WOW Caverns of Lost Hope!!!

Oldskool

This cave has really been stepped up since I last cleared it. I mean, a few months back it had allot of enemies and high level ones at that, but now its just insane. I went in and the first corridor had 8 or 9 dunks, all mate boosted and around lv 270-290. My basilo aint exactly a pushover, hes imprinted with 40k health an just over 800% melee, but wow! Them dunks were chewing on my whale like the giant pink sasuage he is. Killed about 6 of them an had to flee as my health went under 5k and I didnt wanna risk it. Im guessing brute force is required ie. a couple of badass mossys on follow with a couple of whales. 

Just a heads up to any lone survivors that are thinkin they are breazing through the sea encounters, watch out in that cave you can soon get overwhelmed!

Epic cave tho :)

13 hours ago, Oldskool said:

This cave has really been stepped up since I last cleared it. I mean, a few months back it had allot of enemies and high level ones at that, but now its just insane. I went in and the first corridor had 8 or 9 dunks, all mate boosted and around lv 270-290. My basilo aint exactly a pushover, hes imprinted with 40k health an just over 800% melee, but wow! Them dunks were chewing on my whale like the giant pink sasuage he is. Killed about 6 of them an had to flee as my health went under 5k and I didnt wanna risk it. Im guessing brute force is required ie. a couple of badass mossys on follow with a couple of whales. 

Just a heads up to any lone survivors that are thinkin they are breazing through the sea encounters, watch out in that cave you can soon get overwhelmed!

Last time I was in there (post patch) it ended In a rescue mission for my bred mosa/whale combo (50k each) after a net D.C. on my end. Ended up with 3 whales and a mosa running out of that place bloody with a busted tank. It was ...interesting 

I do it with my basilo that has 350 dmg or so and 40k hp.

Just dont aggro the dunks. If you do, rise to the top of the cave and they de-aggro. Then go back down and they should be passive. Not sure what randomly makes them angry, but they won't immediately attack you again after that :)

My biggest concern is the entrance room, because there are usually like 8 sharks there. If one of them turns out to be alpha, I'd suggest not trying to brute force it. Alternatively, now that eels don't dismount, you could use a mosa, just mind the jellyfish ;)

8 hours ago, RubeDragon said:

brute force isnt always required i have seen/ heard of people only using a kibble tamed  ichy with lvls on speed.. try to come at problems form a diffrent side than just brute force.  more on the solo side thats how i fix my problems.  GL.

Yea i have seen this strat, good if your after the artifact but i jus like to run the cave for loot an xp :)

8 hours ago, Gafgarion said:

Dunno i fine with it. I dont do it Solo since all the Eels and Jellys in. Cant use Mosa anymore there because of them. So i do it with my Tribemate with 2 Tusos. Lot faster than with Basilos. Probably a good Tuso can handle it solo too if there wasnt the problem that each little **** Stuck Tuso.

Yea i dont have a tuso yet. Feel i need to get one now 

7 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

I do it with my basilo that has 350 dmg or so and 40k hp.

Just dont aggro the dunks. If you do, rise to the top of the cave and they de-aggro. Then go back down and they should be passive. Not sure what randomly makes them angry, but they won't immediately attack you again after that :)

My biggest concern is the entrance room, because there are usually like 8 sharks there. If one of them turns out to be alpha, I'd suggest not trying to brute force it. Alternatively, now that eels don't dismount, you could use a mosa, just mind the jellyfish ;)

Good idea about losing aggro. I like it!

• 11 months later...

relatively easy if you strap a bunch of c4 on to a couple icthys and send them into a group of stuff and detonate it... Auto missile turrets on the backs of pleasis work great too. If your trying to brute force it take toos and things that can kill a lot of stuff that arent toos, because they cant fit into the end of the cave... then your set.

On 7/23/2017 at 11:27 PM, Oldskool said:

This is the easiest way to bust this cave.  Karkinos only get aggro from piranha and sea scorpions.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived