pve Boss Fights/Requirements

Orion123

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/08/2017 at 10:40 PM, Zed38 said:

you cannot emulate official difficulty completely on private.

post all config you have which you claim can do this here.

Might have been a bit presumptuous saying its flat out the same, but if you untick the single player settings box, tick the max difficulty and host as a non dedicated server the bosses I've managed to kill have had the same stats, obviously I have not managed to do dragon yet, hence the testing, but with mega, brood and manticore it has been the same results on official and using those settings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Razzshall said:

Am I the only one who thinks that we need more dinos that could work for boss fights like rexes? I love them and all, but I find it bland that almost every boss strategy is either all rex, or mostly rex supplemented slightly with others

BM can be done with megatheriums because of the bug buff.  They are inherently more of a pain to breed because of the live birth however they are very easy babies.

Rexes are the best boss tame all around because of their high HP and melee.  They also aren't too difficult to raise in large batches.

Many people swear by bears as a decent boss fighter.  This makes sense because they can have high melee and hp.  They also are omnivores, which means they can consume both veggie cakes and cooked meat for heal buffs.

These are the best tames as far as I am aware for boss fights.  They only become better with the addition of a yuti and a daeodon.

Theris are another tame that could possibly be used in boss fights, but it is very controversial, especially after the nerf.  They can consume veggie cakes, which is always a plus, but they have fairly low hp and their dps is not quite as good as the aforementioned tames.

Allos are not a good option.  They may have the pack buff, but their base melee and hp is just not good enough for many bosses.

Wolves do not have a saddle and their stats just aren't good enough for the arena.

Sabers just are not a good option.

Do some testing yourself and see what you think is best.

On 10/4/2017 at 8:19 AM, Cripling said:

BM can be done with megatheriums because of the bug buff.  They are inherently more of a pain to breed because of the live birth however they are very easy babies.

Rexes are the best boss tame all around because of their high HP and melee.  They also aren't too difficult to raise in large batches.

Many people swear by bears as a decent boss fighter.  This makes sense because they can have high melee and hp.  They also are omnivores, which means they can consume both veggie cakes and cooked meat for heal buffs.

These are the best tames as far as I am aware for boss fights.  They only become better with the addition of a yuti and a daeodon.

Theris are another tame that could possibly be used in boss fights, but it is very controversial, especially after the nerf.  They can consume veggie cakes, which is always a plus, but they have fairly low hp and their dps is not quite as good as the aforementioned tames.

Allos are not a good option.  They may have the pack buff, but their base melee and hp is just not good enough for many bosses.

Wolves do not have a saddle and their stats just aren't good enough for the arena.

Sabers just are not a good option.

Do some testing yourself and see what you think is best.

Thanks for the input, especially about megatheriums, never even crossed my mind to try them lol

i really do agree with a lot of points you have the only question i have is about the dragon. With them saying there going to change the fight and you cant bring flyers into the fight is there any reason at all anyone would want to do dragon more then once id ont get it  yes it give desent element but if you cant get it stuck you lose everything and i was told they are talking about fixing it so you cant get bosses stuck                     also i want to talk about  one thing that really upsets me   lets talk about the fact that ape boss has giant spots where dinos can fall in  and instently die   thats bs how would  you do a boss fight like tha t i had my best rex with 45k health and 900 melee 100% imprinted  get pushed by the boss in a hole and instently die  thats crap   there should not be any instent cant fight death things in a boss fight with a boss that has knock backs  i mean come on  a pit that dinos fall in and are gone  you have any idea how long it takes to breed dinos 15 generations to get those stats???

• 2 weeks later...

Archived