Grinding XP - Share Some Good Methods

Demerus

Hey all,

Wondering how you guys all grind XP to level up. Currently 97 and hoping to reach 100 possibly this weekend. Is it doable, and what would be the best method? 

What are some current good and efficient ways you all utilized to grind XP to get to lvl 100 and beyond?

Just looking for some kind of road map so myself and others can use it as a guide.

Also if there are any good current vids on youtube about this or other resources, feel free to share them!

Cheers!

By far the best way I have found is the swamp cave on the island, get a transmitter in there and bring a decent bear in, you can get some good loot too. I have not been in there since the update that added arthros into the cave so they may break the armour you need to not die (2 scuba, 3 ghili) so be careful about them and bring extra armour.

If you have one, use a Grinder. Seriously. Get a Mammoth or Beaver, harvest huge amounts of Wood (you'll get some XP for this), then grind it into Thatch. On my 1.5x XP server , I can power level from 90-100 in a day with no problem at all. Obviously if you don't have a Grinder, it'd take some preliminary investment, but honestly for a wealthy, high-level player, I don't think it's a bad idea to have one on hand anyway

Grinder as stated above is the fasted way to level that I have found. It is level 64 and by that time you should have the dinosaurs or resources to build it.

Doed, Beaver or Mantis are your friends after that, as you can grind all the stone and wood into experience. 

Grind the stone into flint and then make the flint into sparkpowder and then into gunpowder using a mortar and pestle or chemistry bench. Grind the wood into thatch and if you have S+ grind the thatch into fibre. Every time I returned to base, I would grind flint from stone, use the flint for sparkpowder to make gunpowder.

Laugh as you watch your experience bar climb so rapidly you lament the 2500 hours of your life spent in this game.

1 hour ago, PuffyPony said:

If you have one, use a Grinder. Seriously. Get a Mammoth or Beaver, harvest huge amounts of Wood (you'll get some XP for this), then grind it into Thatch. On my 1.5x XP server , I can power level from 90-100 in a day with no problem at all. Obviously if you don't have a Grinder, it'd take some preliminary investment, but honestly for a wealthy, high-level player, I don't think it's a bad idea to have one on hand anyway

With a tribemate operating, this is also a great way to level your dino's. Pet a lystro, sit on your dino while your tribemate runs the grinder and makes narcotics at the chem bench. Added bonus, craft large crop plots while on the dino. You'll level up so fast and your dino too. 

how to get from lvl 1 to 90 fast

1. go to ragnarok and make a setup

2. tame any lvl ptera

3. build griffin trap

4. lure a lvl 130+ griffin

6. ko it

7. go to scotland and swipe the sheep

8. put the mutton in

9. once griffin tames, lvl stam and hp into it (10khp and 1k stam recomended)

10. build a wyvern trap

12. steal a 150+ lightning wyvern egg

13. incubate the egg

14. get milk by luring wyvern with griffin to the trap then tranq it 

15. just repeat step 14 for 3 days and 20 hours, 3 times a day

16. once you are done raising the wyvern, lvl up stam and damage (1k stam and 400% damage)

17. kill titans to your hearts desire

18. step #5 is missing

19. you just looked

8 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

With a tribemate operating, this is also a great way to level your dino's. Pet a lystro, sit on your dino while your tribemate runs the grinder and makes narcotics at the chem bench. Added bonus, craft large crop plots while on the dino. You'll level up so fast and your dino too. 

That's actually a fantastic idea. I never thought of that! 

I've been basically using a tribe member crafting narcotics to get my dinos up. Small exp but it definitely helps for the beginning level ups of a newly tamed dino, especially if you don't have prereqs for grinder. 

I've also tested this with sparkpowder, but doesn't seem to give enough exp compared to narcotics.

Scorched earth 100%. A friend on a wyvern with rare flowers. You on a giga. Friend pulls wyverns to you. You eat wyverns. Search for death worms while your waiting for wyverns to respawn. Or get artifacts in caves. Do many boss fights and get many element. Bam! you'r farming element, small amounts of black pearls, and exp grinding at the same time. Unless you NEED thatch and narcotic or don't have a scorch, the grinder is slower and gives no element.

On 21/07/2017 at 11:27 PM, mackyish3r3 said:

how to get from lvl 1 to 90 fast

1. go to ragnarok and make a setup

2. tame any lvl ptera

3. build griffin trap

4. lure a lvl 130+ griffin

6. ko it

7. go to scotland and swipe the sheep

8. put the mutton in

9. once griffin tames, lvl stam and hp into it (10khp and 1k stam recomended)

10. build a wyvern trap

12. steal a 150+ lightning wyvern egg

13. incubate the egg

14. get milk by luring wyvern with griffin to the trap then tranq it 

15. just repeat step 14 for 3 days and 20 hours, 3 times a day

16. once you are done raising the wyvern, lvl up stam and damage (1k stam and 400% damage)

17. kill titans to your hearts desire

18. step #5 is missing

19. you just looked

griffin itself can kill titan if you are dedicated enough. Killed 2 wild gigas with mine so far.

Apparently baby dinos give xp. I was getting loads from us killing unwanted high level babies. Otherwise, you could clear the caverns of lost hope, it's very dangerous but the high level dinos give a lot of xp in there.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 0:59 PM, Lancelot said:

Alpha mosas and squid are pretty good too if you have a dino able to kill them. You should find 2-3 atleast by going around the island.

Bonus: they also give black pearls and sometimes fishing rods(100% for alpha squids)

What do you need that is powerful enough to kill alpha mosas and squids?

On 7/21/2017 at 4:18 PM, Xeeta said:

Titans and alphas, all you need really...

Honestly haven't used the grinder for XP, I wouldn't even know where to start.  Would seem way too slow for that last push to 100.  

Broth of Enlightenment + Explorer Note + Lightning Wyvern and find Titanosaurs.

With the Double Weekend WC gives, all of those combined a Titanosaur kill gives you ~180,000 XP

Narcotics to start, get a chem bench when you can. Narcotics and killing stuff (Which gives xp) for the meat to spoil. Make a broth before a big craft. Make a grinder, turn stone into flint. Make metal structures, make turrets. Raid people, kill their dinos. Breed, kill weak babies. Get on a giga, have a buddy on a wyren. Go to the crack of SE have them grab an egg. Agro the dragons to your on your giga, kill all of them... SOOO much xp. And continue down the crack till they're all dead. 30-45mins later, do it again. Yw

Archived