overhaul breeding system

Avaraxius

The release of the game almost here but till now nothing about breeding changes, i have read enough posts about recent patch changes on boss fights. And as a casual mostly solo player (offical PVE server) i got my rexes ready but since the posts i am not even going to try it right now.

There is nothing about changes to be made to breeding since the bosses got more difficult and players more often loose their breeds. Is there any plans for changes since taming and xp and harvest got their x2 boost and since breeding is also a part of the game almost everyone wants to be able to use.

I know it is for some people a emotional thing to talk about breeding offcourse effort is needed to be able to raise that one perfect dino (but think this is a bit changes since trade forum). The imprinting should stay like it was it probably will scale but should be a reward for the effort.

So anyone of the WC crew that could give a comment on this if it is planned maybe in a later stage of the game after performance and balancing the game, and when?

Breeding needs to be harder for a lot of the dinos, to prevent mass spam of super stated tanks like turles and brontos were talking about having 500 turtles sitting in your bases all with 40-50k health and it was all way too easy to get(raising like 20+ turtles at a time). Bosses just need to be fixed as does most of the game still.

Tbh, I think that the time it takes to breed an certain dino atm is perfectly fine. However, I do think that some mechanics should be changed, such as hibernation of some sort, where the players are able to decrease the consumption of food for juvenile dinos in exchange for stopping the growth rate. Now this is just a random thought, which quite frankly I might be the dumbest thing ever.

Even long breeds like a giga, would be managable, sure It would take much longer, but at the same time it allows the players to actually enjoy other things within the game instead of constantly watching over the babies. 

The x2 on taming did not get overused for so far i noticed (maybe at start) and with the current tame limit a overkill in breeding wont happen because it is also now with taming.

The increased breeding speed wil encourage more people to do bosses aswel atm is not really worth the while (atleast what i think)  time-reward-effort based since the high risk loosing your well breeded dinos.

if they would increase breeding time what would be the consumption rate x3 slower, would we be doing 2 weeks for a rex then, dont think this is a good option (probably not but yust an example).  But ofc lowering food consumption at breeding is welcome i think it is still to much since the removal/fix of statis.

As a PVE breeder I don't think it should be (that much) easier. Right now it is fairly easy already to raise 40-50 rexes at the same time if you prepare accordingly or have tek troughs(can do it without, just need to fill more fridges first). Preparation is key when breeding large quantity of dino's at the same time.

I do think the imprinting system should be changed as it is not possible to get a decent imprinting % when you have a full time job. Changing it to every 6-8 hours would work better as you can still get 60-70% imprint % if you time them correctly.

16 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

As a PVE breeder I don't think it should be (that much) easier. Right now it is fairly easy already to raise 40-50 rexes at the same time if you prepare accordingly or have tek troughs(can do it without, just need to fill more fridges first). Preparation is key when breeding large quantity of dino's at the same time.

I do think the imprinting system should be changed as it is not possible to get a decent imprinting % when you have a full time job. Changing it to every 6-8 hours would work better as you can still get 60-70% imprint % if you time them correctly.

not everyone is as profesional as you are :) i could never manage todo 40-50 rexes at the same time, for that i think ill have to work fulltime from home until they are raised. curious though how manny feeding troughs are you (or was) using for that amount of rexes.

Just now, Avaraxius said:

not everyone is as profesional as you are :) i could never manage todo 40-50 rexes at the same time, for that i think ill have to work fulltime from home until they are raised. curious though how manny feeding troughs are you (or was) using for that amount of rexes.

I was using 25 fridges and 12 troughs. I did the following(before I got tek troughs):

1. Stack 18 fridges with raw meat and 7 with cooked meat

2. Hatch babies, feed them raw meat, after 3 hours or so they can hold enough until they are juvi

3. Once they reach juvi fill troughs with raw meat and their inventory with cooked meat

4. Do large meatruns in the evening if you work during the day(meaning you'll fill all troughs with raw meat and all the fridges). This should take 1 to 2 hours depending on your meat gathering dino

4.5 restack the cooked meat in their inventory

5. When you wake up the next morning fill troughs from fridges if you don't have the time to farm meat

6. repeat 4-5 until they are grown

Just now, perk8504 said:

you must not play PVE

every x2 event has been hell for hitting the dino cap for the server...I'm sitting there with 30 tames for our tribe, but can't breed anything because people have already hatched so many to take advantage of the event

i am in pve, and we do not have a cap issue here.

I heard bosses now scale with the server difficulty, so this should make things a bit easier on unofficial servers. Also there is now the Tek Clonning Chamber. Its tough to get that one as you need to face the boss at some point, but after you get the cloning stuff, you can just clone your powerful dinos (uses element) and then you have a nice supply of dinos to do boss runs without risking your "breeds".  It is important to note that Cloning does take days depending on the animal.

As for the breeding system itself, yeah it could use some adjustments. Personally I am not a fan of extensive baby sitting, some creatures take too long to become independent, but lets be frank, if a Giga grew faster in size it would feel unrealistic, or at least out of place. So a  while back, Wildcard mentioned an Incubator. I have no clue what it is meant to do, but I hope it does the job for setting the right temperature per egg AND a feeding through for babies only (between the 2 I would prefer the later).

Messing with colors, overpowering dinos is the main reason I enjoy breeding. So if I am not getting a return over time invested than I rather just not breed as frequently. I can see how that may be a problem with new players vs established ones. Though one to resolve, no easy answer.

Cheers!

Do not agree on that one of the reason why servers are getting caped are because of the limit of tribes. people jump servers to use them as faults for their dinos. but thats a different discussion then this topic. Still curious how ppl can breed then if the server caps is reached because claiming is impossible then (know how but then its a good timing thing).

Archived