taming, still coming?

Can we breed bats?

1.) Will you be revisiting the kibble progression tree at any point?  Related, will you allow for servers to have custom kibble progression trees via a server.ini setting, like the custom engrams and experience required?

2.) Will you be revisiting the mechanics of the very fast torpor drop creatures (i.e. needing someone to click narcotics every few seconds just to keep the creature under due to fast drop/low max torpor), or perhaps introduce the narcotics drip feed/IV that was mentioned many months ago, to mitigate that boring mechanic?

Will you ever make an official gamemode designed more for PvE fun?

Right now a vast majority of balance in the game, including item crafting costs, dino stats, weapon damage, player carry weight, etc is centered around balancing PvP. Also, once you have a wall there isn't much to worry about in PvE aside from alphas and gigas if you live where they spawn. I think a mode built for being able to construct bases faster, get weapons and ammo much quicker with much higher durability, and with stronger enemies would be a lot of fun. Preferably avoid having constant base hazards because a lot of people like PvE just because they can progress in the game without having to worry about losing their base when they go to bed.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish locked this topic

Archived