So much work: Thyla mutations

Torja

Lovely colouring, there's just something about Thylas isn't there, I started breeding them "seriously" for fun just a few days ago after reading up on the complexities of the breeding system and deciding it sounded like a fun challenge. Built myself a Thyla "love shack" and started with a few high level ish wild ones some of which had desirable stats (Ark Smart Breeding is a god send if you haven't used it yet).

Been at it pretty much solidly for just a few days so far now and now have nearly 50 Thylas and starting to see results. I'm breeding two different lines primarily, one selectively bred line for high stats (just bred a 258 which is my highest to date, but aiming a lot higher) and one line which is more of a scatter gun approach, stick all the other females into a room with one male and see what comes out. My first ever mutation was a lovely light red (back, tail and feet) which I'm now trying to add in selectively to other colours. Last night however, I got a pair of twins with bright green back, tail, feet combo and a beautiful female that's got a mauve/pale purple body. My wife now wants to combine the purple body with the green back, tail, feet so that's the next challenge xD

The breeding bug has definitley hit me and especially with Thylas, there's just something about them I love.

2 minutes ago, Antitheft2 said:

Lovely colouring, there's just something about Thylas isn't there, I started breeding them "seriously" for fun just a few days ago after reading up on the complexities of the breeding system and deciding it sounded like a fun challenge. Built myself a Thyla "love shack" and started with a few high level ish wild ones some of which had desirable stats (Ark Smart Breeding is a god send if you haven't used it yet).

Been at it pretty much solidly for just a few days so far now and now have nearly 50 Thylas and starting to see results. I'm breeding two different lines primarily, one selectively bred line for high stats (just bred a 258 which is my highest to date, but aiming a lot higher) and one line which is more of a scatter gun approach, stick all the other females into a room with one male and see what comes out. My first ever mutation was a lovely light red (back, tail and feet) which I'm now trying to add in selectively to other colours. Last night however, I got a pair of twins with bright green back, tail, feet combo and a beautiful female that's got a mauve/pale purple body. My wife now wants to combine the purple body with the green back, tail, feet so that's the next challenge xD

The breeding bug has definitley hit me and especially with Thylas, there's just something about them I love.

My suggestion is to check scorched earth near green obby in particular. there are some fantastic high levels in that area (i see 135's regularly)

People underestimate just how utilitarian thylas are. I actually benchmarked one of my "trash" bred thylas wearing a primative saddle vs a deathworm and if i hadn't staved off an alpha just before i could have done two normal worms back to back easy. They are amazing ambush tames as well as great travel tames (i pump the speed to 200% and most of mine have great melee and health.)

14 minutes ago, Torja said:

My suggestion is to check scorched earth near green obby in particular. there are some fantastic high levels in that area (i see 135's regularly)

People underestimate just how utilitarian thylas are. I actually benchmarked one of my "trash" bred thylas wearing a primative saddle vs a deathworm and if i hadn't staved off an alpha just before i could have done two normal worms back to back easy. They are amazing ambush tames as well as great travel tames (i pump the speed to 200% and most of mine have great melee and health.)

I might have to jump onto my SE server and have a rummage around, but I'm already breeding better than a perfect tamed wild and have quite high stats available in every stat now which I'm slowly migrating across into my "super Thyla" although no doubt there's better out there in some stats but will approach that when I get to that point lol.

We play on our own private servers and I got most of my Wild Thylas from the red forest area on Ragnarok.

This is my current batch including the ones I've marked as "unavailable" as they're no good to breed from so are just stacking up round our compound lol. Have killed off so many, I'm sick of shooting them so just stack them up out of the way now xD

arksmartbreeding.thumb.jpg.0e470decc669538382648f1350e8d5d3.jpg

As someone who usually prefers the more natural looking colour mutations, I find your white thyla gorgeous.

I'm not breeding thylas (I'm probably one of the very few people who doesn't love the thyla xD), but I'm breeding a handful of other creatures, trying for stats and nice natural and/or mutated colour combos. It takes an awful lot of time though... 

2 hours ago, salora said:

sorry i had to change login due to upload limitation

so here is the last part

@Torja did you do something in particular to have the white one?

20170724222844_1.jpg

20170724222903_1.jpg

20170724222951_1.jpg

20170724223007_1.jpg

Looks great! My first female was a white mutation i bought as part of a breeding pair. Months of bross breeding with servermates, trades, and recently getting the light grey mutations onto a green body female and breeding that with a white male i got the wrong belly on produced that.

14 hours ago, Antitheft2 said:

I love Thylas too,! :D

I'm in PVE 795 official SE

FntIrlSyT3_2xhMP0tBWPg.jpg

20170724184441_1.jpg

Lucked out with last nights batch a bit, pale blue belly on one, pale green belly on another and dark green body on another in my colour mutations group.20170725234455_1.thumb.jpg.3643210ec62e3cbd0ff9fd4a0ef29722.jpg

Some of my other colour mutations (with a few non-mutated in amongst them) outside my Thyla "love shack".

20170725234530_1.thumb.jpg.d8ca6e3619b49f466c9f22a75cf3529c.jpg

And had a minor success in my stat breeding group too, got an across the board best stats breed from my best female and male and jumped my best level from 258 to 269 in one generation which I'm happy with and to top it off, it was twins lol.

20170725234804_1.thumb.jpg.f2fb3758daadba4460130e898d234fe7.jpg

Biggest shortcoming I've got at the moment is that every single one of my green mutations are males so combining the dark green body onto the light green belly that I want to do is going to be slightly more long winded to do.

Can't believe it's taken me this long to get into this though, it's so much fun.

Welcome to the Thyla Breeding for Mutations club!   I've been addicted ever since I saw a TagTV Youtube video about color mutations.

I play PS4 single player, so can focus on just breeding, and don't need to worry about raiders. I have about 250 Thylas currently, and have easily killed over 300 babies. In fact, the sheer numbers of dinos I have,  have lagged the game so bad now, that I need to move all of them away from my base because it is near unplayable slow at that location.

I've got many color mutations.  But am jealous of some of the ones posted here. I can only get Hot Pink bellies. I see some have full body Pink.  I also cannot get the bright red body.

I currently am trying to get Hot Pink Belly on my Neon Green bodies with a the bright blue spine.   I can get 2 out of 3, but no luck getting all three yet.  I've also been breeding NFL team colors.  I have a Packer, Viking, Ravens, Lions, Rams, etc.

Still hoping for Cyan, Neon Green, Pink and Purple Spines.  And I want more belly colors. Currently only have Mint Green, Lavender, White, Black, Hot Pink and Blaze Orange.

Archived