Best Way to Get Beeswax?

RyderQ

My friends and I have looked for methods online. Seems like the apiary was the best way and that's no longer in the game. I've seen videos with people destroying beehives with very powerful things like a dragon or RPG, but is there some efficient way for new primitive plus players to get it? We put a ton of arrows in a beehive with our crossbows, but it didn't seem like it was doing much of anything, now we're looking for other ways.

11 hours ago, RyderQ said:

By rifle do you mean the musket? Thanks

Yeah that works, I suggest using a spyglass to look at the beehive then whistle an Argentavis or other flying dino to attack it, once you see the beehive is getting close to breaking, whistle your Argentavis passive and finish it off with the musket. You save bullets and won't end up killing the Bees.

• 2 weeks later...

Destroy the hive from just inside render distance so the queen stays in one spot, wear good armor (not ghillie) shoot a grappling hook above the queen, reel up and keep feeding flowers. The drones sting but I do it with 16 fortitude and good flak armor with no problems. It takes a good bit of hives to get hundreds of wax

On 7/23/2017 at 8:26 PM, RyderQ said:

My friends and I have looked for methods online. Seems like the apiary was the best way and that's no longer in the game. I've seen videos with people destroying beehives with very powerful things like a dragon or RPG, but is there some efficient way for new primitive plus players to get it? We put a ton of arrows in a beehive with our crossbows, but it didn't seem like it was doing much of anything, now we're looking for other ways.

idk if you have rexs on prim plus i havent looked into it very much. but you dont need a wyvern sure might make it easier. i destroyed a beehive in a few bites with a lvl 79 rex. il just assume you have the usual dinos wouldnt make sense otherwise lol. i only happened to lose the queen bee as fog came in great eh. wear ghillie and bug repellant the thing is the bees seem to keep spawning around her so gotta kill em feed kill them feed. so what i would do is maybe have a tribe member kill them while one of you feeds the queen with rare flowers? myself though i was wearing flak that might be better though 

Archived