ARK Digest Question Collection!

Jatheish

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely love the Griffin's flying animation and the look of the wings, will you add these new types of animation and look to the Argy, and the other older dinos?  Almost all of the them are outclassed by the newer creatures, and they all look dated compared to the nicer, cleaner models and animations of the recent additions. 

I actually have 2 questions for digest which can be very popular.

Game size

The current size of the game is around the 100 GB file size, when can we expect optimizations for this so we can finally run the game on an SSD again? :D

Chat system

There are quite some complaints about the current chat system in the game. It is good we have alliance and tribe chats. But sometimes there is that 1 dork in chat pissing you (or other people) off. Will the chat system be improved in future iterations with for example muting separate players instead of turning off the whole chat. You don't have to reinvent this as other games already have a good working system. Look for example at Overwatch or SMITE as example.

Uh. Hi, everyone. My name's joebyron and I'm an arkaholic. Wow feels good saying it out loud. I've already used most of my sick days to play your game, so all of this obviously isn't a gripe. Just a wants and suggestion lost.

1. Water vessels. Is there any plan to add more? Perhaps a whole engram set to "ships." Where we get a larger base and can have more ship looking creations. I know the hit box and boats getting stuck use to be a problem, perhaps that's why you avoided This? But larger ships could simply not be allowed in the shallow water. And if they do, they just get stuck or take an encumbered speed until you return them to deeper water, and they slowly loss health as you break the bottom? And instead of it breaking and losing everything it could just lose the ship building base and become a stranded structure? Also. Maybe canoes, hide life rafts?

2. Carts and other mount pullable items? It's a small foundation base that can be pulled by mounts, could add like half of its weight to the mount since it's being pulled and not resting on them? This would allow larger hauls, more need for bridges and "landscape " taming. I love the smithy and mortar and pestle saddles, but it'd be awesome to haul a refining forge and small shelter.

3. I hear a lot of people mad you can't tame the titan boas, as someone who owned snakes I think that's cool. But perhaps they could be a passive tame? Kind of in the way of the tradoon. Where we "feed " them. But instead of becoming tamed they just respect us to a degree. Lowering the chance of them agroing on us. But leaving it open to where they still might?

4. Remembering their tame? Can we get something to where our tames remember how we tamed them and where. Bad tames make animals more spoked in the chunk they were tamed. Similar to what happens with a roar. And good tames get a almost mating boost when back home?

Thanks if you read this, I won't know if you didn't so thanks either way.

Joe Byron 

P.s. mauh I love you

A few questions I have:

1. Are other alpha variants for creatures (besides the current alpha land predators and aquatic creatures) still planned?

2. Could you please clarify exactly what the legacy creatures in need of revamping and touch-ups on their models are? I know some of them, but I'm not quite clear on what constitutes a legacy creature.

3. Are there still plans to include the lamprey, the phoenix, a gorgonopsid of some genus, a giant crab, and those two cold climate creatures Jeremy Stieglitz mentioned in an old digest in the game?

4. Any chance that Explorer Notes will be added to Ragnarok, The Center, and the two upcoming season pass maps? Would really be cool to have a story for those maps, especially since The Center and Ragnarok have so many ruins and old buildings to explore.

5. Any chance more characters will be introduced via Explorer Notes? The six we have now between The Island and Scorched Earth are very well done, but I think there is definitely room for more characters to be added to the lore and history of the game.

6. Will we ever see these previous survivors mentioned in the Explorer Notes as NPCs in the game? Would be cool if you could interact with them, perhaps recruit them to your tribe (would be especially neat in singleplayer to make the game feel more interactive), and perhaps they could provide you with certain boosts and abilities like making taming, finding Explorer Notes, crafting recipes, and other things easier/more interesting. Frankly, I would like to see how Wildcard models these characters and what personalities they would create for them.

10 hours ago, IT5Sparky said:

Please all i ask is to give us some information reguarding player didicated arks....we are all very frustrated (as im sure you guys are) but we are all dealing with letting people down by having to reset servers every other day ive seen people build mammoth size metal bases in a day or two and lose it all to whatever it is going on. Many thanks

Why are you forced to reset the server?

1. Will you be improving the AI and general dino behaviour? This may be the biggest issue of the game; wild dinos are just mindless wanderers. Sleeping, nesting and such would give the game a lot more life. Also, please give herbivores a chance by making them avoid predators and travelling in packs.

2. Will you improve early and mid game? Lately you've been working mostly on tek while the other tiers can feel really empty. More weapons, more furniture, gear. More building tiers would be great too.

3. Speaking of building, it needs a lot of love. It doesn't even cover the basics really, we badly need corner foundations, corner ceilings, corner sloped ceilings... some of us don't want to fix our games with mods.

4. Will you please rework the liopleurodon? It was a cool reference, but I think we all want the actual creature we were excited for :)

1. Will SOTF and Primal Survival be touched upon in the near future? Many of us LOVED SOTF as that is the perfect balance of PVPing for ARK. And Primal Survival is such a cool concept. Will either of these be looked at again soon?

2. Do you have any plans for separating PVP and PVe mode. As someone mentioned, the majority of patches are attempts at making the PVP in ARK balance (and not doing well at all, you can't balance ARK's pvp to be fair with the way it's fundamentally built). PVE players take a hit like with things like the flyer nerf, something we feel was very unnecessary on PVe with the scale of it. Will you separate these two modes later to get different patches and treat them like the two vastly different game modes that they are?

3. Will we get more TLC passes done on other legacy dino's before release? OR even after? The saber was a step in the right direction, but heaven knows the Raptor, Argie, and several other dino's look outdated compared to the beautiful newer dino models and animations.

4. Will you ever consider giving a couple other flyers like the Ptera, Argie, and Pelagornis (maybe Tapejara) the ability to dive and pick up speed with diving down and pulling up like the Griffin has? They don't need it's ability to do damage when they hit the ground (rather they should take damage themselves if done), I just want a way to make them fly faster and if other flyers flew like the Griffin did, it would breath new life back into the flyers since they wouldn't be swimming in the air anymore and actually feel like flight.

When are these new official servers ? The game right now for a lot of people on console is not even playable. After the mention of new official servers , and old servers becoming legacy , made people think even if they do decide to keep playing on them, the fate of the server is only decided on population making starting over on the new official sever a must , But i keep hearing things about this Ragnarok being pushed , in my opinion i can careless when it comes out , what i want to know is when can i start building on the new severs because we all know we are wasting time playing on the current servers were on . like for real soon as this was mention , there was like seige on just about every server until the update yesterday night that  killed cross server pvp , to bad we lost everything but we truly didnt care and decided to stop playing until the release of the new servers. So i ask when are these new servers coming out, hopefully not the 29th of aug ( that would really just kill the game for me , and i bet it would for a lot of people with the same idea)

So I have few questions:

1) Plant species X. So is there any chance they get upgraded? Because as they are now they aren't too much of help in later stage of game. Can you add something to them? Like if enemy is hit by plant X they receive double damage?

2) Any chance to get an addition to fridge, like in Automated ark mode, like a freezer? It doesn't have to stack, It can be self standing build, but you could put some of the stuff in it like shock darts, prime etc. 

3) Can we expect some changes in kibble tree and getting some sort of food for herbivores something as mutton? Like some special cake, or some special plant that you need to grow?

4) Do you plant to add land mines? They could be buried like purlovia and only tribe could see it. 2 type of mines, anti personal mines, and ant dino mines. 

5)Can we expect more skins? not just bionic and skeletons...

Ty and keep up good work.

thank your for the update! one more bug fix, every time my friend hosts a non dedicated session, whenever i hop on a dino, i go  invisible, but only my head shows. its weird because when the host does it, he doesn't go invisible. there is a slight fix though. i can take off my Armour and put it back on but whenever i hop on one, it does it again. also, would love to see more character customization, like different races, not just changing the face of the character, cause the face is all the same. And the male one is kinda ugly. great job on the game, keep it up!

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish locked this topic

Archived