Tame times are too high

o0oNightmareo0o

The more and more I play, the more and more I start thinking how crazy some of these tame times are. Ark is starting feel like a game you don't play, but a game you live. The player reward vs. time put into the game seems incredibly meager. Why does the simplest task seem like it takes a lifetime?!? Want to appeal to the casual gamer and mainstream gamer entire spectrum? Reconsider some of the tame timers. And fixing eggs, thylas, and griffin falling through tiles would be a big bonus too. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gribish said:

What seems realistic 

That it came out wild, I mean in reality that creature would owe no allegiance to you being a freshly hatched baby. I understand the imprinting process most creatures have about seeing their parents the first time they hatch and becoming attached to them, but something about it coming out wild feels right

2 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

That it came out wild, I mean in reality that creature would owe no allegiance to you being a freshly hatched baby. I understand the imprinting process most creatures have about seeing their parents the first time they hatch and becoming attached to them, but something about it coming out wild feels right

Yeah but the 16 hours were ruff with a 45 min torpor time and only able to put in 5 narcotic at a time now we have to raise it like a normal baby  lol

1 hour ago, o0oNightmareo0o said:

The more and more I play, the more and more I start thinking how crazy some of these tame times are. Ark is starting feel like a game you don't play, but a game you live. The player reward vs. time put into the game seems incredibly meager. Why does the simplest task seem like it takes a lifetime?!? Want to appeal to the casual gamer and mainstream gamer entire spectrum? Reconsider some of the tame timers. And fixing eggs, thylas, and griffin falling through tiles would be a big bonus too. 

Not every game has to, or should, appeal to casual gamers and the mainstream population. More over, there's single player and unofficials where rates can be customized to anyone's heart's desire. Officials, he highest level of competition/toughest, certainly don't need to made to cater to casuals.

2 hours ago, o0oNightmareo0o said:

Are you using kibble? The time it takes to tame some dinosaurs without mutton or kibble can take almost half a day. Kibble is the best way to go. If you lookup the dododex flow chart it will show you how to climb the kibble tree :)

Archived