Tamed Eels are amazing

LilNastyGurl

I mean even before the GLORIOUS NERF.

My tamed eels could not defeat a single regular eel because its AI was terrible. When a wild eel spotted you, it erupted its electric shock the moment you were in range. The tamed eels? They didn't fire it immediately, in fact, I noticed they started the fight with biting and the electric shock happened after they did a few circles around their prey. They don't even fire off properly when your tamed group releases their shock. If an eel is being attacked from behind or the side, they didn't release the shock. Tamed ones did.

I guess if somebody got a hold of a non-nerfed Electrophorus they could unleash all sorts of hell. So that's what their base damage got turned way down after being tamed, like a Giga. So you could in theory use eels to KO Mosasaurs/Plesios.

Now? The tamed Eels die in a few bites and their shock no longer paralyzes their prey. No need to tame Eels ever now.

You didnt get the memo? I mentioned this long time ago because I own like, six or seven super high level ones. They are trash because the AI is retarded on purpose, wildcard is evil like that.  Worse yet there is no option to have them shock only so the purposed use in deep sea taming is not actually there at all - the issue is as you noticed wild eels shock as soon as they are in range, while tamed ones give priority over biting instead of shocking  and will generally only shock when in range but not able to bite their target resulting in rare if ever usage of their shock.

So basically they are just spiffy decorations for my sea pen, like when someone puts LED lights on the bottom of their car dosnt really do any good just looks shiny.

-------------

To fix them they would need a specific whistle option, such as whistle to attack making them swim up shock them swim back to you otherwise even if they actually used the shock like wild eels they would still bite afterwards and likely ruin any tames in the long run, in that hypothetical case anyways.

While it sucks that tamed eels are now a bit poop, I do NOT want wild eels to get back their stunlocking bullshiz.

But yes, the AI needs improving on tamed eels at present, to compensate for the lack of shocking now. In fact...improve the AI of every dino. Surely it can get a bit better than it is now. I will acknowledge that improvements to AI has progressed, if slowly, over ARK's EA life. Here's hoping they'll continue to work on it.

All they had to do was shorten the stun to around 1-3 seconds and MAYBE prevent dismount.  If you mentioned a 10 second stun with a 5 second cooldown in literally any other game anyone would tell you that's the most broken thing ever.  I really want eels to be useful and at least do torpor again so i could maybe build them tank and whistle passive follow and attack as needed.

Archived