What I really hate about ARK

Alexrami

I can put up with them missing ETA's since they are ETA's

I can put up with the glitches since it's an EA game

I can put up with the LAG (actually I can't this is why I don't play official)

I can put up with crappy frame rates on PS4 (Yeah I know PC Master Race)

But what really pisses me off is that I have a 12 year  that wants to play ARK and I've been trying to get an answer from everybody on Twitter, ARK Devs , Nitrado and nobody gives you an answer. It's like they don't care about the customers. They don't have anybody that answers questions. The only time I see them answering is when somebody says NICE things about them.

My question is very simple 

Can my son and I start playing on our own dedicated server (we have 3 ps4's) bought the 3rd just for ARK server hosting (sigh)

To start farming materials in a new save file. Then on the 8th UPLOAD our world to Nitrado Servers?

My son wants to play RIGHT NOW but we can't because if we do then we can't upload then it would be a waste of time.

"For those of you wondering about repurposed console Legacy Official Servers you can upload that to Nitrado Servers"  

That's only for OFFICIAL Servers and no Mention of Player Dedicated.

Also I can't comment on this thread anymore... did they lock it or ban me? DILO for asking a question. 

There's a method of xfering your PS4 save file to a USB, then USB to PC but like I said.. don't know if Nitrado will allow us to upload.

They gave me a temp ban for making this thread. I can't make a new post until 8 PM My Time so I'll have to edit this to answer some of you guys.

"Playing the actual game and enjoying it is a waste of time, and you keep your son from playing a game because you think he should not enjoy the game for a week or two because he migh have to start over on release? "

If you really think that then why don't  you delete the things that you currently have and start from level 1, since part of the fun is just playing the game not actually having things.

Also my son is 12 , just because you are 12 doesn't mean you are an idiot. He doesn't want to play , I'm not MAKING him not play. You must of been a dumb 12 year old if you think they don't know that it would be a waste of time playing on our dedicated only to start all over on the 8th. I've had this 3rd PS4 for months and we haven't played in months because guess what? we had a world and everything got lost with a corruption and he didn't want to start all over. When I told him about the servers he's been wanting to play again.

Again still banned so I have to answer here 

"first, have your son play for a week and restart, after all it will take that time to learn and make mistakes etc, so it gives you all a chance to experience server hosting done right with tons of options to customize it.  So that is only a suggestion.  

As WC has stated over and over, they are not answering many questions right now due to the certification process.  Have you asked on Nitrado forum?  I've always had my questions answered there as well as any support tickets.

I'm not sure how to answer your question as WC rarely answers on the forums but the do read them.  Did you put in a support ticket which again will take tame for them to answer which the 8th will come by them I'm afraid.   Who knows if it can be done or not, but while not enjoy now."

My son and I have played on and off since the game came out on PS4. So he doesn't need to learn to play. He already knows how to play more than me. He's had his own server that he played with friends on our 3rd ps4 but that file got corrupted and he lost his world everything. This is why he stopped playing.

3 minutes ago, Alexrami said:

But what really pisses me off is that I have a 12 year  that wants to play ARK and I've been trying to get an answer from everybody on Twitter, ARK Devs , Nitrado and nobody gives you an answer. It's like they don't care about the customers. They don't have anybody that answers questions. The only time I see them answering is when somebody says NICE things about them.

Can my son and I start playing on our own dedicated server (we have 3 ps4's) bought the 3rd just for ARK server hosting (sigh)

To start farming materials in a new save file. Then on the 8th UPLOAD our world to Nitrado Servers?

My son wants to play RIGHT NOW but we can't because if we do then we can't upload then it would be a waste of time.

"For those of you wondering about repurposed console Legacy Official Servers you can upload that to Nitrado Servers"  

Player dedicated means you own it. If you have a 3rd you should be able to host a server for yourselves only, which devs do not have any control. to be clear, the devs won't have any control over your server. On the 8th, only official servers are being changed, player dedicated servers are up to the admins

I don't want to use my 3rd ps4 as a dedicated server. There's plenty of issues with running a server from a console. Go look @ The forums for xbox and ps4.

After a while the system can't handle the servers and you get crashes and sometimes even lose your server file.

This is the reason that after buying the ps4 to host my own server we stopped playing.

I'll repeat the question to make it easier.

Billy Bob owner of a PS4 Dedicated Server with 50 members wants to move his world to a PC Hosted Nitrado Server. Will this be possible? or will Billy Bob have to Rent the Server and Start from Scratch?

8 minutes ago, Alexrami said:

I don't want to use my 3rd ps4 as a dedicated server. There's plenty of issues with running a server from a console. Go look @ The forums for xbox and ps4.

After a while the system can't handle the servers and you get crashes and sometimes even lose your server file.

This is the reason that after buying the ps4 to host my own server we stopped playing.

Billy Bob owner of a PS4 Dedicated Server with 50 members wants to move his world to a PC Hosted Nitrado Server. Will this be possible? or will Billy Bob have to Rent the Server and Start from Scratch?

Just speculating but I imagine you could if there's a way to export the file on PS4 dedi. Your post would probably be answered better in the dedicated server part of the forums 

1 hour ago, Alexrami said:

Shot in the dark here, but I don't see Nitrado being able to easily if at all translate your dedicated console server data to a PC hosted dedicated server. So you will probably have to start over

26 minutes ago, Alexrami said:

Was not clear from your post, but I don't know for certain to this question. If you can find the file, I would email Nitrado about this. Not Wild Card's issue, more like Nitrado's

I thiiiink, and I may have got the wrong end of the stick here, but I think you can?

EDIT: I did get the wrong end of the stick, in the state of the game post it mentions

• Create a backup of server save files, allowing players to try something new without the fear of losing data

Which doesn't really say whether or not you'll be able to import existing files from your PS4, just that you'll be able to reload backups of any existing files on that PC Server. (For what it's worth I suspect you'll be able to, but have no basis for this other than "wot I fink")

49 minutes ago, Alexrami said:

I am gonna say absolutely not. I can't say this with 100% certainty, but there currently isn't a way to backup player dedicated servers. If there was, that would solve a huge array of problems with them crashing. 

Since there is no way to back them up, there is no way to get a save file and transfer it to a PC server hosted by nitrado. 

Your best option, is to have your son play and when you are ready to switch, mark down what he has saved, and spawn it in on your nitrado server. Not ideal, but the only option unless you want to wait. 

1 hour ago, Alexrami said:

I dunno about nittado but some server hosters can do this

I'd say yes IF the save files use the same format between PS4 and PC.  If they are a different file tpye or format, then you won't be able to obviously.  Also not having experience with the PS4, the question of how do you navigate to the location of the file and export it to send it to the PC.  Honestly the more I think about the process, you are probably boned.

first, have your son play for a week and restart, after all it will take that time to learn and make mistakes etc, so it gives you all a chance to experience server hosting done right with tons of options to customize it.  So that is only a suggestion.  

As WC has stated over and over, they are not answering many questions right now due to the certification process.  Have you asked on Nitrado forum?  I've always had my questions answered there as well as any support tickets.

I'm not sure how to answer your question as WC rarely answers on the forums but the do read them.  Did you put in a support ticket which again will take tame for them to answer which the 8th will come by them I'm afraid.   Who knows if it can be done or not, but while not enjoy now.

I hate many things in this game right now. Lags, bugs, disconnections, unplayable official servers, people cheating, duping and so on.

Ragnarok seems like a nice map, but it suffers badly from the above. The Center or SE don't seem to suffer so badly..

For those who don't play on Ragnarok here is a video how bad it is...

I play the game since July 2015, and I had a lot of fun with it. Back then we had like 1-5 second lag spikes from time to time. Now the game feels really broken.

I still hope Devs will fix all that by 8 August. :) That's what they are working on now, right?

Archived