ARK Digest Question Collection!

Jatheish

Are there any plans to add new guns or update the current ones to help mix things up a little bit/make there be a reason to use them? In all the pvp I've done, starting way back in june 2015, really the only weapons i've used have been longnecks, fabricated snipers when they came out, and then crossbows with tranq or fire arrows. Sometimes there'd be somebody with a high damage fabricated shotgun or assault rifle, but they just aren't near as common as the sniper rifles are. Buffing the current weapons a little bit to make them more viable options, and/or adding a submachine gun that bridges the gap between pistol and assault rifle, or a light machine gun purpose built to send hundreds of bullets at a time into dinos would be neat additions I think

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's very obscure as of current but was referenced many times in the past. 

Will we ever see a massive AI upgrade that implements more behaviors such as sleep hours and wild nests that gives the world a much more alive feel to it.

Will some recipes be rebalanced to be more realistic. As it is some things such as the lance are ridiculous in requirements seeing that they require more metal than for an industrial grill.

Are all the items that were mentioned but never implemented going to arrive? There are a lot of gaps in the progression through gaining better technology. A handheld flashlight is one example for the lower tech tier.

Will boss fights ever reward more than the person who deals the killing blow? There is really no point in trying to take on a boss with the help of other tribes if only one person will actually receive element for it.

there has been quite a bit of speculation and hopes for the 2 dlc's you guys are working on can a survivor get any hints about one or both of them understandable if you dont want to spill the focal chili though it is delicious.

as for a not so hard to answer possibly nda breaking question

will the TLC Pass to bring the more old school dinos up to the standard of the new ones possibly even granting abilities as well still be happening? we saw quite a nice glimpse of what such a pass could look like when the saber got a much needed makeover.

1. What can you tell us about the so called TLC pass on older dinos? I love the Saber model update and am hoping for more.

2. Can you create a walkthrough for the non-"tek" savvy survivors so we can figure out how to host dedicated servers for our friends using our own PC without resorting to third parties?

3. Any information you can provide on updates to character creation?

4. With Torches now able to be attached to saddles, any chance can we also attach painted flags or boss flags to them in the future?

5. Will the island ever get 'weather' and 'wind' conditions like Scorched Earth?
It would be nice to be able to transfer Wind Turbines and Jerboa to the island and still have them be useful if we have the option. Also, some of the recipes locked to Scorched Earth right now would be great to use on the Island. (Boomerang, Whip, Preserving Salts, etc.)

Thank you for taking the time to read all this!  Looking forward to launch.

Incoming wall of questions. I'm hoping at least one of these get answered. 

Any hints to what the other big SE-style DLCs are? 

Outside of DLC, is there a chance of any more creatures being added to the game? 

There seems to be a problem with many animals in the game being basically the same thing, and serving the same purposes. Will there be any updates that will give most, if not all animals something unique? 

Getting knocked off of mounts by lightning-fast Microraptor is annoying and sometimes incredibly frustrating. Could we maybe get a way to counter or protect ourselves from this attack? Perhaps flak helmets and up can protect a player from being stunned? 

It seems strange that most of species in the ocean don't interact with each other, but they're all out for blood when a human hits the water. Will there be any AI updates to the life in the ocean, so it seems more like the mainland's ecosystem?

Is the TLC patch for day-release animals still planned? If so, what does "TLC" entail?

Would the Liopleurodon ever be subject to a re-work? Most of us were very disappointed by this animal, that had been hyped up for such a long time.

Are the items in the devkit like the tomahawk, oil lamp, etc, still planned or were they scrapped similarly to the Phoenix? 

Do y'all have any plans to redo/rebalance guns in ark, so that people will want to use something other than the longneck and fab sniper.

Could it be possible to add in a lever action rifle that does less than a longneck but more than a simple pistol?

Last one I promise. Could we get an actual "sniper" rifle in the fabricated weapon tier? The fab sniper performs more like a dmr than an actual sniper rifle imo 

Hi Jat! Thanks for the recent update on the state of the game. I, as everyone, have a few questions:

- What can you tell us about the dino TLC? Specifically, how much progress has been made, are any players getting big changes, and are we going to see a shift toward gameplay focused more on choices between similarly powerful tames rather than a clear progression of tame power (i.e. Raptor -> Carno -> Rex -> Giga)?

- Can we see breeding rounded out for all remaining creatures (with obvious major exceptions such as the wyvern)? Another question above asked specifically about insects, which are what I'm thinking of here, but also creatures like the Onyc could really stand to have breeding options.

- Broader question, but what can you tell us about plans to rework kibble trees, taming, breeding, and imprinting? Basically, the process of obtaining tames

- One of the big questions I've seen is how future DLCs will play out. I for one was very excited for Scorched Earth and enjoyed it a lot, but I was frustrated when a lot of the Scorched content was released on free DLC content (i.e. Ragnarok). I understand this can be a sticky issue because of potential complications with Pay2Win and such, but can you offer any assurances that our $20 (or however much) won't just be for a new map and will go toward expansive new content?

- In a similar vein to the previous question: Scorched Earth updates and upkeep (map expansions, new bosses, new creatures for the map specifically, etc). Will we see them?

- Any hints on the nature of the upcoming paid DLCs? :) I'm crossing my fingers for an aquatic ARK and for a snowy ARK

- Is there any plan to add in random world events to keep gameplay fresh for endgame players? I'm sort of stealing a mod idea here (sorry!), but example might be a "super" Alpha (an Apex, so to speak) spawning at one of a few predetermined locations that will require coordination and teamwork to take down.

- Similar to the above, can we see more varied and regular ARK events that give more permanent rewards? Like Dodo Frenzy with plenty of Dodo-themed cosmetics, or maybe boss events where a given boss gets some temporary buffs but provides extra lootzedoodles

I think that's all I have for now, but I'll be back if I think of anything more ;)

Armor Stands & Weapon Racks.

Refert reworked.

More Base Defenses.

One personal shoulder pet in no taming servers, a jerboa for scorch for example.

Updated animations and physics for all guns.

More variety in guns and attachments.

New building materials and objects in a class between metal and tek.

Can we have better models for each lvl a item has so a mastercraft crossbow looks more advanced than a primitive.

Gamma settings on main menu or redial menu maybe i'm forever going into options to change it.

More ways to hide small bases.

I'm curious if any of this will be added. Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I'm just gonna ask here anyways. Will there be any content that will be added that's mainly focused towards PvE players, such as furniture, base decoration, and gardening? I would really like to see some features that favor PvE more than PvP. A lot of game features mainly lean towards the PvP side, so it would be nice if the PvE players got something fun to play around with. Thanks.

So I have a question regarding the older models of Ark (being those of the Tyrannosaurus, Carnotaurus, etc). Will these creatures, along with other older creatures, be getting a model update like the Smilodon? The newer models/animations are far better than the older ones, and the new Smilodon is great!

There are a few other elements of Ark I'd like to ask about. With building, I think integrating the Structures+ mod may be your best bet in pleasing the passionate builders of Ark, what do you think? Also, what do you think about making unique taming processes for different creatures? This would make it so players aren't always doing the standard "knock out an feed" method, allowing for diversity, and in turn, a more enjoyable experience (not saying every creature should have their own method, just more diversity). Also, could the minion spawns in the Manticore Arena be turned down a bit on SP? Thank for your dedication to this great game! I'm very pleased with it.

MINIMUM: Operating System: 64-Bit Windows 7 Service Pack 1, or Windows 8 Processor: 2 GHz Dual-Core 64-bit CPU Memory: 4000 MB of memory Graphics: DirectX10 Compatible GPU with 1 GB Video RAM DirectX: Version 10 Disk space: 40000 MB of free disk space

Here your games should asser well turned on its so gonna make me enjoy doing a big optimization of way all the more powerful pc configuration face turned games corecrete way with at least graphics in medium quality and in 60 fps all the time parque well corrected The bugue mets I really expect a big update optimization I think the least of the things for games soon even release in final version and optimization server to have less lag and a lower ping would be good too

And all player with big pc and good graphics card could play good condition mets happens well optimize minimal configuration the big machine should turned the games super good

Are you planing to make the crafting skill relevant? when you implemented it you said it would be a way for players to legitimately get weapons/saddles above the max armor/dmg but right now if we craft such an amazing item the next server update/reset it is dropped down to the max. This makes the crafting skill worthless for players with max level bp. 

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish locked this topic

Archived