Boat Elevator

Currahee

Anyone ever put an elevator on a boat? Before you ask let me answer - WHY NOT?

I put a couple on the new metal speedboat, so I could lift tames up to the top deck easier than trying to build a ramp and find hospitable terrain to load.

They work great except for two issues.

1. The platform seems to stay in place while the boat gently bobs on the water, no big deal.
  2. The only other issue I've had ... is that the platform can sometimes disappear, and appear about 500 feet above the boat floating in the air. The track still responds to commands like 'elevate' 'stop' etc. Or another time the platform was just off-center on the rail.

I'm not sure if I'm causing them to do that, I have a Mosa following the boat for defense, sometimes he swims 'through' the boat a little. I thought maybe that could be doing it. Otherwise has anyone ever tried this and experienced the same?

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Currahee said:

I put a couple on the new metal speedboat, so I could lift tames up to the top deck easier than trying to build a ramp and find hospitable terrain to load.

1. The platform seems to stay in place while the boat gently bobs on the water, no big deal.
  2. The only other issue I've had ... is that the platform can sometimes disappear, and appear about 500 feet above the boat floating in the air. The track still responds to commands like 'elevate' 'stop' etc. Or another time the platform was just off-center on the rail.

I'm not sure if I'm causing them to do that, I have a Mosa following the boat for defense, sometimes he swims 'through' the boat a little. I thought maybe that could be doing it. Otherwise has anyone ever tried this and experienced the same?

Can you please post a pic of your speed boat I'm very curious to see it... please thank you....

18 minutes ago, Currahee said:

I will say if nothing else you are taking Ark to some of it's build limits.  I know there are a lot of people on my server who have used the rafts to build bridges instead of relying on pillars but my server stays on top of dino cap and most are told not to build rafts since it counts towards it.  I would also love to see your design you have.  Not to mention most people on my server won't build rafts either since they are easily sinkable by one of the new water dwellers.

10 minutes ago, Shadowless28 said:

I will say if nothing else you are taking Ark to some of it's build limits.  I know there are a lot of people on my server who have used the rafts to build bridges instead of relying on pillars but my server stays on top of dino cap and most are told not to build rafts since it counts towards it.  I would also love to see your design you have.  Not to mention most people on my server won't build rafts either since they are easily sinkable by one of the new water dwellers.

Yeah I'll post a pic, my mosa has killed a couple leeds already. Don't mess with my boat!!! :P

2 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

Thanks can you tag me or quote me in case I'm not here later ... I'm excited to see it love boat designs... 

Yeah I'll tag you. Headsup I use S+ so ... it's awesome looking, lol.

hehe I'm just finishing it up and decking it out so haven't gone on a full cruise yet but ... sitting at work ... there's little else I can think of ...

• 1 month later...

Well, I have played in the last month ... just couldn't get around to doing this ...

Again, this is with S+ ... so fair warning, some purists may be appalled.

I'm not one for coming up with cool color schemes:
izTVf1j.jpg

One elevator goes down to below the water line, up to the 2nd and top deck. The main elevator in the middle goes between the three decks and up to the tower:
WE5zmnn.jpg

I like to bringat least a doed and anky around with me, and a scout ptera, and a hauling Arg:

qqkO9Kc.jpg

All the amenities of home. Crafting table, S+ workbench, fabricator, chem bench, jerky bins, refrigerators, industrial forge & grill, and dozens of storage chests:

f4LhRxR.jpg

4FeOnuR.jpg

rgvtb01.jpg

View from the top towards the stern:

5QJiTHe.jpg

Underwater view:
mx9bS15.jpg

With room to expand still. It's grown since my first post here, in ways I like and don't like. 

So this just happened, the issue I was referring to. Stepped onto my elevator on my boat and was ... really high:

nsCCnQF.jpg

But then I can move to the bottom floor almost instantly:

qsFsusF.jpg

Outside elevator is 'missing' too:

O6CnSLX.jpg

There it is, way way up there:

P7j0kUh.jpg

While the platforms look like they're out of place, if you step onto them you'll appear floating up there. When the elevator moves to upper or lower position they snap back in place instantly. Strange bug.

4 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

I'm not saying it will change anything, but I'm curious to know what will happen if you leave the area (while logged on) and then come back to try it again. 

I've flown quite a bit away, and have even bed transported out and back and they still float up there. I haven't noticed exactly when they disappear up into the air like that. But they stay that way until you get on them and move them to the uppermost or lowermost position. I've driven the boat for a pretty long time and jumped on a platform and it was still there. And other times, like earlier, I seemed to turn to step on one and I was in the sky. :S

Archived