Tame times are too high

o0oNightmareo0o

1 minute ago, BlueFox91 said:

Are you using kibble? The time it takes to tame some dinosaurs without mutton or kibble can take almost half a day. Kibble is the best way to go. If you lookup the dododex flow chart it will show you how to climb the kibble tree :)

It would be pretty stupid to say the times are too high if you're not using the best option given, wouldn't it?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, thatguylance said:

Tame times are fine, now breed timers for aqua and herbis is terrible, no one should have to wait 6-13 hours just for something to pop out a baby. Gigas, squids, and mosas should not take 2 weeks to raise either. At least we get x2 to help with that sometimes.

So you want to get like lvl 300+ dinos easily without spending multiple days?

On 25.7.2017 at 11:42 PM, JoVita said:

yes they are but if the time is shorter the game is boring and you dont know what to do i tried single with quick tame its not fun ;) wait and tame

Im playing fine without taming and for me taming isnt that fun, instead I gather metal and trade for the eggs then hatch them safely in my base(can't move wild ones on pve)

3 hours ago, BlueFox91 said:

Are you using kibble? The time it takes to tame some dinosaurs without mutton or kibble can take almost half a day. Kibble is the best way to go. If you lookup the dododex flow chart it will show you how to climb the kibble tree :)

Yea I am using kibble, I am just slowly losing interest in game time vs. reward. I have 626 hours, 620 hours easily on my main toon. Was gonna try and tame a mosa today, and then saw tame time.. and was like.. nope.  So I settled for a lvl 75 giga, and as a I am spamming narcs in, I started questioning why I am spending so much time on this. It got me thinking about people that don't work from home, with jobs, kids whose parents only allow x amount of game time. If I did not work from home, I would never have played this longer than a week. Im super addicted to it I think, but I really think tame times are a bit excessive. I think the longest ever a tame should take max with kibble on anything should be 45 mins. Tops. Just me,  I know, but, how i feel. I know by design this was never meant to be casual gamer friendly, but.. if it was... I wonder how high sales would blow through the roof. 

5 hours ago, o0oNightmareo0o said:

The more and more I play, the more and more I start thinking how crazy some of these tame times are. Ark is starting feel like a game you don't play, but a game you live. The player reward vs. time put into the game seems incredibly meager. Why does the simplest task seem like it takes a lifetime?!? Want to appeal to the casual gamer and mainstream gamer entire spectrum? Reconsider some of the tame timers. And fixing eggs, thylas, and griffin falling through tiles would be a big bonus too. 

That's because it is incredibly meager, and it isn't limited to tame timers.

My tribe and I have lost tens if not hundreds of in-game hours in the past month due to some of our dinosaurs going missing.
220 T-Rex, 173 Spino, two-200+ Argents, a lvl 130 Anky, a lvl 90 Doedic, a level 120 M. Megaloceras, a 200+ Megatherium, a
lvl 60 Pteranodon, a lvl 200+ Mammoth - All of them vanished without a trace. They didn't starve, they didn't become unclaimed
and destroyed, they weren't murdered by wild dinos. They just randomly vanished off the face of ark.

We've been given no official answers as to why this is keeps happening. We've only had one dino that was lost that was over
the level of 450 thanks to the hard-level cap, and I'm still angry that my tribe got burned because someone else decided to cheat.

It's one thing to lose dinosaurs and valuables due to in-game hazards, hostile enemies, and wild dinosars, but it's entirely different
when you're losing progress due to faulty programming. 

But, to play devil's advocate, I'll state the obvious: This is a beta game. It doesn't matter if We're 2 weeks from official launch or
2 minutes from it - the fact remains that this game is not considered "fully launched" until AFTER it's launch date, so any bullpoop
we deal with is.. unfortunately, what we signed up for when we bought the game in early access. It's our choice to continue to
subject ourselves to whatever misfortune we encounter by playing E.A. We've done this to ourselves and continue to do so.

We can be pissed off at the devs, and we have every right to be, but you and I know that deep down we have to be angry at ourselves
too, because we're as much to blame by being here..

14 hours ago, Extraterrestrial said:

"Longest creature is 1 1/2 weeks"

"Not something i consider "Multiple Weeks"

"1 1/2 weeks"

"1 week and half of another"

It's still Multiple weeks.

You cannot say it's multiple weeks if it's only one full week. Mathematically a multiple is an exact number that can be divided by a smaller number into an exact number.

Or do you say: "I waited multiple hours if you wait for 61 minutes"?

14 hours ago, Extraterrestrial said:

My tribe and I have lost tens if not hundreds of in-game hours in the past month due to some of our dinosaurs going missing.
220 T-Rex, 173 Spino, two-200+ Argents, a lvl 130 Anky, a lvl 90 Doedic, a level 120 M. Megaloceras, a 200+ Megatherium, a
lvl 60 Pteranodon, a lvl 200+ Mammoth - All of them vanished without a trace. They didn't starve, they didn't become unclaimed
and destroyed, they weren't murdered by wild dinos. They just randomly vanished off the face of ark.

We've been given no official answers as to why this is keeps happening. We've only had one dino that was lost that was over
the level of 450 thanks to the hard-level cap, and I'm still angry that my tribe got burned because someone else decided to cheat.

It's one thing to lose dinosaurs and valuables due to in-game hazards, hostile enemies, and wild dinosars, but it's entirely different

But, to play devil's advocate, I'll state the obvious: This is a beta game. It doesn't matter if We're 2 weeks from official launch or
2 minutes from it - the fact remains that this game is not considered "fully launched" until AFTER it's launch date, so any bullpoop
we deal with is.. unfortunately, what we signed up for when we bought the game in early access. It's our choice to continue to
subject ourselves to whatever misfortune we encounter by playing E.A. We've done this to ourselves and continue to do so.

We can be pissed off at the devs, and we have every right to be, but you and I know that deep down we have to be angry at ourselves

Happened to me 2 days ago parked a quetz while I wandered 20 metres away on anky  turned around poof disappeared a wild argie was there chilling found it 30 mins later other side of obsidian just sitting there it was on passive too

40 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

Happened to me 2 days ago parked a quetz while I wandered 20 metres away on anky  turned around poof disappeared a wild argie was there chilling found it 30 mins later other side of obsidian just sitting there it was on passive too

yea, the spino i lost randomly got turned into a beaver.

On 7/25/2017 at 1:58 PM, o0oNightmareo0o said:

The more and more I play, the more and more I start thinking how crazy some of these tame times are. Ark is starting feel like a game you don't play, but a game you live. The player reward vs. time put into the game seems incredibly meager. Why does the simplest task seem like it takes a lifetime?!? Want to appeal to the casual gamer and mainstream gamer entire spectrum? Reconsider some of the tame timers. And fixing eggs, thylas, and griffin falling through tiles would be a big bonus too. 

Sounds like somebody is berry-taming a Therizino.

Amirite?

On 26/07/2017 at 4:58 AM, o0oNightmareo0o said:

Yupp.... I couldn't agree with you more. Thats why we always play on dedicated, just take a while finding a good decent one. (well i didnt, so i started my own lol)
2 and a half days to raise a freaking virtual animal is just beyond me (Hyena). The game is great, but it's soooo grindy in the wrong ways... I'd like to think of myself as a hardcore gamer too. But i feel like they're just taking the p*ss out of us with those rates.

- From Australia

On 7/25/2017 at 11:58 PM, o0oNightmareo0o said:

do as I do..tame only on 2x events...then it s decent...

but yeah some tame times are kinda high. anyway if you ask me, i would complain about raising times..handfeeding times

I'm really interested in seeing if the people disagreeing with the tame times being too long even play on official servers. Like actual official servers not your dedicated boosted stuff. Please really someone respond and tell me. Because the official game times are insanely long and I rarely meet someone who thinks differently. 

On 7/25/2017 at 10:14 PM, Cowgirl said:

I am content with the tame timers now, it used to be doubled (literally). Also back in the very beginning there wasnt kibble, if you wanted a 120 bronto you stayed awake feeding and guarding it for 12+ hours.

I've felt that pain, knocked out a 120 bronto about a month after release on xbox, 16 hours of mejo taming.

Tamed it on the beach opposite herb as that was where our base was at the time, once it stood up slapped on a basic saddle and tried to swim it across to the base on herb, didn't know back then about the game much, it ran out of stamina about 3/4 of the way and drowned.  16 hours of taming for it to die about 5 minutes later... live and learn xD

On 7/26/2017 at 4:01 AM, Extraterrestrial said:

where the dinos lost in your base or out and about in the wild?

one reason i've seen dinos just vanish without a trace is when a resource node they are stood ontop of respawns into the game, like a rock or metal node.  If i'm in an area where it looks like its been farmed recently I tend to leave my dino parked away from the nodes or place down a foundation near the dino to stop spawns (remove it afterwards obviously)

it's a terrible bug that looks like an oversight but in my experience thats usually the cause for vanishing dinos

42 minutes ago, Inzzane said:

Gotta love player dedi with 15x taming speed ;) 

Less time spend standing and watching a stupid bar go up in inches and more time spend gathering material for pvp action.

To each their own

Right! The game is so much more fun when the taming speed and gathering are cranked up. But for someone like me who doesn't want to join a dedicated random servers and plays on Xbox so no option to host an actual server.It's really annoying. Wish they could work on the official times 

1 hour ago, Rhyme2hot said:

I'm really interested in seeing if the people disagreeing with the tame times being too long even play on official servers. Like actual official servers not your dedicated boosted stuff. Please really someone respond and tell me. Because the official game times are insanely long and I rarely meet someone who thinks differently. 

Yeah they do... and those of us who played long before 2x became the normal rate found this topic weird (to put it lightly). This is not a game for a week or a month, this is long term game. If you dont want to play on official rates, dont play official. 

Archived