Griffins are SUSPICIOUSLY really fun

LilNastyGurl

That makes me really nervous they're going to get nerfed.

I don't know, it took me awhile to get a Griffin, and now that I have a nice pool of Level 200+ Griffs, I've had a ton of fun on them, just dive-bombing everything and flying fast.

When do you guys think Griffins are going to get their wings clipped? After release? Next patch? two patches from now? Never?

3 minutes ago, LilNastyGurl said:

That makes me really nervous they're going to get nerfed.

I don't know, it took me awhile to get a Griffin, and now that I have a nice pool of Level 200+ Griffs, I've had a ton of fun on them, just dive-bombing everything and flying fast.

When do you guys think Griffins are going to get their wings clipped? After release? Next patch? two patches from now? Never?

Please don't jinx it lol. If a nerf is to come I hope its after the Ragnarok release on console so I can at least try out this fun flying death machine before a nerf bat hits it. 

1 hour ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Cant nerf them on console if we never get them

This right here. I'm afraid that they have really bad news and they aren't telling us console players yet. According to the update from Jat on state of the Ark, Ragnarok comes on full release and they are supposed to be fixing service stability. I haven't seen any tweets about server stability yet. 

2 hours ago, ilShadow said:

It's bound to happen, its the only i flyer i use now, unless i need to bring a dino somewhere then its quetz. But between all the pople complaining that they are OP (which they arent) and how much fun they are, they are going to get slammed hard. 

If it's the only flier you use, that might mean it's OP :D, or does that mean every other flier is under powered?

Just now, Arkasaurio said:

If it's the only flier you use, that might mean it's OP :D, or does that mean every other flier is under powered?

Ptera is boring, Argy is painfully slow, quetz is even slower, but has the added benefit of carrying heavy things and most dino's. Wyvern has garbage stamina. Tapa are my close second to a griffin, but they are rare in good levels for me, never seem to find high level ones. Plus you can shoot from the backs of griffins making them very useful for taming, which i do a lot of.

Also the griffins divebomb causes fps issues for me so thats a pretty big downside. But they look cool, sound cool, and have really cool animations. Even without all that, they are new, therefore more used.

3 hours ago, ilShadow said:

Ptera is boring, Argy is painfully slow, quetz is even slower, but has the added benefit of carrying heavy things and most dino's. Wyvern has garbage stamina. Tapa are my close second to a griffin, but they are rare in good levels for me, never seem to find high level ones. Plus you can shoot from the backs of griffins making them very useful for taming, which i do a lot of.

Also the griffins divebomb causes fps issues for me so thats a pretty big downside. But they look cool, sound cool, and have really cool animations. Even without all that, they are new, therefore more used.

Going to Rag tonight to try to tame one I guess, haha. So obviously I don't have direct experience here. Something that's fast, reasonable strong, you can shoot from (that's huge) seems like a recipe to replace most other fliers, which does probably mean they'll get nerfed. The utility is balanced a fair amount by the fact they can't be bred though.

Agreed that griffins are tons of fun.  They are also saddle-less and hit like a wet noodle - they can kill things but it usually isn't worth the time.  Yes, you can get some big numbers from dive-slashing but other fliers (wyverns especially) would've killed the thing so much faster.  Since they are genderless they can't get any mate boosts either.  I don't really see a problem with them - they have enough weaknesses that they aren't the only thing I use.  They do seem to have suspiciously high hp for such a small creature though.  

I love my Griffin and hope they aren't neutered, I did enjoy the player damage when you dived bomb, had to watch that I didn't kill myself.

All in all the Griffin is a fun addition to Ark flying mounts. I thing the concept was worked out before the flyer nurf and its a matter of time before my lovely 150 tamed griffin joins the list and falls some where between the Argent and Pteranodon. I did agree with a flyer nurf for pvp, saw no need for it on pve. maybe the bat hit a little to hard and I hope a tweak is on the list of game balances to our beloved flyer mounts.  I have gotten used to my slow as a snail Quetzal and to the constant stopping on the  Pteranodon. The Argent is still my go to mount as before the nurf it was my poor mans Quetzal and still is my go to truck of the Ark. Just my two cents.

What WC should do is put the other flyers up to speed with the Griffin...and by that I mean allow at least the Ptera, Argie, and Pelagornis (maybe Tapejara) to be able to dive and pull up to pick up speed (don't' give them the ability to do damage when they hit the ground. Make them TAKE damage instead). If they take away the Griffin's ability to dive and pull up for speed, I'll be livid...

Make flyer's actually fun again...don't clip the only fun flyer left in the game.

Archived