pve Boss Fights/Requirements

Orion123

So with the new updates bosses got slightly harder...OK, HARDER. However, they are possible none the less. BroodMother Hard seems to be the toughes wich needs about 10 players doing a 360 degree formation and attaking from all directions. Seems like minimun requirements to have a decent fight is to have rexes with 40k health and 600+ melee with more than 5 riders to be safe. My surprice is the fact that it gives so little element for the risk people are taking. 

Now, lets talk about monkey. 18 RExes with the same stats as mention above with a pig and a yuti does the trick. Not to forget that since you will be mounted on the pig and the yuti you can probably have guns and help the rexes from a far on a safe space. This looks like the new strategy for this now.

LAst but not least....the DRAGON. this vicious flying thing that shoots balls of death... Way to kill it seems easy with at least 7 riders and everyone mounted on rexes with Asc SAddles. Just wait till it lands and get close while looking up to trap it. Stats for rexes  to kill all bosses seem to be the same. 

My only concern is how redicolously hard is to get element....and how trully little each boss gives. When you think about it...and maybe only one boss a week is possible for a big tribe...what chance are the Developers giving the smaller tribes or the single players on Official servers?

I understand bosses need to be difficult to kill...and that they want this to be a community thing. The problem is that not everyone like being in tribes or Alliences. Reasons being not everyone is a good person, not everyone wants to share their hard earn things, and finally tribes are not for ever.  

I am hoping that the Devs can see that making element extremely hard to get is not a smart move and that players being force to merge with people they dont know is not a benefit most of the time. However, if they make boss fights fun where it is not a DPS smashing fest they might understand that just because a boss is hard it doesnt mean fun. Not to mention risk vs reward is not there either.

Now that the Tek Teir things just got more expensive...it takes killing 1 dragon on hard to make 1 replicator...and have enough to do some fun with the rest. maybe one armor set... how not cool is that? :/ So when you really think about this...Bosses are not worth the risk...also...though the tek things are awesome... they are expensive to make and expensive to use. 

Lets talk about what this mean on pve...

Pve is a building/adventure without worring about a rival tribe to demolish all your progress in 1 hour after spending hundreds of hours.

If anyone from WC can explain why they treat pve as pvp?

Pve is a building/having fun with friends experience. Shouldnt pve enable players to do more things than pvp?

Now lets talk pvp. Pvp is a all out war with everyone. If things get imposible for new player to compete with pre existing tribes...what is the fun in that? 

We shouldnt be force to join tribes...specially when the game is not design to have roles within the tribes.

characters are all capable of doing everytihng solo. There are no roles to be filled. There are no breeding qualities or roles within the characters gameplay, there are no crafting capabilities that one has to fill that other tribe members cant do, and there are no special qualities each character can do that others cant. 

The truth is that the character development is extremely lacking. 

If you ever see an RPG each character has something the other doesnt. If you are a mage you are week but you can cast spells, if you are a berserk you are strong but devilitated by magic, if you are an elf you can do magic and fight... etc. and that is my point.

If being in a tribe was more influential and was needed it would be more fun. But the truth is that "the tribe" mechanics is a joke. We are force to join just for numbers...not because there is a need to. Specially on pve. On pvp is a different thing though. Pvp you need at least 10 people to not have your things destroyed...and if you are a solo player... you are done for sure.

So I want to post a question to WC, "why was there never a more indepth character attribute or characteristic mechanic never considered?"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/07/2017 at 8:35 AM, Orion123 said:

So with the new updates bosses got slightly harder...OK, HARDER. However, they are possible none the less. BroodMother Hard seems to be the toughes wich needs about 10 players doing a 360 degree formation and attaking from all directions. Seems like minimun requirements to have a decent fight is to have rexes with 40k health and 600+ melee with more than 5 riders to be safe. My surprice is the fact that it gives so little element for the risk people are taking. 

Now, lets talk about monkey. 18 RExes with the same stats as mention above with a pig and a yuti does the trick. Not to forget that since you will be mounted on the pig and the yuti you can probably have guns and help the rexes from a far on a safe space. This looks like the new strategy for this now.

LAst but not least....the DRAGON. this vicious flying thing that shoots balls of death... Way to kill it seems easy with at least 7 riders and everyone mounted on rexes with Asc SAddles. Just wait till it lands and get close while looking up to trap it. Stats for rexes  to kill all bosses seem to be the same. 

My only concern is how redicolously hard is to get element....and how trully little each boss gives. When you think about it...and maybe only one boss a week is possible for a big tribe...what chance are the Developers giving the smaller tribes or the single players on Official servers?

I understand bosses need to be difficult to kill...and that they want this to be a community thing. The problem is that not everyone like being in tribes or Alliences. Reasons being not everyone is a good person, not everyone wants to share their hard earn things, and finally tribes are not for ever.  

I am hoping that the Devs can see that making element extremely hard to get is not a smart move and that players being force to merge with people they dont know is not a benefit most of the time. However, if they make boss fights fun where it is not a DPS smashing fest they might understand that just because a boss is hard it doesnt mean fun. Not to mention risk vs reward is not there either.

Now that the Tek Teir things just got more expensive...it takes killing 1 dragon on hard to make 1 replicator...and have enough to do some fun with the rest. maybe one armor set... how not cool is that? :/ So when you really think about this...Bosses are not worth the risk...also...though the tek things are awesome... they are expensive to make and expensive to use. 

Pve is a building/adventure without worring about a rival tribe to demolish all your progress in 1 hour after spending hundreds of hours.

Pve is a building/having fun with friends experience. Shouldnt pve enable players to do more things than pvp?

Now lets talk pvp. Pvp is a all out war with everyone. If things get imposible for new player to compete with pre existing tribes...what is the fun in that? 

We shouldnt be force to join tribes...specially when the game is not design to have roles within the tribes.

characters are all capable of doing everytihng solo. There are no roles to be filled. There are no breeding qualities or roles within the characters gameplay, there are no crafting capabilities that one has to fill that other tribe members cant do, and there are no special qualities each character can do that others cant. 

If you ever see an RPG each character has something the other doesnt. If you are a mage you are week but you can cast spells, if you are a berserk you are strong but devilitated by magic, if you are an elf you can do magic and fight... etc. and that is my point.

If being in a tribe was more influential and was needed it would be more fun. But the truth is that "the tribe" mechanics is a joke. We are force to join just for numbers...not because there is a need to. Specially on pve. On pvp is a different thing though. Pvp you need at least 10 people to not have your things destroyed...and if you are a solo player... you are done for sure.

So I want to post a question to WC, "why was there never a more indepth character attribute or characteristic mechanic never considered?"

All good points, which fight do you recommend after the update. What about se fight?

On 7/29/2017 at 1:56 PM, ArkCreation said:

Patch 264.2

Fixed boss scaling for multiplayer sessions (approximately 67% easier)

So does this mean on official you can expect to do these boss fights?

I am new to the boss fight end of the game. I have been working my way up to it and have started to raise a team of Rex's. I have 3 excellent rex's i raised last weekend. 

One of the problems I see for myself in the future is the fact that I am a solo player on a PvE server but I have made a lot of friends, if the boss fights are to hard for just a few of use to do on our server than I will be forced to look else where for people to do this with. 

I really hope they are going to make boss fights doable for players like me and official servers like the one I play on

I was prepping to attempt some boss fights thanks for the good info. There is a pvp aspect to pve btw, mother raptoring boxboxbox players always kite wyverns into me when i'm trying to get milk and or trying to steal the milk, they drown players that are logged out to steal poop and kite titans and golems into other players bases as a form to raid in pve.... i for 1 hate any boxboxbox mf.

3 hours ago, Danno334 said:

I am new to the boss fight end of the game. I have been working my way up to it and have started to raise a team of Rex's. I have 3 excellent rex's i raised last weekend. 

One of the problems I see for myself in the future is the fact that I am a solo player on a PvE server but I have made a lot of friends, if the boss fights are to hard for just a few of use to do on our server than I will be forced to look else where for people to do this with. 

I really hope they are going to make boss fights doable for players like me and official servers like the one I play on

This is why there is single player as it allows solo players to do these fights.

My cup of tea like yours it seems like, is to play on a multiplayer server so the game feels more than just me at my PC.

The easy version of bosses are doable solo. You CAN do manticore alpha solo as well with enough good rexes and an understanding of how the fight works. its always good to have rexes to test these with without committing to a full attack.

In a battle you do not send your best fighters first into battle. You hold back, find out the enemies weaknesses, strengths. Basically send in your skirmishers or less than superior troops first to test your opponent. 

In Ark you can use this strategy. So simply put bring in as many crappy rexes or dinos you do not care that will die, and they will die and pit them against a boss. Measure the amount of damage your dinos take per different saddles, how much damage you do to the boss and watch the clock to see how much time passes. If you calculate some simple math on this you can figure out what kind of stats are needed on dinos, how many, and what combination of dinos work best.

Read up on forums or watch youtube videos to get a good idea of how these bosses work. Just be aware that a lot of videos out there are out of date and might lack sufficient information regarding these fights since the latest patch. Kudos to you if you decide to do your own testing. At this point your own testing and asking other players is a good way to get the info you need. 

It is possible to do other boss fights solo even without high breeding stat dinos, but thats a discussion for another time.

On 7/28/2017 at 5:58 PM, hosnoopy said:

100% Agree PvE is a building platform and by making it imposible for a new player to kill the bosses is not cool.......Unless u have acess to the trading forum U dont stand a chance.....

What is this nonsense?

You expect the developers to make the endgame content be accessible to new players?

Why not just spawn in free L300 gigas when a new player reaches level 2? Complete with 117.5ar saddle. Becus why should they work to get such things right?

Get outta here mate.

edit: forgot to mention: our tribe has been doing boss fights since before healhog, yutie, and boss arena terrain changes. We weathered all the boss fights without using the terrain changes. We did Dragon Alpha for the first time AFTER they made the terrain changes. We never used the ledge exploits for Ape. No shotgun to the BM face on ridge exploits. That was with relatively medicore 11k/411 rexes that WE made OURSELVES. And guess what? Those 20 rexes are still alive today and are still being used.

Now everyone's on the 15k/525 tamecap hatch-n-tame exploit rex bloodline. People cant figure out how to do boss fights without resorting to cheesing, or relying on exploited rexes?

Cry me a river. We sacrificed 20 leveled rexes to kill Dragon Alpha. All the others were done straight up brute force. Are the boss fights enjoyable? No. Don't come in here claiming you NEED traded exploitrexes to do them. This is insulting to those who actually put the effort in (nearly a year).

On 7/27/2017 at 7:35 AM, Orion123 said:

Theres a somewhat glaring flaw in your entire arguement....

There are many, MANY tribes on both PVE and PVP that have NUMEROUS tek gear and structures.

If your arguement were valid, they wouldnt have it.

What I see here is:

1. Your tribe needs to up their game.

2. Take the time to breed your own rexes, dont just buy them.

3. Put the time into perfecting and mutating your rex line.

4. Stop complaining you dont have X and its too hard to get X when many others have a lot of X.

On 8/8/2017 at 11:24 AM, PolarFlames said:

We did the boss fight with 20 rexes after they buffed the arena bosses without telling us... Lost all of them, we didnt stand a chance. :(

always test boss fight arenas in private server prior to any boss fight on official if there has been a patch since you last did a boss fight.

no exceptions. learn from your mistake.

edit: protip - spawn your test rexes, imprint them, saddle them, position them on obi, then saveworld and backup that save file. restore it every time you want to do a test. It is *NOT* possible to fully replicate official difficulty on private, but it can be close, and you can measure the difficulty changes by comparing kill time and post-fight rex average health damage. look at those numbers, if for example you notice that the new tests are taking 22% longer, look at your official numbers and calculate if your rexes there can survive 22% more duration in combat. it works.

On 8/7/2017 at 8:14 PM, gunlover10 said:

I've tested med dragon on sp with the same settings as offical servers, using 18 rexes with 30k hp and 800-900% damage and got it down to 1/3 without getting it stuck or using a yut or pig. Also been farming easy ape with 14 30k hp 600-700% damage rexes and a yut goes down very easy

you cannot emulate official difficulty completely on private.

post all config you have which you claim can do this here.

Archived