Max Level and Taming effectiveness

Billy166

I was kibble taming a max level (150) trike yesterday and in the process it was attacked by a raptor. I killed the raptor, but notice the taming effectiveness decreased on my tame. Now I know the effectiveness decreases due to the tame being hit by the raptor;  but does it also decrease the tames max level after tamed? (f.e. 150 w/ taming bonus ends up at 224 and maxes after taming to 285). Now if the tame is attacked and the taming bonus is reduced to 178; does that reduce the max level of 285 as well? I thank you all in advance for your attention and answers to this question.

2 minutes ago, Billy166 said:

I was kibble taming a max level (150) trike yesterday and in the process it was attacked by a raptor. I killed the raptor, but notice the taming effectiveness decreased on my tame. Now I know the effectiveness decreases due to the tame being hit by the raptor;  but does it also decrease the tames max level after tamed? (f.e. 150 w/ taming bonus ends up at 224 and maxes after taming to 285). Now if the tame is attacked and the taming bonus is reduced to 178; does that reduce the max level of 285 as well? I thank you all in advance for your attention and answers to this question.

Max level includes the EXP levels. You still get the same number of EXP levels no matter level of creature you tamed, but you will end up with a lower level. 

For future reference, if you have kibble to spare, you can wake up the creature in question that was hit, and re knock it to start over with TE and progress. If you want, you can make it starve before waking it up and then you reknock for a quick tame. Just make sure to pull out your kibble/narcs/etc

14 minutes ago, DarkCloud said:

Realistically you will never achieve 71 levels. More realistically is in the 50s, the exponential XP curve gets pretty ridiculous. You would have to get your dino 2.5m XP. My anky which is ridden constantly and gets a lot of shared XP is at like 59 levels.

Thank you for the reply.

27 minutes ago, DarkCloud said:

Realistically you will never achieve 71 levels. More realistically is in the 50s, the exponential XP curve gets pretty ridiculous. You would have to get your dino 2.5m XP. My anky which is ridden constantly and gets a lot of shared XP is at like 59 levels.

I disagree with this. Yes it's hard to get the 71lvls. But to me the first 55 lvls are easy to get. I have multiple Dino's that have 65+ lvls on them. Very easy to do doing double XP

51 minutes ago, DarkCloud said:

There is an achievement for getting a max level Dino, I see  people on my friends list get it all the time 

1 hour ago, DarkCloud said:

Depends on the type of dino, I've maxed out a few (baryonyx used in the swamp cave, giga used for killing titans, for example), but yes it's tough, especially on dinos that aren't specifically used for killing things 

40 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

Depends on the type of dino, I've maxed out a few (baryonyx used in the swamp cave, giga used for killing titans, for example), but yes it's tough, especially on dinos that aren't specifically used for killing things 

Exactly. I mean it is possible especially if you're regularly killing Titans or doing a lot of swamp cave runs. But that's grinding using the highest possible ways to get XP for a dino. Neither of which you'll be doing with a Trike ;)

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2017 at 3:09 PM, SmokeyB said:

There is an achievement for getting a max level Dino, I see  people on my friends list get it all the time 

In singleplayer, using console commands.

On 7/26/2017 at 4:15 PM, DarkCloud said:

Exactly. I mean it is possible especially if you're regularly killing Titans or doing a lot of swamp cave runs. But that's grinding using the highest possible ways to get XP for a dino. Neither of which you'll be doing with a Trike ;)

Trikes are awesome combat mounts. If there is no Giga spawned on carno isle then trike clears it pretty easily (high level rexes might pose some threat, but everything else gets knocked back) and gets decent exp. With explorer notes its even faster, but i would leave them for more important tame.

Archived