ARK Digest Question Collection!

Jatheish

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When full game comes out will there be a 2x week or something down them lines to help the people that have been wiped because of the dinos you spawned in. That's not blaming It on spawned in dinos but the amount of dupe tribes on xbox every big tribe with tek just sits in there dupe cave jerking of all day so for the people who have to play the game from scratch again and restart on the new server will there be a boost in xp gain and gather for the fist week 

• Volunteer Moderator

As for the servers that will be closing to cover the costs of the new cluster, do you guys plan to let players that might still have bases there pickup the structures instead of demoing them (so they can transfer the structures to another server and rebuild instead of losing half the resources they used and that without talking about the pain of moving the heavy resources and the time to craft everything again)?

On 2-8-2017 at 6:12 AM, Microvenator said:

sometimes it doesn't work for us pc people either. the last time i painted a rex i could barely see its head i had to turn it a weird angle to do it

Use the other mouse button. Maybe with shift or Ctrl, I don't remember. You can move things around in various ways to look properly at what you're painting.

On 3-8-2017 at 10:24 AM, TranqRex said:

Hi @Jat, I have 2 questions that I would like clarification/answers on, if you could!

1) 

2) 

Much appreciated!

Hosting scorched earth on a dedicated server works.

I think whitelisting also works, but I haven't used it in a while and I don't really understand the problem with the password protection. Passwords work fine, except when running servers in a cluster it makes cross-transfer a bit cumbersome.

Or do you mean something XBOX specific?

37 minutes ago, CCRogerWilco said:

Hosting scorched earth on a dedicated server works.

I think whitelisting also works, but I haven't used it in a while and I don't really understand the problem with the password protection. Passwords work fine, except when running servers in a cluster it makes cross-transfer a bit cumbersome.

Or do you mean something XBOX specific?

Both are specific to Xbox, hence being in Xbox sub-forums ;)

On 7/28/2017 at 11:12 PM, PapaChiino said:

Will you guys be doing anything to the duplicators and duplicated items? 

This, mainly I understand you cannot speak on who gets action-ed and I understand you plan on making legacy servers and new servers.  What I have not heard or must have missed is will the duplicate items be dealt with by removing them from play?  My assumption is no and that is why you are making legacy and non-legacy servers but I hope I am wrong.

9 minutes ago, zeymere said:

This, mainly I understand you cannot speak on who gets action-ed and I understand you plan on making legacy servers and new servers.  What I have not heard or must have missed is will the duplicate items be dealt with by removing them from play?  My assumption is no and that is why you are making legacy and non-legacy servers but I hope I am wrong.

I think they've been pretty clear that your assumption is correct.

I think they can only fix the bug, but can't see which items were created with it and don't have the time to manually check everything.

1 hour ago, CCRogerWilco said:

I think they've been pretty clear that your assumption is correct.

I think they can only fix the bug, but can't see which items were created with it and don't have the time to manually check everything.

I must have missed the pretty clear part?  Really?  SO it was stated they cannot do anything about the duplicated items?  I must have totes missed that...

oo wait pretty clear means danced around the subject ;) gothca... I kid , really I do...

Here is my questions. @Jat

1. Well the PreOrder bionic Dino skins be for Early access people 2? Sense that's kinda like PreOrdering the game ether way. Even if its for like 2 bucks for the skins for Early Access people.

2. Well there be fixes coming soon for the Recent bugs making Servers crash everywhere and players losing there data because of crashes and characters on servers?

3. How much of new map on the 29? Like well the desert be unlocked then?

4. Well the Playstation app Second Screen keyboard finally work with ark like the xbox spyglass or whatever its called does? So we can copy and paste commands in to just like xbox?

5. Can you fix the Black Dye be actually black and not like a grey transparent color on humans and dinos? like jet black no transparent?

I have an idea and wanted to propose it. 

Will there ever be any kinds of "Mega Ruins" in ARK? Such as abandoned temples, or perhaps bunkers hidden away. And if so, could they be utilized for PvP advantages? The ruins in ARK now are interesting, and it would be great to see them expanded, due to my curiousness on finding out the story. Just a small question, but I'd be happy to know what's next for ARK's environment in terms of ruins.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

As for the servers that will be closing to cover the costs of the new cluster, do you guys plan to let players that might still have bases there pickup the structures instead of demoing them (so they can transfer the structures to another server and rebuild instead of losing half the resources they used and that without talking about the pain of moving the heavy resources and the time to craft everything again)?

This right here is an AWESOME suggestion, but I am pretty sure they are not going to do this unfortunately :(

WC has made some really cool dinos, yet they all behave like mindless robots once tamed. This becomes very obvious when you park your dinos at your base. They just stare at a wall for eternity. I think if dinos had more idle animations then they would seem much more alive. For example, an equus would sometimes scratch at the ground or a saber tooth would lay down and curl up. However, in order to avoid annoyance, the dino would perk up almost instantly if you wanted to do something with them. And maybe these idle animations could be turned off in the server settings.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish locked this topic

Archived