Survival without humans or bosses?

PoultryCarnage

I know this is late and it won't be messed with (I'm on Xbox no mods for me) but who thinks it's sad that endgame comes incredibly quick and the survival aspect in this game is pretty much gone without other humans, once you realize you can put points into speed to outrun everything and realize most things won't catch you and things like a Rex will get stuck and stare at you until you knock it out and tame it. The thing is that's not even hard to do if you have all the meat and narcotics. Just think about when the game first came out everybody THOUGHT it would be hard as crap to survive because oh dinosaurs! Now humans and broken creatures and bosses are the only things to fear. The other thing that bugs me is the treatment the older creature have like the trike and saber who are slow as crap and even if a trike catches you it probably won't kill you because it stops to attack.The trike I can pass on the speed but the saber is a big cat like very fast animals such as lions and leopards but I'm pretty sure a human at base speed can outrun it. Compare that to a dire wolf who can destroy u and you actually fear for a bit. The funny thing is once you tame that saber slower than you it's magically fast as it should be and you can even cheat it's jump to go even faster. I don't even think I dire wolf is faster when you tame it than it is in the wild (correct me if I'm wrong). But maybe this just upsets people like me who like a survival aspect in a game and having to work for a Rex instead of being able to tame it before you can even get its saddle?

This is why, imho, PvP is the only way to play and I think the game is basically how it's meant to be. As you progress you go from surviving to conquering the environment (but that's where caves and bosses come in), and that's not really a surprise when you can tame nearly everything. Also, guns >> dinos.

They also just kicked up the alpha spawn rate. Getting mobbed by 3 alpha raptors while trying to build a raft makes the game feel dangerous again too. Frankly I think they need to tone that down even (though I enjoy the new danger), I'm not sure how you're supposed to deal with constant alphas on the beaches as a new player.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, DarkCloud said:

Go run around barefoot in the redwood at night. See if you can survive the troodons, there's survival

I'd surmise that you'll do ok against troodons whilst barefoot in the woods so long as you are running around with torch in hand. Thylacoleos pouncing from on high and purlovias popping up is a different matter though.

Lol, OP claims there is no survival :) 

I had someone on my server saying that .....

Made a bet with him, he could put on ghillie armor and a compound bow with arrows into the swamp, the bet was to survive 10 mins. First try he was death by piranha's in under a minute (the fool went straight into the water). second time he was walking, killed a snake and was bragging about it until i asked what he was going to do about the 5 other snakes coming his way. :dod-xmas: needless to say he lost the bet again, he did stay alive the full 3 mins tho lol :D

Never heard him say there was no survival in the game after that :) 

On 7/26/2017 at 1:37 PM, HoMeRj613 said:

Are you playing on an official server? cause if you come face to face with a saber on foot chances are your dead before you even know whats going on, hell go into a cave and fight 2 or 3 bats at the same time and tell me that the game is too easy

1. Caves are mid game/early end game

2.I'm not talking about if you try to fight a saber one on one early game, I'm talking about the fact that it has no chance of it catching you while if you look at the dire wolf it could destroy you and catch you pretty easily

9 hours ago, Griffin1984 said:

Lol, OP claims there is no survival :) 

I had someone on my server saying that .....

Made a bet with him, he could put on ghillie armor and a compound bow with arrows into the swamp, the bet was to survive 10 mins. First try he was death by piranha's in under a minute (the fool went straight into the water). second time he was walking, killed a snake and was bragging about it until i asked what he was going to do about the 5 other snakes coming his way. :dod-xmas: needless to say he lost the bet again, he did stay alive the full 3 mins tho lol :D

Never heard him say there was no survival in the game after that :) 

That doesn't really relate to survival because you don't have to fight them to survive you could go as long as you want staying away from the swamp and those creatures, all that is showing is how long you can go fighting hordes of creatures before you die. By the way survival is about avoiding things and trying to survive in a tough environment and not getting too comfortable which is gone very quickly. Not running into death.

On 7/26/2017 at 2:47 PM, Williamskylord said:

The answer already exists, Survival>Caves>Bosses at first survival is the challenge, once you start to master that you start prepping and running caves, once you can do those you fight the bosses and run the ascension cave. Other than that get into PVP for a completely different challenge.

Your right it's just for me I have no other Dino games and don't have access to any others either, if I could use mods on Xbox that could help but I really want to love this game not just like it and survival being harder would fit my play style more

10 hours ago, PoultryCarnage said:

That doesn't really relate to survival because you don't have to fight them to survive you could go as long as you want staying away from the swamp and those creatures, all that is showing is how long you can go fighting hordes of creatures before you die. By the way survival is about avoiding things and trying to survive in a tough environment and not getting too comfortable which is gone very quickly. Not running into death.

The only place i believe you are safe is either in a base, near the beach (however your inventory is not with those pesky seagulls) or on a rex, spino, flyer etc.

It doesn't matter if you're wearing flak/riot armor and have all weapons and ammo, all it gives you is time to survive on foot. (unless you encounter something like a troodon) getting ambushed by several allo's, raptors or wolves could mean a quick death anyways :) 

People say there is no survival but they always stay on safe places. If you want survival, go on foot, you'll see survival :) 

10 hours ago, Megar said:

The only creatures I'm scared of are Microraptors and Purlovias (did I miss another creature that stuns?) that poop stuns you for 10 seconds, you cannot do anything while you're getting raptored.

Baryonix in rivers, thyla's in redwood and cnidaria near the coast if they sneak up on you :) 

On 7/26/2017 at 1:37 PM, HoMeRj613 said:

Are you playing on an official server? cause if you come face to face with a saber on foot chances are your dead before you even know whats going on, hell go into a cave and fight 2 or 3 bats at the same time and tell me that the game is too easy

You should invest in a pike lol

Archived