Skill Bonus Capped?!?!?!?

Baruch

So, i'm looking at my crafted crossbows, and they have a cap now. My ascendante blueprint its 250% melee and ALL the crossbows i crafted are capped now at 285%, doesnt matter that ones have 20% and others 40% skill bonus. Same for the saddles I crafted, so, where is it stated that values for weapons, armor, etc... are capped?

Why would I bother to have a toon with full crafting skill bonus, if the skill bonus is not going to give the full % awarded? Meaning, that if i already used a mind wipe, I cant remove those now worthless points. I did not see in the patch notes some nerf to this system. Can some please help?

Is this a bug? Or just nerfing with no purpouse at all... Just making it clear, some of those crossbows where up to 300% melee

Capture.PNG

it's not bugged.

The max damage on any weapon has been capped at 285% for months.

Saddles are also capped at 117.5.

You can craft them, get weapons well over 285, but as soon as the server goes down everything will reset to 285 / 117.5. ( unless you upload to an obby before and download after, but you'll need to do this every single update to keep the items above the limit )

While it stops you crafting crazy OP weapons which was the whole point of the cap, your still getting a maxed 285 weapon for the cost of a 250 in this case, + the durability does not get capped down, so super high dura + max damage for the cost of a 250, cant really complain about that.

8 minutes ago, Karnivore said:

it's not bugged.

Saddles are also capped at 117.5.

You can craft them, get weapons well over 285, but as soon as the server goes down everything will reset to 285 / 117.5. ( unless you upload to an obby before and download after, but you'll need to do this every single update to keep the items above the limit )

While it stops you crafting crazy OP weapons which was the whole point of the cap, your still getting a maxed 285 weapon for the cost of a 250 in this case, + the durability does not get capped down, so super high dura + max damage for the cost of a 250, cant really complain about that.

Still makes the point of making master smith toons completely pointless.

Just now, Extraterrestrial said:

Well...no it doesnt.

As i said, super high dura + max damage for the cost of mid level bps.

+ its used for making custom food.

And if you want to keep your items just make them between major patchs and just upload when a new one is coming, i'm easily able to keep 400+ damage compound bows for weeks on end.

17 minutes ago, Karnivore said:

And if you want to keep your items just make them between major patchs and just upload when a new one is coming, i'm easily able to keep 400+ damage compound bows for weeks on end.

Yea, you do, for now. But, what you're doing sounds like an exploit.

If WC intended for you to have weapons that exceed 400% damage, then the crafted items wouldn't lose damage after an update.
So some day soon, they're going to fix this and prevent you from being able to do this, then what? 

Just now, Extraterrestrial said:

Yea, you do, for now. But, what you're doing sounds like an exploit.

If WC intended for you to have weapons that exceed 400% damage, then the crafted items wouldn't lose damage after an update.
So some day soon, they're going to fix this and prevent you from being able to do this, then what? 

Then i'll happily keep my 285% weapons with 5-600+ dura for the cost of a 250-285 with 3-400 dura? I dont need weapons that high, but its sure nice to have them.

6 hours ago, Karnivore said:

it's not bugged.

I found the cap to be 710.x% on Weapons some days after the crafting skill was released. Whatever I crafted still has the 710.x% damage, as before, even after several restarts... Are you sure there is such a cap "for months"?

I play private dedicated, not official, in case it matters.

Also, it's quite hilarious to get 6.3% bonus crafts with 2650% crafting skill when we messed around with that.

3 hours ago, Dragon said:

I found the cap to be 710.x% on Weapons some days after the crafting skill was released. Whatever I crafted still has the 710.x% damage, as before, even after several restarts... Are you sure there is such a cap "for months"?

Also, it's quite hilarious to get 6.3% bonus crafts with 2650% crafting skill when we messed around with that.

You're on private is probably relevant.

Clamps on Official have been around awhile. People keep BPs and Items uploaded to keep them from getting clamped.

In regards to that making crafting skill useless I would still disagree, if you can get a decent ramshackle print and max craft it you can have an ascendant quality item for the cost of ramshackle. And with armor it helps a lot, getting some 800+ dura flak is nice. Fine a good 200% apprentice fab sniper and turn it into a 240% damage fab sniper is certainly good for the cost.

9 hours ago, Dragon said:

You're on a private server, you clearly dont have the weapon limit cap, and you can obviously go well above level 115 if you can get 2650% crafting skill.

17 hours ago, Extraterrestrial said:

I think the point is you can craft a crossbow from a Mastercraft BP and with crafting skill get it to the capped 285% damage. Point being, it is going to cost you less mats than an Ascendant BP. 

Technically, if you skill is maxed, you could do the same with RM/JM quality BPs and obtaining ASC equivalent items. 

20 hours ago, DarkCloud said:

You're on private is probably relevant.

Thought as much. Still, I don't know where the relevant setting for that would be. Do Official-only switches exist?

14 hours ago, Karnivore said:

You're on a private server, you clearly dont have the weapon limit cap, and you can obviously go well above level 115 if you can get 2650% crafting skill.

Yes, we have custom XP and level settings there. But we are not running any mods that change the core game, blueprints or anything else, besides of running a customized loot crate item set in the Game.ini. The 2650% was a test when a stat-reset for every player was forced some weeks ago. We found it to make no sense going all way up to that value, as even with lower stats you can get better weapons. Built several stuff and got all from 6% up to 113% bonus. You can achieve that on way lower skill as well, so it's totally not worth it.

As for clearly not having the weapon damage cap... I don't know any entry in the ini that would set/unset the limit. I didn't even know there was one, until we got capped at 710.x% craftings, which is way above the 285% mentioned here, that's why I wondered about the lower limit in first place.

You may as well enlighten me which setting could be responsible for that.

I never played official and I have no intention to ever do. So I'm clueless when it comes to stuff that only happens or can only happen on official servers.

1 hour ago, XcookedX said:

My question would be how many points are you putting in the new crafting skill. I'm on PS4 official and have not gotten the new patch for this yet. So let's so on average how many points.

With the limitation on mind wipes, for your main character I wouldn't put any points into it. Someone with an alt or create your own alt and go 100% crafting and do any important crafting with that character. 

3 hours ago, XcookedX said:

My question would be how many points are you putting in the new crafting skill. I'm on PS4 official and have not gotten the new patch for this yet. So let's so on average how many points.

I think anything under 450-500% in crafting is useless. So if you don't have 40+ points to invest, don't bother.

Archived