Do u guys farm metal on ragnarok?

9 hours ago, 002 said:

Old server is limited to build anymore platform buildings, so I went to ragnarok try to farm metal but found out there is so little metal nodes on ragnarok map.

Anyone has the same situation here?

There is a TON of metal on Rag, you just need to look harder for it. The canyon is the best bet for a long sweep from one side to the other. But Ragnarok did something clever with metal. It is UNDER stone, and in lots of caves.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Resource_Map_(Ragnarok)

The way ragnarok did it's metal is HORRIBLE. You have to fly for hours going around the map using a quetz and anky. Ragnarok is really the worse map for metal. Even scorched earth is better.... 

The metal placement is also horrible like in viking bay with that metal on the side of the cliff.... Like what? Why? 

The metal is too spread out to be efficient enough to farm. 

Metal is scattered about and fairly well hidden among the rocks. You just have to know where to look for it.

There is a lot of it along the Stony Islands. It is just that much of it is hard to get at. Also Obsidian scattered about on the shore. Use a raft for farming. Then sail back to your shoreline base. Just watch out for the Leeds.

T0BQKWS.jpg

Theres metal everywhere dude, you just have to know where to look for it. Theres nodes built into the mountains all around the blue obby side, get  yourself a nice imprinted quetzal and fly from rock to rock and get it while in flight. Also under the water near the volcano, tame yourself a nice mosasaur, theres tons of big obsidian looking rocks under the water that give you a lot of both metal and obsidian on the same rock. We've played on the Center, yeah, they have some more concentrated areas of nodes, but I can't complain about metal availability on RAG.

On 30/07/2017 at 2:05 PM, rpicardi1 said:

Metal is scattered about and fairly well hidden among the rocks. You just have to know where to look for it.

There is a lot of it along the Stony Islands. It is just that much of it is hard to get at. Also Obsidian scattered about on the shore. Use a raft for farming. Then sail back to your shoreline base. Just watch out for the Leeds.

T0BQKWS.jpg

Yeah good recommendation. I found this spot also recently with my raft, easily accessible but i do recommend to take a flier with you because lots of nodes cant be reached from your raft.

It's literally everywhere, just not concentrated in single spawn locations (eg the old Volcano on The Island).

For example - around the red Obelisk, up into the Redwood you can /easily/ fill a Quetz in 10 minutes or so - but you do have to move around a little bit.

We use mantis' with pickaxes and vacuum the entire area super quickly.

Another option to help gather the metal that's embedded in the cliffs is to tame a komodo and level its weight, since they can climb walls and you can use your pickaxe without getting off of it. The komodos are hard to tame due to fast torpor decrease, but you could find a low level one on the beach where they spawn and carry it to a taming pen with an argent or a griffin.

On 7/28/2017 at 0:05 AM, Jognt said:

From what I've gathered about Ragnarok, Shadow and Goaty are right. There's a lot of metal on Ragnarok, it's just not bunched together for easy farming <_<

Lot of metals spread on a huge map -> more or less useless for farming (hello flyer nerf!)

I think from resource farming prospective The Center is the BEST map. 

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:51 AM, lammaer555 said:

I think from resource farming prospective The Center is the BEST map. 

Well center has a resource farming bonus too, doesn't it? (Its what I've always been told as to why people farm there).

Personally, I don't have any issue farming on Rag; of course I'm usually solo.

On 7/28/2017 at 7:52 AM, Goaty said:

The way ragnarok did it's metal is HORRIBLE. You have to fly for hours going around the map using a quetz and anky. Ragnarok is really the worse map for metal. Even scorched earth is better.... 

The metal placement is also horrible like in viking bay with that metal on the side of the cliff.... Like what? Why? 

The metal is too spread out to be efficient enough to farm. 

I totally agree. It's yet another major hurdle that noobs will find almost impossible to overcome without joining up to a big tribe. After all, and Quetz platform saddle is something like level 97, and you really need that to get any decent amount of metal at a time.

20 hours ago, LPTF said:

I totally agree. It's yet another major hurdle that noobs will find almost impossible to overcome without joining up to a big tribe. After all, and Quetz platform saddle is something like level 97, and you really need that to get any decent amount of metal at a time.

How much metal are you guys farming for a solo player??

I scouted my general base area and have found a few bunched up alleys/areas and use a wyvern with 2200 weight. 1 run takes maybe 10 minutes and the wyvern is full. I usually do this 2-3 times a day if I need metal.

The area I farm though is on the ground and accessible by foot so a flyer isn't needed. Has about 10-15 rich nodes so could just take a high weight ground dino. Don't have coords on me but can post later.

There are tons of metal nodes.

The Metal cave at about 35,22 (canyon 2 spawn point) nets you roughly 10k metal and 5k obsidian. There is also a waterfall between this cave and the blue obliesk (first waterfall along the beach you come too heading to the blue obliesk from the metal cave) that has about 5 rich nodes that net you about 4k metal (with an anklyo).

Then there is a metal cave off of viking bay (its an underwater cave, and you need to grapple to get most of it) at about 15,2, and you can build there - this video shows you where its at - he goes to the cave at about 9 minutes in: https://youtu.be/5FV0QfrkR1Q?t=559 

Then if you tame a Dunkleosteus you can farm the underwater obsidian nodes between 17,66 out to the end of the underwater trench (just follow the hex canyon). One run will usually net you about 30k metal and 40k obsidian. Make sure your dunk has plenty of weight - as the obsidian nodes usually net 300-500 of each resource per bite which is 600-1000 weight per bite. You can easily get encumbered if you don't have much weight leveled on him. 

I personally exclusively use the hex underwater canyon to farm metal now since getting a dunk - and usually do 2 runs a day and that has me stocked full of metal and obsidian (there is another reason to venture out there, but I will let you explore and find it on your own). More then I could ever use solo. Luckily we have about 5 people in our tribe that use it as well (they seem to have cleaned me out of metal building a wyvern comb trap but below is a picture of this weeks obsidian haul leftovers - keep in mind we use a ton of polymer so add about 30 stacks of obsidian and that's about how much metal we have gotten over the past week just using the dunk).

Edit: I also forgot to mention the canyon plateau tops in the canyon at 35, 45. You can haul about 20k from these nodes (most of them are rich) - only part about this is they are spread pretty far apart and need a flyer with a ton of weight to effectively farm this canyon if your base is far. Picture attached.

obsidian-metal.jpg

20170821123109_1.jpg

13 hours ago, yzerman said:

There are tons of metal nodes.

The Metal cave at about 35,22 (canyon 2 spawn point) nets you roughly 10k metal and 5k obsidian. There is also a waterfall between this cave and the blue obliesk (first waterfall along the beach you come too heading to the blue obliesk from the metal cave) that has about 5 rich nodes that net you about 4k metal (with an anklyo).

Then there is a metal cave off of viking bay (its an underwater cave, and you need to grapple to get most of it) at about 15,2, and you can build there - this video shows you where its at - he goes to the cave at about 9 minutes in: https://youtu.be/5FV0QfrkR1Q?t=559 

Then if you tame a Dunkleosteus you can farm the underwater obsidian nodes between 17,66 out to the end of the underwater trench (just follow the hex canyon). One run will usually net you about 30k metal and 40k obsidian. Make sure your dunk has plenty of weight - as the obsidian nodes usually net 300-500 of each resource per bite which is 600-1000 weight per bite. You can easily get encumbered if you don't have much weight leveled on him. 

I personally exclusively use the hex underwater canyon to farm metal now since getting a dunk - and usually do 2 runs a day and that has me stocked full of metal and obsidian (there is another reason to venture out there, but I will let you explore and find it on your own). More then I could ever use solo. Luckily we have about 5 people in our tribe that use it as well (they seem to have cleaned me out of metal building a wyvern comb trap but below is a picture of this weeks obsidian haul leftovers - keep in mind we use a ton of polymer so add about 30 stacks of obsidian and that's about how much metal we have gotten over the past week just using the dunk).

obsidian-metal.jpg

Yzer, that's an unofficial server though right? Official server obs only stacks to 100 per slot

That's a nice tip about dunkle though, cheers

Archived