ARK Digest Question Collection!

Jatheish

Can we get a better answer to the issue of the player dedicated servers on the Xbox console crashing (at the volcano entrance loading screen) other than 'we are iterating on this'? I know that I have been patient waiting for a resolution (as  have other hosts of player dedicated servers) to this problem but have been unable to play since the July 4th update. I have not seen any answers on how this will be addressed or even fixed at all. Are you getting rid of the dedicated servers run from a second Xbox console and forcing us to pay $13.00 a month to pay Nitrado so that we can have our own private server ? Or do we need to wipe our server and start over (with the possibility of this happening again)? Or will an actual solution be completed so that we can still run our servers from a second Xbox? 

Thank you.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1)Will console ever get mods like bush people

2) Will their be a variety of tek saddle abilities like walking on water

3) Will the trike get a charge meter or the impale attack

4)Will you ever add a Dino that glides and can dive like the griffin

5)Will the giant spiders ever be able to climb walls or spin traps made of web because I don't see to much of a use for them besides just having

Ok so this is a big one about alot of my creature related questions. Thanks for reading.

1. Are the Pirahana and Titanoboa still planned on being tamable? (The Pirahana dossier implies it's tamable and I've heard talk about the Titanoboa becoming tamable.)

2. Will the dire wolves ever get a saddle?! 

3. Why aren't Griffins breedable, and is it planned in the future?

4. Is there still a big alpha pass in the works? (I heard in a previous digest that more alphas would get added.)

5. Are any more of the "Legacy" or launch dinos going to be getting any new models/animations?

6. Will raptors ever get pack buffs and alphas? 

7. Will the kibble tree be reworked? A lot of it seems weird and outdated now. And in serious need of some work. 

8. And probably my biggest question, will there be any more dinosaurs added into the base game? Meaning no dlc or map exclusives. If no why Not?

Those are my big creature related questions. Sorry it was so long. I had to look through all my old digest posts and just decided to combine all the creature ones lol. Sorry for the ramble.

Could we ever see a new suit of armor like a wing suit? It would pretty much look like Hiccup' s from how to train your Dragon 2. And function about the same to. I just think it could be a really cool and fun addition. Probably fall into the Riot/ modern tier, or even the Flak/ mid evil. I just think it would be a great one of a kind feature. Or, save it, if your planning a sky dlc.... ;)

- Is there any plans to improve the AI of dinos even further? (because Pteranodons seems to fly around me in circles)

- A convenient feature I think would be great (for PVE) would be a "pick-me-up" whistle where the nearest flying mount makes its way to you, picks you up, and puts you on its saddle. Any thoughts on this?

- Is there a chance PVE servers can get an option to have the player Item Caches glow, thus making it easier for players to find their bag?

- Allocating over 250 points in a skill for your dinos causes all their stats to reset. Can you address this bug?

- Any chance of adding new whistles for "Enable all Wander" and "Disable all Wander"?

- Are we to expect any more dinos in the future?

- Any plans on improving the character creation screen? (eg. Hd character textures, new faces, new hair styles)

Specific representative on ground mesh was removed from the he coming soon section of the release notes, is it abandoned due to memory or hardware(consoles) restraints?

When will you give the araneo a silk ability, either giving silk when killed or passively making silk similar to the acahtina and cementing paste

Is Tek gear available on primitive servers?

Have you considered having server clusters that are capped at modern technology, so their is no Tek items, structures, saddles or skins

What do you think of a shovel so we can gather sand from the beaches on island and center maps? Obviously I don't expect the shovel to be capable of landscaping the terrain, but it would also allow for peat to be gathered from shallow swamplands as a long burning fuel source

Will you be doing a server pass to remove all duplicated Dino's? (Dino's with identical IDs)

What do you think of being able to mix tree sap with water to make refined sap in a pestle and mortar which can be used in place of cactus sap to make propellent and clay

What are your thoughts on making your death cache light visible to tribe mates, perhaps as a different color? Or to alliance members? Goggles me by highlighting the specimen implant in your inventory, and remembering your preference every spawn for that survivor, this would help more experienced survivors to help ones with less experience to find their body when they die

1. What about those premium skins for pre-order for people who were in EA? How do we [EA players] grab them?
2. What will you do about pvp griefing, blocked spawns etc. How will you make PvP playable?
3. Will you open server in clusters of 4? [containing each map, transfer only possible within the cluster of 4 maps (or more if you add other maps)]
4. Will you add any RPG-like Items from bosses (Example Venom Sword, drops from broodmother, it s a normal sword, changed skin and applies poison)
5. Will we get a more realistic food chain in the game? Like most of the carnivores hunting eachother.
6. Are these still on the table? https://ark.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_Features
7. Lamprey and Phoenix, still alive?
8. What about Ascension, besides the possibilty to lvl to 115. Any new engrams to be unlocked? Will the ascension portal send you somewhere else or unlock a new place? (Like the moon or whatever).
9. What about adding some of ECO's decoration mods to the game? The game could use some terrariums and garden stuff, as it lacks decorations items badly.
10. When you guys add a new buyable DLC, please make it more standalone than SE. Meaning, people can play mainly on that map, not just go there to take the new dinos and whatever ressources. Don t get me wrong, SE is cool but you can t play just SE and have your base there [you miss more than half the ark content]

Please all i ask is to give us some information reguarding player didicated arks....we are all very frustrated (as im sure you guys are) but we are all dealing with letting people down by having to reset servers every other day ive seen people build mammoth size metal bases in a day or two and lose it all to whatever it is going on. Many thanks

When will the ORP cluster be looked at, we where told over 6 months issues we had would be looked at the issues are the following.

Rafts not decaying there for maxing structure build limit and giving hellish lag.

No options for alliances.

Not being able to pin code vaults and any sort of box's

abuse of ORP tribes, tribes building inside of tribes.

abuse of ORP mechanics, placing c4 of dinos and waiting for set tribes to log on

2 hours ago, MaiynLaeth said:

At what point is cross play/ cross buy between pc and xbox one happening and how will it work? 

Once the xbox version goes gold, it will be packaged in a UWP (universal windows package) which means initially it won't be Xbox and steam version crossplay, think of it as being able to play the Xbox version on windows 10 PC's,

This is information condensed from previous responses from the Dev team months ago

@Jat I noticed in the recent digest you never mentioned anything about the xboxone dedicated issue, How far are you away from a fix for this and when will it be moved up the priority list?

I do not care about PC to Console host as I am not getting one right away and instead am waiting a month or two before i decide whether to or not and as such need the xbox dedi issue resolved.

Hello :-),

-  A long time a ago, the drums there released with an outlook of more instruments - will we every get others ?

-  A long time ago, some ambient creatures like little lizards etc. where planed - will we ever see ambient creatures ?

-  In the stream around december,  "better" waves and ocean bioms where planed - will we get them ? And, will the coral reefs ever have a game play mechanic ?

-  Is the TLC Pass for the Phiomia etc. canseld ?

-  Will the get a map, there we have to face the alien race instead of ark creatures ?

-  Will smaller creatures like Ichtycornis or Mesopethicus ever land/climp on rocks and trees ?

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish locked this topic

Archived