Tips for Megalania?

Akherousia

Playing on Scorched right now and trying to pick up a few more tames before Ragnarok comes out and we switch over. Megalania is one creature I've always wanted in this game, and when it was announced, I couldn't wait to get my hands on one. Unfortunately, I kind of had to. I was coming back from a long break from the game and had to build up so I'd be at a point where I could take on caves again. Now, I'm here and have pretty much grabbed everything that interests me on Scorched so far, except for Megalania...

I hear they only spawn in the Old Tunnels, and fortunately, that's pretty close by, so I went with a buddy and we cleared the cave. No problem. Except... we only saw one Megalania. It spawned in a wall which was weird, and despite being right next to us, wouldn't aggro until we shot it. It was only a 16, but considering we saw it within the first five minutes, we figured that was a good sign.

Nope.
I went and cleared that cave seven more times that day and haven't seen a single Megalania spawn outside of that one.

Any tips on finding them? Do the spawns reset every time you leave the cave, or do you have to get a certain distance away? Or, do the respawns work solely on a timer? What's the best way to maximize your chances of finding a Megalania in the Old Tunnels?

We don't have that option right now, unfortunately.
We play on Dedicated, so finding a server that can be transferred to that is compatible to transfer things over from is pretty difficult. We could switch maps back, but I'd have to kill a lot of time building things up to get to the point where I can take on a cave on The Island, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey buddy. Read that your on a dedi server and thought i'd throw you a idea. 

You can try asking the mod or owner of your server if he/she can turn up the dino spawns. You will get more meg spawns - but be warned. Everything else will spawn like crazy in there too - 

In my experience, changing the spawn amount also resets the spawns - this isnt a fact, its just my experience.

Anyway, good luck my friend. Remember to bring lots of narcs as the megalania torpor drops like a stone and in large chunks.

Archived