pve Boss Fights/Requirements

Orion123

On 24/10/2017 at 8:26 PM, ZombieFabius said:

What other dinos are usefull in Bosses? i have heard the Kentro is great against Monkey Boss. thoughts on the megalosaurs or Allosaur?

Thanks all

Megalosaurs and allosaur are too fragile for alphas, and allo's bleeding does not work on bosses.

Megatherium seems to work for the Broodmother while the Theris seems to be slightly better than Rexes for Dragon.

Then there is always the alternative of using guns and a few turtles with a yuti. But you need to bring some turtles with good saddles, good health and loaded with some veggy cakes. Then you need to have weapons that has enough DPS to kill the bosses, that means, 10 people would be the best. (Bring several weapons as they will most likely break from all the shooting, and plenty of ammos stored in the last turtle that will be your last line of defense.) Though, very expensive, as Dinos, once bred, doesn't cost you any extra ressoures beside the saddles.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Christopherpb said:

depending on the boss this rex of 30k of life and 700-800 of meele does not give to kill

Want something that works on every alpha bosses (Broodmother, Megapithecus, Dragon, Manticore, Overseer, Rockwell and probably the next boss too). One 21k hp steggo per person + 1 turtle as main tanker with full hp and rare flowers pumped (longer than boss fight duration). All with 100+ saddle and a bunch of veggy cake (except turtle, they don't eat cake).

Players with 250-300% pump shotgun, 500 bullets, some enduro stew and a handful of medical brew. 

PS1: because of the slow speed of the stego, placement is key, especially in Overseer and Rockwell.

PS2: All was done with 5 steggos and 5 players with our test server on official stats. Applied for all except Rockwell in an actual official with Rex as replacement because we couldn't find decent start ones, though they almost never bite except when spawn clearing. 

PS3: Broodmother is a close shave, but the rest should have 5-10min extra. 

PS4: Shoot high, they are big, don't risk killing the tank. 

PS5: Steggo are quite good at clearing spawns if they have decent melee. 

3 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

Want something that works on every alpha bosses (Broodmother, Megapithecus, Dragon, Manticore, Overseer, Rockwell and probably the next boss too). One 21k hp steggo per person + 1 turtle as main tanker with full hp and rare flowers pumped (longer than boss fight duration). All with 100+ saddle and a bunch of veggy cake (except turtle, they don't eat cake).

Players with 250-300% pump shotgun, 500 bullets, some enduro stew and a handful of medical brew. 

PS1: because of the slow speed of the stego, placement is key, especially in Overseer and Rockwell.

PS2: All was done with 5 steggos and 5 players with our test server on official stats. Applied for all except Rockwell in an actual official with Rex as replacement because we couldn't find decent start ones, though they almost never bite except when spawn clearing. 

PS3: Broodmother is a close shave, but the rest should have 5-10min extra. 

PS4: Shoot high, they are big, don't risk killing the tank. 

PS5: Steggo are quite good at clearing spawns if they have decent melee. 

I wouldnt listen to this guy. Keeps spamming every post that is selling boss runs on PVE official including myself. If his strats work he wouldn't be buying runs.

2 hours ago, Toqs said:

I wouldnt listen to this guy. Keeps spamming every post that is selling boss runs on PVE official including myself. If his strats work he wouldn't be buying runs.

Thing is, I don't. I'm even leading alpha ascension. Which means we did the alphas to get the heads by ourselves too. 

We bought them to see for ourselves how it was done. Then do it better. And we never bought alpha ascension as no one was selling. And we never did ragnarok by ourselves because our server is the Island. 

• 3 weeks later...

My tribe is slowly grinding tek on the center( 6-8 boss fights a day), but all we have done is the easy boss fight because we know you get instant killed on rexs in medium and hard. Our rexs sit around 25-30k hp and 450-550 melee. Is the medium boss fight on the center doable or do we need to lvl our rexs some more?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived