Wow this flyer nerf is beyond overkill.

ReturnToArk

I think the flyer nerf was good for the game, but it was also a little harsh. They could of just made the speed caped at 200 or less. The stamina with the nerf could of been a bit less harsh to. I do think that the best part about the nerf was the pteranodon barrel roll reduced to 5 sec cool down, it was over powered. Overall the nerf was harsh but needed to be done.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only flyer thats fun atm is griffin, 

only other one thats usefull if very very painful to use is quetz, its waaaaay too slow, and imho its ridiculous how little stam they have now, but there is no real alternative, also why are all my quetzsaddles poop now?? when did that happen, granted i havent really touched them since the flyernerf but they all have halfed their armor value, DILO

7 minutes ago, rawsh said:

only flyer thats fun atm is griffin, 

only other one thats usefull if very very painful to use is quetz, its waaaaay too slow, and imho its ridiculous how little stam they have now, but there is no real alternative, also why are all my quetzsaddles poop now?? when did that happen, granted i havent really touched them since the flyernerf but they all have halfed their armor value, DILO

Well speak for yourself. My high level argy is very useful. I use her for mining, transport, travel, and fighting. Diana is my best pet at the moment. 

Is she breaking speed records? Well no but she moves just fine. I can cover half the island before landing. The flyer nerf was needed and the game is better for it.

Only thing that I think they messed up is the quetz speed. I agree its painfully and unnecessarily slow now.

Just now, St1ckyBandit said:

Well speak for yourself. My high level argy is very useful. I use her for mining, transport, travel, and fighting. Diana is my best pet at the moment. 

Is she breaking speed records? Well no but she moves just fine. I can cover half the island before landing. The flyer nerf was needed and the game is better for it.

Only thing that I think they messed up is the quetz speed. I agree its painfully and unnecessarily slow now.

i keep reading "flyer nerf was fine was good" , and while i agree that a 300%speed wyvern was completely broken,  they just overdid it, they made most flyers just bad,  just because the old speeds were unarguably broken, doesnt mean the way they did it was good,  mk3 never came was badly needed, and they just left flyers in a broken state, unattractive and barely usefull, capping levelable speed to about 200% would have done it for most flyers, maybe cap wyverns to 180 and finally give them a seperate breath bar, the stamina nerfs were entirely overkill and ultimately made for a worse game, 

27 minutes ago, rawsh said:

i keep reading "flyer nerf was fine was good" , and while i agree that a 300%speed wyvern was completely broken,  they just overdid it, they made most flyers just bad,  just because the old speeds were unarguably broken, doesnt mean the way they did it was good,  mk3 never came was badly needed, and they just left flyers in a broken state, unattractive and barely usefull, capping levelable speed to about 200% would have done it for most flyers, maybe cap wyverns to 180 and finally give them a seperate breath bar, the stamina nerfs were entirely overkill and ultimately made for a worse game, 

Not by a longshot.

Game is much improved without blatantly OP dragons and broken 900% speed pteras that can outfly turret tracking and breach a base.

I do just fine flying around on my argy and the dragon outclasses it in every way. 

Nerf was a godsend 

1 hour ago, rawsh said:

they just left flyers in a broken state, unattractive and barely usefull

What? I know i am repeating myself, but flyers are still always the better choice compared to a land mount that fulfils a similar role in the game.

With the current creature stats, what is the best for scouting? A flyer

What is the best for traveling? A flyer

What is the best for transport? A flyer

What is one of the best pvp mounts? The flyers

I understand that some people dont have the fun they used to have with them anymore, but the nerf was just neccessary for the balance in pvp and pve. And for me, the fun comes with the balance

The quetzal was one my favorite dinosaur(and I wasnt one of those guys boxing them or even raiding with them). Now, I walk out to my dino and I just look at it in disgust and sadness, (though im not disgusted with the bird itself but more so disgusted that this happened to it.) and I dont ride it unless I HAVE too. When those rare times do come up I am dreading it the entire walk out to the dino pen. 
    Theres more than one side to look at here and i see people generally only looking at one or the other.  Prior to the nerf, birds were fun but when speed crossed a certain threshhold they could move faster than turrets, and scoop up a tribemate and be gone before you realize DILO just happened lol. So it was also unfair. 
Now, we look at it again and ask is it fun and is it fair? Is it fun to fly a bird now? No. All of them are slow and obnoxious except the griffin.  They are neccesary evils. There is no freedom to tailor a bird into what you as a player want(a raidiing bird, farming bird, etc.) Now its confined to what were "supposed to do."
     Is it fair now? I will say its more fair than it was before when they were broken, in regards to raiding. Otherwise though no,      it went form one side of the spectrum all the way to the other one. There was a small window where it would actually be considered fair but they went right past that and caused the inverse of the previous issue. 

I feel like devs are balancing for the island. Fliers (And land creatures for that matter) are too slow on Center. Even on island it is a bit ridiculous, like a 5 min trip from either side of the island. It would be OK if they gave water creatures a buff weight and speed wise, or removed some rocks/trees for the land creatures. 

there is no fun in pressing W for 5mins.

There are ways to nerf a flier, without nerfing a flier. Aggressive birds, weather events are the examples that come to mind

Pre nerf - over9000% ms ptera picked me up and dropped me from a death height before the game even registered I was falling from the sky

Post nerf - Ptera swoops in for pick, ptera gets shotgunned in the face, even had the time to farm mats for the shotgun, craft said shotgun and fire off a few test shots before it reached me.

Nerf was good for the game.

I think the flyer nerf was needed but not anywhere to this degree. It was exaggerated and it was hard blow for PvE especially. I play on unofficial server and I have Classic Flyers mod which is a mod that has almost half a million subscribers which says something! The devs should offer an option/command on single player and unofficial server to turn on or off the nerfed flyer speed so we don't have to use mods. We already have so many options, why not add an option like this that is so needed and talked about for months by so many people?

5 minutes ago, Julline said:

I think the flyer nerf was needed but not anywhere to this degree. It was exaggerated and it was hard blow for PvE especially. I play on unofficial server and I have Classic Flyers mod which is a mod that has almost half a million subscribers which says something! The devs should offer an option/command on single player and unofficial server to turn on or off the nerfed flyer speed so we don't have to use mods. We already have so many options, why not add an option like this that is so needed and talked about for months by so many people?

How was the flyer nerf especially hard for pve players? You only have to worry about wild spawns.. am I missing something? If I pve'd I could tame most anything away from base and just bring it back.. oh, have to make extra trips for resources? Well you don't have to worry about megas or other tribes coming in and wiping your base (unless you built horribly,  allowing certain wild spawns to be kited and uses against you), thus you don't really lose progress in a relative sense..

14 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

How was the flyer nerf especially hard for pve players? You only have to worry about wild spawns.. am I missing something? If I pve'd I could tame most anything away from base and just bring it back.. oh, have to make extra trips for resources? Well you don't have to worry about megas or other tribes coming in and wiping your base (unless you built horribly,  allowing certain wild spawns to be kited and uses against you), thus you don't really lose progress in a relative sense..

This is the only thing that you got from my whole post? Really? In my opinion, flyer nerf was worse for PvE players. We have building and exploring as main things and building takes a lot of materials which means a lot of dino runs which is slowed down by the nerf so now everything takes longer if you use flyers. In PvP at least you get to defend or attack and do extra things that you cant do on a PvE server.

15 minutes ago, Julline said:

This is the only thing that you got from my whole post? Really? In my opinion, flyer nerf was worse for PvE players. We have building and exploring as main things and building takes a lot of materials which means a lot of dino runs which is slowed down by the nerf so now everything takes longer if you use flyers. In PvP at least you get to defend or attack and do extra things that you cant do on a PvE server.

So then by your logic PvP would have been hit harder because they build just as much if not more then a PvE'r especially costly things like turrets and bullets and those things get destroyed and need to be replaced. So not only do they have to farm more then you but they have all the other things that you alluded to as well. So they have even harder time farming. You destroyed your own argument.

Archived