Gas nerf - center - xbox

lonesurvivor

So we get 

less harvesting amount

greater number of resources to craft said gas

and gas is consumed a lot faster

im on a official pvp server on xbox center map,  i thought the oil nodes in the ocean were supposed to get a buff on the amount you get not a nerf, i know the ones on land were supposed to get nerfed

but yeah with everything getting nerfed, and to full use gas it getting nerfed 3 different ways we are having difficulties keeping up with the generators (yes pvp..so there is a lot of generators) if there is a event, if we grind just gas all weekend we can get enough but going through 3 vaults full in a week for two bases worth of gens (plus turrets towers at 2 obs) with the nerf is next to impossible unless all you do is grind oil

we have people going out on a dunk for ocean nodes, mosa for basil, and anky for land nodes constantly, it really should not take this much effort to keep up with one resource 

Besides the whole "Go build up on Scorch" saying what are people supposed to do to keep up with gas demand, heck where once bullets and high level tames were the main trade item people asked for on our server it is now gas

are the ocean nodes ever supposed to get the buff i thought i read about? 

People without a scorch serever that play pvp with a decent size base/bases..how do you keep up?

yeah its just gens that consume like crazy we are very adamant on watching the forges. chem etc gas consumption

just 26 to 30 oil a node is stupid low for how much oil it takes to run a decent size base/bases in pvp (eating basils with mosa is alright i guess but if that is gunna be the main way there needs to be a lot more of them)

but yeah was kinda looking for non "scorch" answers but alas i guess that really is the only answer 

1 hour ago, lonesurvivor said:

So we get 

less harvesting amount

greater number of resources to craft said gas

and gas is consumed a lot faster

im on a official pvp server on xbox center map,  i thought the oil nodes in the ocean were supposed to get a buff on the amount you get not a nerf, i know the ones on land were supposed to get nerfed

but yeah with everything getting nerfed, and to full use gas it getting nerfed 3 different ways we are having difficulties keeping up with the generators (yes pvp..so there is a lot of generators) if there is a event, if we grind just gas all weekend we can get enough but going through 3 vaults full in a week for two bases worth of gens (plus turrets towers at 2 obs) with the nerf is next to impossible unless all you do is grind oil

we have people going out on a dunk for ocean nodes, mosa for basil, and anky for land nodes constantly, it really should not take this much effort to keep up with one resource 

Besides the whole "Go build up on Scorch" saying what are people supposed to do to keep up with gas demand, heck where once bullets and high level tames were the main trade item people asked for on our server it is now gas

are the ocean nodes ever supposed to get the buff i thought i read about? 

People without a scorch serever that play pvp with a decent size base/bases..how do you keep up?

Try chaining more power grids together and reduce the number of generators you actually have. I feel like that's probably more the purpose of the update since most people set up 40 generators just to make the base a bit prettier.

Also, don't be "that guy", take down those turret towers at the obs. That's just annoying as hell.

7 minutes ago, TwoInchPunish3r said:

Try chaining more power grids together and reduce the number of generators you actually have. I feel like that's probably more the purpose of the update since most people set up 40 generators just to make the base a bit prettier.

Also, don't be "that guy", take down those turret towers at the obs. That's just annoying as hell.

Not really about being prettier it is about function in pvp, cant have multiple turret tower defenses linked to one gen so someone can blow up that one gen and all your defenses on that side of the base are gone

as for Obs..yeah i dont know a single established server that does not have obs blocked...that is just asking for trolls/be raided ..yes with transmitters and drops still can be done with out that much trouble but not gunna make it easy on them to do so

1 minute ago, lonesurvivor said:

Not really about being prettier it is about function in pvp, cant have multiple turret tower defenses linked to one gen so someone can blow up that one gen and all your defenses on that side of the base are gone

as for Obs..yeah i dont know a single established server that does not have obs blocked...that is just asking for trolls/be raided ..yes with transmitters and drops still can be done with out that much trouble but not gunna make it easy on them to do so

I get what you're saying about the number of gens, idk, just feel like it was probably intended to cut down on the number of them and make people adapt to run better on less.

And I don't disagree with your reasoning for blocking the obs, but it's a server killer. I for one hopped around for a while looking for a new start with 7 friends and every server we touched that had an ob blocked we left. It kills the community for any new players.

Just now, TwoInchPunish3r said:

I get what you're saying about the number of gens, idk, just feel like it was probably intended to cut down on the number of them and make people adapt to run better on less.

And I don't disagree with your reasoning for blocking the obs, but it's a server killer. I for one hopped around for a while looking for a new start with 7 friends and every server we touched that had an ob blocked we left. It kills the community for any new players.

even with half the gens we have if no event we would still be grinding most always for oil

for new players yes, but server is pretty established like your not going to be able to build much of anywhere with out being at someones doorstep,  most of the bigger tribes have turrets at the obs on our server, only time we shut them down is when someone needs to do a boss fight that is not aligned with the tribes with turret towers (which since we on the center ...is very rarely) even then we usually just do a temp alliance

i thought the nodes in ocean were supposed to be buffed or did i just read that wrong and they just got nerfed like the land ones did

This is a strange change.  When it was announced it was said to be for single player only by someone from WC (I think Jen, will try to find it later) and the reasoning was for single player balance because they don't have the servers running all the time.  Which is fair enough.

Then when the patch hit it was in multiplayer too, everyone thought it was a mistake.  Including Jat (I'll look for the posts later), who then later said he was wrong and that the gameplay team decided it should go into multiplayer as well, which completely undermines their own reasoning for doing it in the first place.  So all in all it was a completely useless change for absolutely no purpose.

3 minutes ago, lonesurvivor said:

even with half the gens we have if no event we would still be grinding most always for oil

for new players yes, but server is pretty established like your not going to be able to build much of anywhere with out being at someones doorstep,  most of the bigger tribes have turrets at the obs on our server, only time we shut them down is when someone needs to do a boss fight that is not aligned with the tribes with turret towers (which since we on the center ...is very rarely) even then we usually just do a temp alliance

i thought the nodes in ocean were supposed to be buffed or did i just read that wrong and they just got nerfed like the land ones did

How many people are on your server? Every Official server I've been to in the past year has had an average of maybe 20 active players which I consider dead as hell (unless a major update came out in which case the activity spiked for a week or two).

And you could be right about the patch notes, but I'm not sure. I don't remember reading anything about a buff to the underwater nodes but my memory ain't exactly great. I do agree with Maahes, though, I remember reading that the consumption change was for singleplayer only so I'm a bit surprised it shifted it's way into MP.

1 minute ago, TwoInchPunish3r said:

How many people are on your server? Every Official server I've been to in the past year has had an average of maybe 20 active players which I consider dead as hell (unless a major update came out in which case the activity spiked for a week or two).

And you could be right about the patch notes, but I'm not sure. I don't remember reading anything about a buff to the underwater nodes but my memory ain't exactly great. I do agree with Maahes, though, I remember reading that the consumption change was for singleplayer only so I'm a bit surprised it shifted it's way into MP.

depending on time of day we pop to 60 to 70 at other time we drop to 30 to 40 if people at work etc

we have a niceish overall alpha, and betas that on any other server would be alphas and than some,  that like people building on the server new or otherwise that are respectable, as it helps the server having more people built up to help defend and its an all around great community where we help most of the tribes on the server more of a i have extra here take this rather than trade and war dynamics, but because we are so built up, we are prime targets for people wanting to raid, mega and other alpha tribes, cause they think we all store our great loot on this server, which for the most part is not the case but yeah. 

2 minutes ago, lonesurvivor said:

depending on time of day we pop to 60 to 70 at other time we drop to 30 to 40 if people at work etc

we have a niceish overall alpha, and betas that on any other server would be alphas and than some,  that like people building on the server new or otherwise that are respectable, as it helps the server having more people built up to help defend and its an all around great community where we help most of the tribes on the server more of a i have extra here take this rather than trade and war dynamics, but because we are so built up, we are prime targets for people wanting to raid, mega and other alpha tribes, cause they think we all store our great loot on this server, which for the most part is not the case but yeah. 

Yall got lucky then, glad to hear that it's bustling and accepting of new players. I know that's definitely not the case with most servers. Hopefully they will revert the consumption back to just being on SP like was originally intended.

Archived