Update During 2x Event

Exhaltia

It's not about complaining about an update.  It's complaining about the timing.  Sure 3 day event, but people that have money to pay for the game have to work.  You think I get 3 days on an event?  I'm lucky to get one, and today is that one but now there's a good chance I won't get that and it is frustrating.

39 minutes ago, Exhaltia said:

It's not about complaining about an update.  It's complaining about the timing.  Sure 3 day event, but people that have money to pay for the game have to work.  You think I get 3 days on an event?  I'm lucky to get one, and today is that one but now there's a good chance I won't get that and it is frustrating.

I  Understand that but they can't wait. They need to do the improvements. It's not official yet so you should expect that.

19 minutes ago, Danouk said:

I  Understand that but they can't wait. They need to do the improvements. It's not official yet so you should expect that.

This is simply false.  They could easily wait until after the weekend.  I have already paid for the game so I do have expectations, which include not updating during events so I can actually do taming.

With v263 at least some of the Ragnarok servers were down for 3 days, now with v264 the Ragnarok and SE servers are down. Yes, WC has to get the game ready for release but the way they go about it is idiotic at best. What about the people who have loads of baby dinos because they are trying to utilize the 2x weekend, much of that stuff cannot be, or will not be replaced by WC. Or specifically in my case trying to get 100% imprint on eggs I've been saving for weeks and weeks. Almost everything they release is late, delayed and/or full of huge issues making the game unplayable. This close to 'release' they still haven't seemed to fix their own issues as a company. Ark as a game is a great concept, but WC is terrible.

On 2017-07-22 at 2:38 PM, Exhaltia said:

This is simply false.  They could easily wait until after the weekend.  I have already paid for the game so I do have expectations, which include not updating during events so I can actually do taming.

You paid for early access. Game is not out yet.  That means expect patches at  any time. Read before you get into early access it explains to you what to expect.

4 hours ago, Danouk said:

You paid for early access. Game is not out yet.  That means expect patches at  any time. Read before you get into early access it explains to you what to expect.

Again, false statement.  You could say the same thing about any online game ever at any stage of development about patches any time.  Early Access doesn't detract from the fact that they have an audience with certain expectations and among them is that if there is an event with a short window do not bring the servers down several times over the weekend when a weekday update would accomplish the same thing.  You have once again failed to make sense of, justify, or defend this inane decision. There would be a lot less annoyance if they would just give a day or two notice so that people can plan ahead of time.

Early Access means nothing, not to players and not even to WC.  Many games that aren't in EA keep releasing enemies and new core mechanics and updating the game.  Many games that aren't in EA aren't ready for "full release" and many that are in EA have been ready for full release for a long time, or may never be.  You know what you don''t do in EA?  Release new paid content unless it's a F2P game with micro-purchases.  Guess what WC doesn't care about?  Releasing paid content during "EA".  Don't act like EA means anything to anyone.  After 2 years WC picked an arbitrary release date, that doesn't make the game any more or less ready.

5 hours ago, Exhaltia said:

Again, false statement.  You could say the same thing about any online game ever at any stage of development about patches any time.  Early Access doesn't detract from the fact that they have an audience with certain expectations and among them is that if there is an event with a short window do not bring the servers down several times over the weekend when a weekday update would accomplish the same thing.  You have once again failed to make sense of, justify, or defend this inane decision. There would be a lot less annoyance if they would just give a day or two notice so that people can plan ahead of time.

Early Access means nothing, not to players and not even to WC.  Many games that aren't in EA keep releasing enemies and new core mechanics and updating the game.  Many games that aren't in EA aren't ready for "full release" and many that are in EA have been ready for full release for a long time, or may never be.  You know what you don''t do in EA?  Release new paid content unless it's a F2P game with micro-purchases.  Guess what WC doesn't care about?  Releasing paid content during "EA".  Don't act like EA means anything to anyone.  After 2 years WC picked an arbitrary release date, that doesn't make the game any more or less ready.

I am wasting my time explaining it to you so that's it.  You don't want to hear the truth it's obvious. Think what you want but if I were you I would never again go for a EA again because you really don't understand what it is. Good luck with the game. It is coming out soon. Hope you enjoy it.

Archived