Warning to Player Dedicated Server Hosts

I just wanted to give the PS4 PDS players a warning that the update you should get on Monday will likely cause a lot of problems. First of I want to warn you there will be a new setting called "Use Singleplayer Settings" this option changes many of your settings regardless of what you have them set to. It increases taming, xp, egg hatch, mature speed, and increases most of the tamed dino stats. For some reason when this was released on Xbox it also retroactively doubled the total xp of all players and their tames. For me multiple players were instantly lvl 100, which as a host I found very annoying. Turning it off fixes the stats increased by the setting but does not take away the xpThis setting is enabled by default!

The other thing that may or may not effect PS4 hosts. On Xbox our update v757 that came out on July 1st(the first update you are missing) it broke the Island and Center maps for many PDSs. The server may start crashing every 15 minutes at first then eventually on loading. Once it has crashed on loading, "VolcanoEntrance" for the Island" it is nearly impossible to get your server started on that map again. They claim once they fix this your save will still be there, wiping is only a temporary fix it will start crashing again within a day or 2(don't wipe). I haven't been able to start up my Island or Center map for 22 days now. Since the Scorched Earth map requires less console memory it seems to work for most people. They added a setting slider called "dino count", if your server starts crashing you may want to lower this setting as much as possible although some say the setting doesn't even work.

Also the admin command bar has been hidden behind a button combo, for Xbox it is LB+RB+X+Y all at the same time so for PS4 most likely R1+L1+Square+Triangle(has now been confirmed as it is in your patch notes) from the start menu. Also the "destroywilddinos" causes the server to crash also.

This is a memory related problem and since PS4 and Xbox have different specs it may not effect you but I figured I would try and give you a heads up they are giving you content that has caused many problems on Xbox with no fix. Since the PS4 updates are ported from Xbox I'm assuming you may have them too.

Just now, Bigdaddy99 said:

Our update supposedly has these issues resolved, it will be the disc version...

I hope you are right but your update is supposed to bring you up to par with xbox and its still broke there so idk. It doesn't effect every PDS but theres a lot of us on xbox with this issue

I didn't realize the PS4 update was going to be through v263 while Xbox is on v262 but I don't believe they have fixed the crashing yet anyway as it is a console issue only and as of Wednesday they had not fixed it. On the Xbox bugs and support forums we have a nearly month old 20 page long thread going discussing the crashing issue. Here is the last thing we heard from Jat

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:12 AM, Jat said:

I'm afraid it's still being worked on at the moment guys, just to clarify how things go: typically there's a whole bunch of actionables someone has to work through and the engineer who is working on resolving this problem also has a bunch of other stuff they're doing. Some tasks have higher priority than others, due to time constraints, how much testing it requires (if it's a lot - then it needs to be a focus in order to get that testing time), whether it's required for certification (disc submission), how many people it can effect etc. This issue is definitely an annoying one, and one we plan to solve as soon as we can, but as you are aware we are currently in the process of an extreme crunch, so things are being handled at a different pace to how they normally would be.

Once I know we have a fix in place for this, I will let you know - but until then, it's literally just going to be that it's being worked on, some days we'll get a new binary to try to see if that resolves the problem/side effects. 

He said he would let us know if they were able to develop a fix and he hasn't said anything yet and cant get any response from them on twitter either. Not sure anyone will care since its not for sure going to be an issue for you guys but Ill provide a link to the Xbox post. Of course Ill feel stupid if this doesn't affect PS4 at all but it doesn't hurt to try and help.

I cannot find the Admin Command Line anymore.  I see someone mentioned a way to maybe make it available.   Will try that when I get home from work.  Was planning to do my routine dino wipe.    (Get this huge amount of spawns in places otherwise).  There is no mention in the controller settings a way to bring the menu up.

However all the dedicated server settings were wiped for me after the patch.   Will have to go find some backup images I took of the screens to get some of the values back as I do not remember them all.  

Also when I hit the options button to bring up that menu, it instantly vanishes.  If I select it again it stays.   Once its up successfully and you close I have to re-do the same series of events over again.

7 hours ago, Brachas said:

I cannot find the Admin Command Line anymore.  I see someone mentioned a way to maybe make it available.   Will try that when I get home from work.  Was planning to do my routine dino wipe.    (Get this huge amount of spawns in places otherwise).  There is no mention in the controller settings a way to bring the menu up.

However all the dedicated server settings were wiped for me after the patch.   Will have to go find some backup images I took of the screens to get some of the values back as I do not remember them all.  

Also when I hit the options button to bring up that menu, it instantly vanishes.  If I select it again it stays.   Once its up successfully and you close I have to re-do the same series of events over again.

I mention how to get your admin bar to appear in my OP. Also they in general have fixed the spawns at least on xbox so you should be good now too. No anky, raptor, parasuar armies. No dino wipes necessary. Also with the change to spawns wild dinos can now lay egg on PDSs.

1 minute ago, GlasscitySD said:

This update has broke my server having the stuck at volcano entrance the get an error problem. Didn't they say they held back this update cause of that bug on xbox? and now they just release it any way and kill the player dedicated severs.. smh

They held it back because the same update that caused this issue on PDSs also cause players on officials to crash every 5 minutes. They fixed the officials problem in a few days of course. By then they were too engrossed in disc submission to worry about PS4 updates and every xbox update they did also caused more issues so they had you guys wait. They still aren't dedicating time or people to this issue, probably to boost server rentals.

Wait who can I rent a server from? Ark devs themselves? 

My server is running but stutters when entering or leaving water and land, starting to think it's the dino count after reading lots be of posts and piecing other people's stories. Might lower the dino count to half bar... I'm at 3/4ths right now. 

Also after updating had to redo all settings and if goin back to main menu make sure you wait a long time or you run the risk of losing your settings again or worse. I seriously thought it was froze first time, so I closed app, 2nd time I waited and it did eventually go to the main menu.

15 hours ago, lokifeyson said:

Wait who can I rent a server from? Ark devs themselves? 

My server is running but stutters when entering or leaving water and land, starting to think it's the dino count after reading lots be of posts and piecing other people's stories. Might lower the dino count to half bar... I'm at 3/4ths right now. 

Also after updating had to redo all settings and if goin back to main menu make sure you wait a long time or you run the risk of losing your settings again or worse. I seriously thought it was froze first time, so I closed app, 2nd time I waited and it did eventually go to the main menu.

WildCard doesn't actually host their own servers. Sometime this month the company that WildCard uses to host their official servers called Nitrado will be offering to rent servers to console players for a cost of course. If its anything like the server rentals they already offer to PC players it will cost about 1 USD per slot. There are many options for slots, from 10 to 100. If you wanted to have the same amount of slots as your PS4(50) it would cost about 50 USD a month. There is a slight discount if you choose to pay for multiple months at a time, either 3 or 12. For some crazy reason they dont offer 6. Again though the cost is speculation based on what the company offers to PC. Of course though Nitrado is the only company getting this ability so they may change much higher as they have a monopoly on the service for consoles.

Can anyone let me know if the update fixed your server and if your save is intact.

On 7/30/2017 at 0:02 PM, GlasscitySD said:

This update has broke my server having the stuck at volcano entrance the get an error problem. Didn't they say they held back this update cause of that bug on xbox? and now they just release it any way and kill the player dedicated severs.. smh

On 8/1/2017 at 9:36 AM, AgeAxe said:

Player dedicated Server crashes upon loading "VolcanoEntrance" every time now. 

1 hour ago, GlasscitySD said:

Still crash at volcano entrance when i try to load the island map can only use the center and scortched earth like before. all the update did is at least have my settings save

is your server stats being scaled according to the sliders? because after this update all of the player/dino stats seem to be reset to default regardless of any input i set

• 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, Sirskull22 said:

Do the rentble sever allow admin commands for the host?

From what I have heard they are actually enabled differently, more like they should be. Anyone can open the admin command box but only those who know the admin password can use the commands. Its one of the passwords you can enter when loading up your server. So people who know the password can enable cheats for themselves I think with a command. Theres more info on it somewhere I think Ive seen @Nitrado tweet it before. If I have time later and remember I'll try to dig up the exact details later.

Archived