What happens if ark misses their release date Aug. 8th

FredFlinstoner

I was browsing state of game and Jat posted that he is aware retailers are changing the release date cause ps4 certification problems and he can't say anything officially about release date which makes me think they are unsure. Wouldn't there be huge fines and ultimately take resources/funds away from improving performance and the new servers.

18 minutes ago, Jat said:

I posted this in another thread, but I'll share it here too, this is all we're able to say on the matter for now:

There have been a few posts regarding the release date and why some retailer sites are displaying a different date to what we initially announced. This is because We're currently working on getting the game through PlayStation 4 Certification at the moment (as all platforms will need to release simultaneously). As soon as we've got a definitive update to the release date, we'll let you know officially.

I hope you guys get good news I'm sure everybody in production is bald from pulling their hair out. Watch out for the guy that doesn't talk to anyone lol. You guys seem to be getting the run around from ps4 that's for sure. 

Honestly, August 8th is too soon. The Ragnarok map is only halfway completed. From what I hear in these forums, Ragnarok is unplayable most of the time due to the servers constantly crashing. While I'd like for everything to be perfect by the 8th, we all know it won't be. They'll release on the 8th, but we'll have the same issues we have now. They'll just continue to update after release. I'd prefer them to push it back again and get it right instead of these rushed patches. I'd rather them release a game with better server stability, duping/ddos resolved (or at least a tighter grip on it by then), increased optimization, and more bug fixes first. But hey, whatever tickles your pickle folks.  

So you're telling me we have to wait for PlayStation for a release ? Why ? Why should PC and Xbox wait for certification of a separate console ? No one trust this company even a tiny bit anymore. Stop giving everyone false hope and making etas and now actual release dates if you can't meet your promises. People have lives and a lot of them took off of work and scheduled vacations around this because they love the game so much. Unbelievable. You guys have taken all the fun out of this game. I seriously think that if you went back a whole year and just released the game as it was you would have a game that runs better , smoother and has less bugs than this game does now. You used to listen to the community but I feel like at one point you stopped. I think snail games and the investors got tired of waiting and started pushing too hard to finish something that was only halfway done. I don't know what happened to ark but it just isn't what it used to be. Jat , out of all the people  , I feel bad for you. Because I know you love this game. I know it's a job too though and there's nothing you can do when deadlines are slapped down on your desk and demands have to be met. Thank you for listening to us at least even when they don't. And Jeremy , you've got a great idea here with this game , don't lose the original concept 

1 hour ago, FredFlinstoner said:

I hope you guys get good news I'm sure everybody in production is bald from pulling their hair out. Watch out for the guy that doesn't talk to anyone lol. You guys seem to be getting the run around from ps4 that's for sure. 

Sony doesn't like anything that's not theirs or doesn't make them a bajillion bucks on micro transactions, hence why Microsoft- the little guys- get my business.... wait... 

Damn, I stopped playing when they announced there'd be new servers, since I didn't feel like grinding on Legacy just to move to the new ones. Now I guess I'll have to wait even longer. Hopefully its not delayed too long I even know some people who took the week off from work to get started right when the new servers are up!

15 minutes ago, Dminus said:

Damn, I stopped playing when they announced there'd be new servers, since I didn't feel like grinding on Legacy just to move to the new ones. Now I guess I'll have to wait even longer. Hopefully its not delayed too long I even know some people who took the week off from work to get started right when the new servers are up!

Yeah I'm in the same boat, waiting to start on new servers but if it's launched at the end of August I won't be playing much with college starting the week after. Was hoping to have the month of August to get stuff setup.

For those that took time off for launch I admire the dedication to a hobby that I also LOVE and I can imagine the frustration. However, game releases get delayed, this is a small and new studio with a history of missing their ETAs and deadlines. No offense meant to anyone here, but some part of you must have known a delay was a possibility when you put in for that time off.

Otherwise thanks Sony... it's really unfortunate that the entire release could be delayed over one console, but the requirement of releasing on all platforms at once could easily be a contractual obligation to somebody (Sony, a major retailer, investors, etc.).

3 minutes ago, Arkasaurio said:

For those that took time off for launch I admire the dedication to a hobby that I also LOVE and I can imagine the frustration. However, game releases get delayed, this is a small and new studio with a history of missing their ETAs and deadlines. No offense meant to anyone here, but some part of you must have known a delay was a possibility when you put in for that time off.

Otherwise thanks Sony... it's really unfortunate that the entire release could be delayed over one console, but the requirement of releasing on all platforms at once could easily be a contractual obligation to somebody (Sony, a major retailer, investors, etc.).

Can't really blame Sony for wanting a game to have a certain standard before it's released. 

Archived