Can Someone Clear This Up(Question About Breeding)

Shave

Honestly I think one of my biggest problems with the game is how many conflicting reports I hear about the game and it's mechanics. My question is can the stats of dinos go up each generation? Read below if you want some background as to why I'm asking.

Anyway, I went to SE the other day(I play Singleplayer only) and got myself 3 Vultures because I wanted to start breeding them. I got a 145 Female with Average Stats across the board, then another 145 Female with Very High Melee according to Dododex's calculator. It's melee was around 325% when it stood up. About an hour later I got a 135 Male with very very similar melee, only 0.3% between them. So I took them home and got to breeding. I'm breeding the two with high melee. I wrote everything down I could think of, such as the stats they stood up with and how much % they got per level(E.g +5.6% Melee per level up) and the Female and Male had 325.6% Melee and 325.9% Melee respectively. The baby between them popped with the best of both parents all across the board. It had over 1k health and 331.6% Melee damage so naturally I was chuffed.

My SP settings are set to the same as Official servers apart from Mating, Hatching and Raising, which are all set to 5x. Still takes work, but isn't overly difficult. So the Vulture raised very fast but one thing I didn't take into account was the care it needed. After 3 hours 45 minutes it needed care, but only got 80% imprint and by this time it was around 74.5% matured so there wasn't enough time to get it to 100%(I'll sort this in the future it's simple enough) but even with that 80% imprint, the Baby Vultures Melee jumped up to 383.3% which I was over the moon with. But I didn't wan to stop there. Since it was a Female I instantly bred it with it's own Father(Incest mmmhmmm) and popped the egg that came, The result was low level twins with the lower stats of the Father but the Melee of the 2nd Generation Vulture I'd just raised but it's melee was the same as it's Mother when she popped. The 2nd Gen popped with 331.6 Melee and so did it's own baby. 

Now I've seen many reports that the baby would have the stats that the Parent has AFTER imprint but this isn't the case. I've bred the same parents twice now and both times the baby has had 331.6% melee rather than 383.3% like it's Mother after Imprint. Yet I hear about people breeding Rex's like crazy and getting super high stats. Can the stats go up each generation or not?

Harrist14 is correct.

I agree that is is confusing. I tend to think about stats as points or levels instead or the actual numbers.

Each dino has wild levels (post tame, non player added) and domesticated levels (player added). 

So, immediately after you tame a dino, plug its stats into a stat calculator and find out how many points are in that stat. These are the ONLY stats that are going to potentially transfer to its child.

25 minutes ago, Shave said:

Thank you finally someone has spoken some sense.

So what do you suggest, just the Daughter and Father like crazy till I get a Mutation?

There are two real routes to take, it depends on preference. You can just breed the same ones over and over again (for clarification, inbreeding doesn't increase chances of mutations) for mutations, or you can tame as many high levels as you can find and seek out better stats that way to breed into your line. Both have benefits 

1 hour ago, Rintrahhh said:

Since the imprint timer is still basically broken because it doesn't sync properly to get the 100% you can do the admin command

Admincheat Setimprintquality 1

This will give the 100% they deserve.

I think they may have fixed this with v264. On my single player I noticed that the imprint timer is running between 20-40min and giving my pteranadons 8% at a crack, whereas before it was going between 2:45-4hours and giving 54%. I'm running maturation of 5x and cuddlemultiplier of 0.15. Also, I'm not running the single player settings, just adjusting the individual values to my liking. Maybe they fixed it as part of the consol updates they had in the last patch?? 

4 hours ago, Shave said:

About an hour later I got a 135 Male with very very similar melee, only 0.3% between them. So I took them home and got to breeding. I'm breeding the two with high melee. I wrote everything down I could think of, such as the stats they stood up with and how much % they got per level(E.g +5.6% Melee per level up) and the Female and Male had 325.6% Melee and 325.9% Melee respectively. The baby between them popped with the best of both parents all across the board. It had over 1k health and 331.6% Melee damage so naturally I was chuffed.

Hey one quick thing to note... when you tame things, you don't usually get a 100% taming effectiveness, it's usually 75-99% depending on what you used to tame... when you breed a tamed Dino, it's Meele might be say 325.6% when you tame it based off its taming effectiveness, however it's offspring will have a Meele stat as if it was tamed with 100% taming effectiveness.

edit: so if you had 100% taming effectiveness on yours, it would have shown that 331.6%meele, which is why it's offspring had that stat... Also you said there was only 0.3% difference between the originals, they probably had the same breedable stat, except slightly different taming effectivenesses.

Archived