pve Ark 249 wishes you a warm welcome

Rociel

Hi, I'm Rociel, one of the Survivor in the ARK 249 PVE

In collaboration with other Citizen we're pleased to inform you we start the ''welcome operation''.

The first few days may be the most discouraging. Your thatch house so hard built, reduced to nothing by this raptor, or this sabertooth who killed you and who made you reappear at ten killometer of your home. So sad.

What about a real house, one place for start your adventure ? And that's here the ''welcome operation'' will help you !

Just ask, and this house is your ! Here your starter house kit !

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1088789904

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1088789967

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1088790016

We are ready to welcome up to 5 Survivor for this first evenement, right now !

This house come with basic stuff, And for those who survive long enough, our dinosaurs protection center is looking for new owners for dino orphans !

But do not be deceived, you will have to prove your survivor quality once this kit is handed over to you !

Obviously the other Citizen will be there to advise you and occasionally help you. Don't be shy they're all friendly !

With or Without this welcome kit, the 249 Citizen is happy to welcome you and wish you long life and good hunt ! We're speaking lot of different language, we try to use English in general, but all speaker are present and welcome, german, french, English, spain, etc, etc.

Contact here, mp, or Rociel (Switzerland) on steam

The-EU-PVE-Officialserver249

1 minute ago, Thorium said:

Nice of you i guess.

But i can't understand why anyone would need start help on a PvE server. The start is the most interessting time of the game. It's the only part that feels like survival. People taking help at that stage just give up on that experience.

Yeah complety agreed, that why it's not a infinite help and a enormous base. But, yes, like each game the best part is the first month of discovery. 

We have thise idea when we see some new player leave after loose there first week/day of work.

May be it can touch some kind of player. Anyway if they want try all without help we still stay a friendly server where all ppl is nice to each other.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, the first couple hours and days are the BEST part of the game in my opinion.... it doesn't mean it is a NOT nice move from the OP (we also do the same on our server), but I always ask the newbies if they want me to take away the thrill of early game from them by giving them a kickstart on our server.

Actually it shows th maturity of the player how they decide after I give them the choice - usually the impatient kids take the offer, the better ones just reconsider, thanks the offer and rush away with their stone axe to survive, :D maybe just accepting some token gifts... those the ones I used to keep an eye, and invite them in our tribe...

I should first say, thank you for taking your time in helping complete strangers getting established in a harsh environment such as this game. It takes me back to my first days with Ark, back in February. I was playing single player with no cheats/tweaks and I daresay I faced quite a few hardships before I was able to get a proper tiny foothold, safe from everything.

After that it got easier as I progressed further into the game leveling up, taming larger and better dinosaurs, and finally had a pretty solid base with great defenses. I remember the sense of immense self-accomplishment with each milestone I reached. So I am afraid I would have to agree with the two people above me when they say players might miss out on the 'thrill' of being a newbie and the satisfaction they will have when they make it on their own, instead of being handed everything they might initially need. Just my personal opinion.

Rociel ur awesome as the people that worked with u just by taking the time and effort in this "welcome operation".

Not gonna elaborate about how important is the struggle of starting off in a survival game but i get some folks would rather be "spoiled" when starting so they can learn the world from a lil safer pov.

But in my humble opnion theres only one thing that would realy help every naked at the beach.
When u spawn in a new world and u only can see a bare land with nothing to harvest and filled with foundations that prevent u from putting down a single campfire its just discouraging. Rather then spam foundations people should use pillars so they wouldnt destroy the enviroment completely. And would be awesome if people use the commun sense to lay down some campfires along the beach too.

That yet would be the best fair chance anyone would get to realy enjoy the feels of survival freely in a game as ark.

Archived