What is your favorite activity to do on Ark?

BlueFox91

8 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Not sure you are getting the main point. Look up Leedsichthys in the wiki. This huge fish likes to destroy any and all rafts in comes across. 

I too have not built a single raft since they introduced this thing into the game. The raft is now a river boat, you can't take it into the opens seas anymore.

Now maybe I'm just paranoid about these things, because I've never tested it myself, just watched the youtube videos of it destroying a raft in around one minute, that scared me off rafts for good :D

No I understood the point. I was just talking about the building aspects on rafts. Even a year ago I build 3x3 foundations with ceilings out. I understand that plant turrets can't be placed on the ceilings on rafts because they don't work. And I understand what the Leedsichthys is.... And it will destroy rafts -_- not many players dare to build houses or at least store important items in the raft they are taking out to sea. I get it -_-

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BlueFox91 said:

Hehe the other day I caravanned 10 rexes across the map to my base. Was so much fun xD I have also lost a few tribes recently on my server.

Yeah, talk about a force to be reckoned with. Lol. I've been thinking about 2 things I want to do..

1st.) (would require server support)  I'd like to build a 30x30 arena complete with houses, cover, and loot boxes. From there 2 teams would be assembled from within the server. They'd be monitored so that they aren't sneaking in gear, then thrown into the arena to fight. The last standing man/team wins and gets to keep the loot found in the arena and also win prizes.

2nd.) I'd like to have a friend drop me off in a random spot on the map with a few items of their choice and I must survive till the next day/week whatever. lol.

For example; they could drop me off in the Snow Biome with a pike and torch. Or the lava biome with a full set of ghille and canteen. Kind of like the survivor show.

3 hours ago, BlueFox91 said:

How do you lose stuff to glitches? I also play PvE but I don't have this problem? O_O

Baby food glitches, things getting stuck in foundations, and getting dismounted in midair by lag/server disconnects are my primary ones. i've also lost quite a bit to the East lava cave on the center. i knew of the underground on the center, but hadn't gone there yet. when i found the east lava cave, i thought it was the underground. unfortunately, it's actuallly a cave that dismounts you when you try to fly in. my wyvern dropped me in lava and tried to land. since the whole floor is lava, it then decided to just fly as far directly up as it could go, and stuck to the ceiling. They've fixed the spyglass whistling exploit, so i had no way to get him down.

3 hours ago, wildbill said:

Not sure you are getting the main point. Look up Leedsichthys in the wiki. This huge fish likes to destroy any and all rafts in comes across. 

I too have not built a single raft since they introduced this thing into the game. The raft is now a river boat, you can't take it into the opens seas anymore.

Now maybe I'm just paranoid about these things, because I've never tested it myself, just watched the youtube videos of it destroying a raft in around one minute, that scared me off rafts for good :D

Level 1 Alpha Leedsichthys just broke my raft with one bite, like 10 mins ago. But this is first time I seen them. I doubt that there is any on south

3 hours ago, GrenadianAngel said:

Well... sorry to be the one to break the news, but you can no longer build more than a 3 x 3 foundation.  You can extend it out with ceiling tiles, but then you can only build so far out from the foundation (plus it looks stupid.)  Also, plant species x turrets are worthless unless placed DIRECTLY on a foundation which kills building space.  Then, add in the leeds which will destroy your boat directly (sunken foundations dont matter.)  Our tribe has pretty much dismissed boats completely.  

They reverted changes, you can build huge rafts again

6 hours ago, seXikanac said:

Level 1 Alpha Leedsichthys just broke my raft with one bite, like 10 mins ago. But this is first time I seen them. I doubt that there is any on south

If you mean 'South' in regards to the southern ocean on the Island(you may not,  it's early so my apologies if you mean something else) then they most certainly do spawn there, or at least travel in that direction as they are quite common around Herbivore Island on my server, I've even killed a couple of Alpha Leeds there 

Edit,  usually I see them just to the West of the Island(facing Red Ob) so it is possible they migrate that way but seeing as that is also where I see most of the Squids Mosas and the only Lipleurodon I've ever seen I'm pretty confident that they do indeed spawn there 

57 minutes ago, Flaminraptors said:

If you mean 'South' in regards to the southern ocean on the Island(you may not,  it's early so my apologies if you mean something else) then they most certainly do spawn there, or at least travel in that direction as they are quite common around Herbivore Island on my server, I've even killed a couple of Alpha Leeds there 

Edit,  usually I see them just to the West of the Island(facing Red Ob) so it is possible they migrate that way but seeing as that is also where I see most of the Squids Mosas and the only Lipleurodon I've ever seen I'm pretty confident that they do indeed spawn there 

Well I use rafts a lot for traveling around Island and I never seen one until last night

Archived