Offline protection is killing servers

fiskeguden

4 hours ago, DeningWei said:

The thing you are missing is that people use ORP to grief and there is nothing you can do about it.  They go create another tribe, transfer some brontos and paracers into it, go park them blocking all your doors and gates, and then log off... just logging on once a week to refresh it. 

Gotya! Missed that, actually had that happen to me on an Unofficial I played, guy moved into the other end of the cave we were starting up in without either of us realizing; left a parasaur in the tunnel entrance on his side, had to wait for him to log in and get him to move!

It's been said already but the mod version of the ORP is way better imo. Limit it to one per tribe or something, limited but adjustable radius; boom; no offline kiting, no blocking significant areas with dinos (you'd have to be able to build there to be able to ORP block it) I'd maybe get rid of the visible radius effect though (assuming it's full orp not just the boosted hp/dam orp).

8 hours ago, electricblooz said:

is there even ORP in official PVP - I can't imagine there would be

4 hours ago, Ulta said:

...and put it into PVP mode for christ's sake. That mode needs it probably more than PVE does >>

3 hours ago, Rhedo said:

I would like the idea of Offline Raid Protection for PvP immensely, as it removes just a pinch of stress, as I would like a chance to fight, rather than be nuked offline.

Wildcard added official pvp offline raid protection servers long long ago (at least for pc) ;)

Archived