ARK Digest Question Collection!

Jatheish

• Administrator

It's been a while since we've made one of these threads. Please put in your questions here for the next edition of the ARK Digest. :)

The last thread is quite old now and some of the questions may not be relevant, as we won't be answering these for at least a week, it allows time for others to post new questions.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion, building is one of the important pillars of Ark and the building system is long overdue for some love. Do you have any plans to improve the building system in the near future? (like with improved snapping, triangle pieces like in s+, decorations etc).

I mean as much as I love s+, it still suffers from flaws in the vanilla building system. Also people on consoles and officials don't even have the option to use mods so they would benefit from improvements as well.

1.) Will the two upcoming Expansion Packs included in the Season Pass round out and complete Ark's story entirely, or is there a possibility for additional Expansions beyond those?

2.) Has the TLC pass for Legacy dinos been scrapped or pushed back to post launch updates?

3.) On that subject, will post-launch updates be in much the same format as pre-launch? Or will we have larger themed updates like "Farming and Flora Update"?

4.) Will the Ice Wyvern ever get a distinct model, texture, and breath weapon instead of a re-skin?

5.) Will Griffins ever come to a Canon map? As it is... They can't really be considered a Canon creature because they don't appear on any Official Internally Developed ARKs.

6.) Will we be getting a more robust TEK Arsenal? The current TEK Rifle is the successor to the Assault Rifle, but what about a TEK Heavy Weapon like the rocket launcher (plasma cannon or railgun maybe?), or a sidearm, sniper rifle, or close-quarters weapon? (i.e Shotgun, not Tek Sword)

7.) Will future Tek Saddles ever have capabilities besides just plasma cannons? And will any herbivores be getting Tek Equipment also?

8.) Now that the game's full launch is approaching, will you be taking a look at any of the content that you originally wanted to implement, but was cut for various reasons? (Such as oil lanterns, primitive saddle mounted cannons, bean-bag ammo for shotguns, grapeshot for primitive cannon, etc...)

...I'll stop now.

How's the kibble tree rework coming along?

Ark's kibble tree can be like the skill trees found in other games and be used to help define character/tribe builds. Maybe kibble should have engrams tied to them or have engrams that enhance stats for certain tames players prefer, idk. You could really help out more casual players or solo players by having a branch of the kibble tree that caters to them. The current tame everything and try to cram it into a metal box and cover it with turrets is awful and causes cancer and lag.

Will the lagging and rebounding on official server get fixed again any time soon?  Get real tired of rubberbanding all the time or standing and waiting to do something for a long time.

Also will the Battleye timeout for Bad service version ever be fixed?  It locks up my computer pc memory and I have to restart even after being kicked out of the game in order to do anything on my computer.  If I just travel to another server and don't stay there longer than like 10 minutes I get the bad service version of battleye and have to restart.  This happens  daily as I go to feed my animals on other servers.  I don't normally take that long to feed and go back to the island server.  Big pain in the neck!

Why do you keep setting a date you can't keep to? Lots of people in my tribe are starting to low interest as many have that are in our current server looking forward to transferring from legacy to offical. At the rate you're going I can honestly say I will stop playing as will the other people of my tribe if rag doesn't come out by this date aug 29. Get yourself into gear set a correct date and get it done or you won't have anyone to have play your game

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • Jatheish locked this topic

Archived