Widget/Plugin To be able to convert date time objects

Since ARK is an international game, I often find myself trading with people from different regions. Different regions have different timezones. Sometimes even different days (looking at you Australia). To help assist in this, it would be great if you added/developed a plugin for CKEditor to auto convert dates and times to display them in the local time for anyone that sees them. 

I cannot find a good example of something that already exists for CKEditor that does it already, but I would imagine it being a datetime picker that lets you pick a date and time and it would detect your timezone using Javascript and then insert a snippet of HTML formatted so a Javascript method can pick it up and localize the datetime on page load for anyone that sees it.  

This would help trading quite a bit. Timezones are hard and I have noticed that people suck at figuring them out. If we were able to post links off to other sites, like timeanddatetime.com (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20170728T210000&p1=417&p2=49), it would not be as much of an issue, but since we can not, I feel like some site solution is needed to assist players trading across timezones. 

• Chris locked this topic

Archived