ARK Digest Question Collection!

Jatheish

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have questions,

1. Will the Center map update stopping people from glitching under the map actually work? Or will it be like the update you did for the island to stop people under mapping and have absolutely zero effect?

2. Will the people on your banned list who were just globally banned and not VAC banned or BE banned be taken off that list upon official release?

3. Are the rumours true that when the new servers are released there will be no cross ark transfer for the first 3 months?

4. If the above is true does that mean all ark transfers or just transfers to maps outside each cluster?

The tribe system ever going to get an overhaul? I've never actually seen any established tribes invite a new player after they asked to join a tribe and that's the fault of the current system. Even in PvE tribes can be wiped out by griefers. The thread in my signature is a good place to look for ideas if the dev team is actually going to try and fix it.

Hi, 

just wondering if you guys are aware of the issue whereby, while taming, an unconscious dino will not register the food placed in its inventory? E.g. A trike's HUD will say 'place food in inventory to tame' with berries in its inventory.  This can be fixed by reloading the world but it's still annoying when it happens. I'm playing single player on PC btw. 

Do you plan to make TLC pass on old "legacy" dinosaurs before premiere? (Legacy dinos, the ones that have no special ability or utility, for example Parasaur or Trike)

Do you plan to make AI overhaul before or after premiere? What will AI overhaul contain?

Will your optimisation pass allow to play on stable 60 fps, 1080p, epic settings on high end cards such as GTX 1080 finally?

When are you going to hire more people for Customer Support, which is severly undersaffed?

Will you start making Dev Blogs so community can find out what is going on in development process and improve pretty bad quality of communication with playerbase? Mind you, posting an announcement once per month or when everything goes to hell on this forum is not improvement in communication.

Is sound pass finished? There are still some areas that can be improved. Walking sounds of animals especially.

My first question is after Arc finally does hit its release and is in the scope of releasing new content, how will the 2 upcoming dlcs be handled? Are they going to have exclusive content only available on those maps?     Cause if so I know I personally will not be buying them as well as many others, it was disappointing to see how scorched earth was handled. I don't see any reason why certain items that are helpful to the core game can't be available to all maps. I pay for dlc to enhance the game and experience, not to be treated as its own entity.

My next question is if The Island map was supposed to be the main prime map of the game, the culmination and collection of everything the game has to offer, then why hasn't it been updated to include a desert biome with the scorched earth dlc items/dinos? Is this in future plans for the game? Again I don't really understand why none of the dlc has been integrated into the core game, aside from cross servers.

Thank you all for taking the time to read all our comments, its got to be hard dealing with everyone being upset about the delays, it just shows how much everyone cares about this project, we all just want some answers and some light at the end of the tunnel. So thanks again for bring back the digest.

I think I ask this for a lot of early access players. Will the new servers at launch ever be joined up with the legacy servers

I feel this is extremely important as after a short period of time legacy servers will get boring and dry and we will have to start over again on the new servers, which would suck

How are the sponsored mods going to be integrated into the core game? Are some mods like castle keeps and forts/ steampunk mod going to be converted to alternative engrams to learn? or maybe unlocked through collecting certain explorer notes?      It would be nice to have a high level tier between metal and tek, and the steampunk mod looks like a perfect fit. I really hope all the mods aren't going to be treated like total conversions that all have to be loaded up on private servers if wanted to play.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish locked this topic

Archived