V264.....- Removed underwater fog

BeardO

14 minutes ago, Musketeer said:

What about rain inside buildings.. another 2 years maybe ;)

I haven't had that issue lately, as long as I got the house boost icon it I don't see rain inside structures.  But would be nice if say I build an overhang that it would stop the rain but that's probably asking way to much lol

9 minutes ago, geneticbits said:

I'm not a developer by any means, so it's probably a lot more complicated than this.... But, if the game is smart enough to know you're inside and can't drink the rain/gain hydration/fill water containers, why can't it know to stop the appearance of rain inside?

But the game seems to notice if you're inside a building and turns rain off. Sometimes.

28 minutes ago, reidmarc said:

I hate to break it to you, but they have definitely not removed the fog from under the water. 

then we have to clarify: what is your definition of "fog" underwater? Because water murkiness from smaller lifeforms and whale mating byproducts is normal. But they should have removed milk-dense underwater fog that was occurring at same time as fog on the surface.

It is possible that non-TheIsland maps will have to wait for an update to accommodate that change.

Just now, DarthaNyan said:

then we have to clarify: what is your definition of "fog" underwater? Because water murkiness from smaller lifeforms and whale mating byproducts is normal. But they should have removed milk-dense fog that was occurring at same time as fog on the surface.

It is possible that non-TheIsland maps will have to wait for an update to accommodate that change.

I'm on the island, I'll post screens once my run is done. I surfaced to check and it was foggy above the water too.

Well then I take my thank you back.

53 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

From what I saw it was only removing rain underwater, not fog...

- SimpleSky (non-TrueSky) system with atmospheric fog.
- SP Dinos no longer fall thru cave floors.
- Streaming destructible meshes, optimized memory.
- Fixed Host menu settings: Multiple Platform Floors on Rafts, Fishing Quality Slider, Crafting Quality Slider, Unlimited Respecs, Offline Raid Protection Logoff Period.
- Added Host menu settings: Disable Dino Taming, Disable Dino Riding, Fuel Consumption Interval Multiplier, Increase Platform Structure Limit.
- Yutyrannus now has an automatic-courage mode in singleplayer. When set, the Yuty will give a courage roar every 30 seconds if an ally dino is in front of it.
- Fixed a bug that provided infinite power.
- Reworked Trike Charge Forward/Tail wag animations.
- Increased thrown spear damage.
- Removed underwater fog.

There it is, but sounds like they only meant to remove it, maybe gave it the college try but failed.  I hereby rescind my original thank you.

26 minutes ago, BeardO said:

Well then I take my thank you back.

- SimpleSky (non-TrueSky) system with atmospheric fog.
- SP Dinos no longer fall thru cave floors.
- Streaming destructible meshes, optimized memory.
- Fixed Host menu settings: Multiple Platform Floors on Rafts, Fishing Quality Slider, Crafting Quality Slider, Unlimited Respecs, Offline Raid Protection Logoff Period.
- Added Host menu settings: Disable Dino Taming, Disable Dino Riding, Fuel Consumption Interval Multiplier, Increase Platform Structure Limit.
- Yutyrannus now has an automatic-courage mode in singleplayer. When set, the Yuty will give a courage roar every 30 seconds if an ally dino is in front of it.
- Fixed a bug that provided infinite power.
- Reworked Trike Charge Forward/Tail wag animations.
- Increased thrown spear damage.
- Removed underwater fog.

There it is, but sounds like they only meant to remove it, maybe gave it the college try but failed.  I hereby rescind my original thank you.

Weird. I'm pretty sure the version I saw said rain because I specifically thought "they fixed the rain but not the fog?" Lol

13 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

Weird. I'm pretty sure the version I saw said rain because I specifically thought "they fixed the rain but not the fog?" Lol

I think patch 263 fixed the RAIN underwater. But this patch claimed to have fixed the fog.

I haven't played in a while but...maybe when they state the underwater fog was removed, maybe they meant fog was happening underwater when fog wasn't even happening ABOVE water? Either way there should not be fog underwater...it makes no sense, fog shouldn't even exist underwater. Don't be lying WC...I hope this was an honest mistake.

7 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Are the underwater caves still suffering from that blinding fog or is that gone now?

This one I can confirm, underwater caves are no longer effected by fog, my retina havent been scorched in a while now.

Also for rain indoors, yeah its only effected if you have the house buff, but iv noticed iv been able to get that buff from certain terrain overhangs now (and for some reason the rocky footstep that lets you get up into the normal sea cave across from caverns of lost faith, swim under it and bam, house buff lol)

Archived