ARK Digest Question Collection!

Jatheish

I have a few questions:

1. Will the Titanoboa and Megapiranha be tameable before or when the game releases?
  2. Will anymore creatures receive the Sabertooth treatment?(Remodel and changes) Most of the vanilla creatures could use it.
  3. Will creatures/items be added in post-release as standalones?(Not as part of a DLC)
  4. Will the kibble tree be reworked at any point in time?

Also for my biggest and the most important question:

1. Will you guys PLEASE completely redo the Liopleurodon? I think the majority of fans were completely disappointed with it. I would love to see it revert back to your original vision for it.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I have a few questions:

1) Will there be any visits to the building systems in ARK (also any ideas as to when s+ will be added to the game so console can access it?)

Speaking of console...

2) Will console be getting game settings customization similar to PC? (Bloomquality, lightshafts, ground clutter, render distance, skyquality) you guys have really made a beautiful game and I'd love to have sky quality put into console! It really makes ark a whole new world 

3) Will console see a return of tether distance?

4) Any ideas as to when the cluster servers will be functional on console?

5) Will console be able to place items straight from orbit camera similar to PC?

7) Will console see a system where you can download paint prefabs for Dino's, canvases, etc. like PC?

Now that that's settled... 

8) Are you guys going to be continuing to add more mechanics and items to ark post release, as there is still a pretty large list of items and features yet to be added (dynamic length bridges, poisoning food with narcotics, a seas system added to the ocean so it will have weather such as waves) 

9) What's going on with primal survival? Has it been passed off to another company to be sold seperate?

10) Will SOTF be returning?

I know there's a lot of questions here and I gladly appreciate your time reading this and hopefully some will be answered. Love the digest's and you guys are making a great game!!

Have you at the very least CONSIDERED a cool down for mindwipes? If not please please do! As it is it ruins generocity (cant "waste" engram points to learn prim saddles for newbies if I can never get them back as I am at lvl 100 (haven't applied the last lvl because of this) had to force a newbie to use almost 4x the metal that I could have otherwise!) and it's just so final, even a 2 week cool down so that people DO have to pay for their use of it would be appreciated, just not FOREVER,  please please plase! Here is a thread about it (small one) if you need more convincing 

Also I want to say thank you for being patient with the players, I know it is impossible to make EVERYONE happy.

It would be great to get better building capabilities on console, clipping into the terrain is great but still not as doable as structures + 

And adding decorative features would be great too, but at the moment just fixing the bugs and ironing out the kinks would be more appreciated. Not these huge updates that continue to do more harm than good, but smaller updates focused on just a few specific fixes at a time might work better

Okay so I know that for pre-ordering ARK: Survival Evolved on Xbox gives you 6 Tek Skins for use on six different dinos, including the Trike and Stegosaurus. Will those six skins be available for people that already own the game on Console? What about PC users who already own the game as well? Will they be purchasable through steam as "DLC" or will they be tied to achievements like the other skins? Thank you for the outstanding game!

1 hour ago, Jat said:

It's been a while since we've made one of these threads. Please put in your questions here for the next edition of the ARK Digest. :)

The last thread is quite old now and some of the questions may not be relevant, as we won't be answering these for at least a week, it allows time for others to post new questions.

1) What about underwater fog its are not still fixed is it will be fixed or not?

2) What about very rare spawn basilosaurus and spinosaurus is it will be fixed on pve?

1hreymk.jpg

Awhile back you guys said that was going to be impossible to expand the island map without basically wiping it and starting from scratch, but are there any plans to one day put out some kind of....island 2.0 type map in a ragnarok/center type free map add on? Finally expand it a bit and give the oceans in particular some of the love they deserve

Are there any more Tek weapons coming before full release? i know the dev kit got swords and shields recently, but having a tek level torpor weapon like the club or prod would be cool, or  something a little lower tech with a high TEK (ha) spin on it like a laser crossbow or something fun, and then some kind of shoulder mounted plasma launcher for siege battles would be amazing in my opinion

Is there any more word on more plants being released? I remember when plant species X came out it was talked about having a whole range of defensive plants, not just primitive turrets, that could help with passive base defense, but since then all we've gotten are plant species Y with scorched earth. It would be really cool to have more to base defense than standard auto turrets and plant turrets (maybe the occasional bear trap or IED) en masse. Creeping vines that provide more durability to walls, thick bushes that slow and hurt things that go through them, etc.

I've seen someone suggest that the building in Ark needs more improvements and I agree. I am a console player and Arks building requires you to adjust to the Environment. Are You guys going to make better improvements for building? 

Also so a very import one. Dupers/Ddosers please Tell me Y'all got a solution for those. I'm really annoyed of having my server Roll back lag ect because players don't want to work for stuff. 

Are there plans to touch up the starting biomes (jungles and mountains such on the island) at any point? They've been basically the same since day 1, and considering a lot of the map is covered by them, seeing maybe a couple more tree and plant and rock types would be nice since at the moment they feel fairly bland compared to the redwoods and swamp and snow.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish locked this topic

Archived