Where Will You Be On Launch Day?

Demerus

hey all,

With August 29th (edited) fast approaching, we will all have the opportunity to start fresh, make new friends/enemies and enjoy the game right from the very begining.

How do all of you plan to build your new empire from the ground up?

Anyone have any particular areas they would love to call their new home?

What are some of your fears, like will things be like they were when ragnarok first came? or Will servers be able to accomodate all the new and old players?

Would love to hear other's thoughts and how everyone is preparing for the big day.

Does anyone plan to stay on Legacy?

#ReleaseDayHype

cheers!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will still be on Legacy.

However I am still saving up for the Ryzen Threadripper server. Hoping to host around 6 servers in cluster, and can do 8. I will not be renting, I will be owning.

But until then, I will be still on legacy. I don't have $4000 AUD sitting around, and from what I can tell, none of the shops yet sell the Threadripper platform.

I'll be migrating to the new servers. Probably The Island, still my favorite map it's well balanced and the size goes well especially with slower flyers, it's easier to defend from cross ark invasions. Hoping to make a few new friends too to grow my ranks :)

The influx of insane amounts of duping that occurred on legacy servers make them unplayable IMO. Really hoping they have a solid strategy to prevent this on the new cluster.

Speaking from 3k hours on official PvP servers.

Gonna suck having to redo Medium Dragon for transmitter though, I haven't done bosses since before all of the "balance" patches.

Leveling a new character will only mildly suck, given I've been stuck on 100 since ascension launched. I do a lot of crafting and building, levels come fast.  I was 103 pre-ascension. 

Legacy PvE playing with my kids, watching the constant Ragnarok crashing and rollbacks cause me countless losses and headache.  Ohh what? That will be fixed by then? LMFAO uhhhh huh.

Seriously thought - Probably a mix of both legacy and new, PvP and PvE.  I have some friends with plans and I will likely joing them on PvP.  My kids are learning the game in PvE and my time with them will remain wherever they want to be.  We have established bases and they may want to watch countdown timers and steal some tames from those that jump ship.

9 hours ago, Wanny759 said:

I will never ever leave legacy servers. Not after 2,000+ hours and 2 years into the game. I am counting on a lot of the newer players to migrate over to the new servers, but also hope the community will stay strong in legacy. I suppose time will tell.

think of it this way,  Counter strike go came out and a massive decline in servers and players happened. But all those original to the game have stayed, its a far better community, with seasoned players only usually. But over time they have all started to die down. Eventually legacy servers will crumble along with ark. Im already noticing a decline in player numbers as a lot of streamers have abandoned ark for the new Dark And Light game. Will have to wait and see where it goes from here

Archived