Exact full release time and launch of new servers

Spookz

Greetings fellow survivors,

I hope all of you are as excited about the full release and the upcoming fresh servers as I am. Me and a bunch of my mates are planning to host a good old fashioned LAN party at release day. So I've been trying to find more detailed information on the release date. We know that it's the 8th of August - but does any one have a clue, about the exact time of the day/night it will be fully released? And what about all the new servers, at what time will they be available? I've been trying to find information on this, but without any succes. 

We want to be ready to jump right into a fresh new server more or less the moment it comes online on the 8th of August! :D

Any details on this matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Awesome for you if you can pull this off, but I'd not try it; I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment even if you can get an exact time. Launch day bugs, patches, any delays, etc. it just seems like so many things could go wrong to ruin your party. Having something happens that stops you playing on launch for a few hours is frustrating enough just waiting to play, even worse if you have a whole social event planned around it.

Personally I'd do this a day to a week after launch so if there is anything like the above, it's at least settled down. My 2c though, if you can pull it off, have a blast!

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, Spookz said:

Greetings fellow survivors,

I hope all of you are as excited about the full release and the upcoming fresh servers as I am. Me and a bunch of my mates are planning to host a good old fashioned LAN party at release day. So I've been trying to find more detailed information on the release date. We know that it's the 8th of August - but does any one have a clue, about the exact time of the day/night it will be fully released? And what about all the new servers, at what time will they be available? I've been trying to find information on this, but without any succes. 

We want to be ready to jump right into a fresh new server more or less the moment it comes online on the 8th of August! :D

Any details on this matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Yeah the reason you've not had success in finding information on it is because no timings have actually been given, just the date.

But I hope you guys enjoy yourself regardless. :D

Well the problem with playing the day after release, instead of on day one, is the best places will be taken.

And on that point, it's the same with the theatres for all good movies. All the seats are taken, you get all the worst types of people being obnoxious loudmouths, that eat like at a buffet, answer their phone, and kick the back of your chair. I even heard of one guy shooting a firearm at the movie screen. =w=

For games, it's super laggy servers, swearing little children, grief players, and massive patches. At least there is no global voice chat. Urgh those games....

13 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Well the problem with playing the day after release, instead of on day one, is the best places will be taken.

And on that point, it's the same with the theatres for all good movies. All the seats are taken, you get all the worst types of people being obnoxious loudmouths, that eat like at a buffet, answer their phone, and kick the back of your chair. I even heard of one guy shooting a firearm at the movie screen. =w=

For games, it's super laggy servers, swearing little children, grief players, and massive patches. At least there is no global voice chat. Urgh those games....

I assumed that with "Lan party" he meant not on an offical server, so no worry about space. If it was meant otherwise , then yes, space will be taken.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Mardagg said:

I assumed that with "Lan party" he meant not on an offical server, so no worry about space. If it was meant otherwise , then yes, space will be taken.

But he did say this also:

45 minutes ago, Spookz said:

Thanks for all the replies folks. 

We do realize that it is some what of a gamble to play on the release day - but like it was said, it's about getting good spots from day one.

Heck if the servers crash we will just play other games like PUBG, CS:GO, LOL etc until they come back up again :D

But guess we'll just have to wait for WC to release more intel on the schedule for release day. Please do share if you hear anything on the subject! 

25 minutes ago, Jat said:

We'll be able to provide something more specific closer to the time :)

off topic:  Jat please read the posts regarding the new menu wheel.  Bug sections, several tied to the whistle header as well.  Most do NOT like the change. PLEASE man, just revert to the most recent iteration.

sorry had to do this here

Will we actually get them on release or will they be delayed?

I stopped playing ark when the announced the new servers coming since I want to play fresh on those servers, but the game is just under three weeks away and I am getting the feeling we'll have some delay on them.

Also will they be labeled since I don't want to be jumping from server to server looking for a server with less than a few days passed on them to see if they are new.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, bulldog1986 said:

I've heard rumors of them being island only and no transferred allowed first 3 months. Can you crush those rumors for my own dreams please? :)

They are crushed... It will be legacy old servers and new servers. There will be no transferring between the 2. That's what is written in the state of the game. I think it went into servers as well a little.

To be clear, if you're playing on a Legacy Server you will not be able to transfer to the new Official servers and Legacy servers will still receive total and complete support (just like the New Officials) in regards to Game Updates and future ARK Expansions, so you can expect to see future DLC servers added to the Legacy Cluster.

2 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

They are crushed... It will be legacy old servers and new servers. There will be no transferring between the 2. That's what is written in the state of the game. I think it went into servers as well a little.

To be clear, if you're playing on a Legacy Server you will not be able to transfer to the new Official servers and Legacy servers will still receive total and complete support (just like the New Officials) in regards to Game Updates and future ARK Expansions, so you can expect to see future DLC servers added to the Legacy Cluster.

Yup, I understand that. The rumor I heard was all new servers being booted up will be island only and there would be no transfers allowed in between the new servers themselves for the first 3 months.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, bulldog1986 said:

Yup, I understand that. The rumor I heard was all new servers being booted up will be island only and there would be no transfers allowed in between the new servers themselves for the first 3 months.

Nah that just doesn't sound true at all. People will be buying scorched rag is coming to consoles.. No mention of that in the state of the game. I would say that's purely rumor.

Can people validate the rumors? Otherwise I wouldn't use energy worrying about it since it would seem people are making stuff up. If a friend's friend's cousin's neighbor's pet scorpion's uncle told them about what may happen on the servers I wouldn't give it any credit. If it was fact, it would be discussed somewhere between here and Twitter. Ask for proof or ignore the stupid rumors.

Captn'   ,   With under 2 weeks until the re-roll,   a lot of tribes are trying to get organized to hit the ground running..  

Most of the organized tribes have read all the WC material available;  we are looking for a few more beams of light (details)  to specifics on the new cluster.

Dev tracker has a few WC peeps saying they expect around 200 pvp servers in the main cluster.  (specifics... we like !)   but everyone wants to know if they can move between these 200 servers day 1, or will there there be a chill period of no transfers   (No one wants any contact with the old cluster..  that part is clear ,  and greatly welcomed)

also..  people want some kind of idea of how many of each type of maps will be available on day 1.     Some groups wanna roll straight to a Ragna server,  others island , Center, ..  the hardcore few on SE i presume.  

And lastly,    it's come up today that the new ps4 update seems to require ascension level gamma to access the center maps  (some are bent because they have all their stuff on a map with no access to it).   This seems easily bypassed by a cheat command apparently.... but the question is.. is the grand plan for the new cluster to only give access to the island map day 1, and players must have gamma ascension to go to the other maps?  (its kinda more than rumor, since its in the ps4 patch that hit today).

We all know WC likes to hide the juicy details..  .. but everyone's hoping for a taste,  so they can get ready to re- roll.

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, benreel said:

Captn'   ,   With under 2 weeks until the re-roll,   a lot of tribes are trying to get organized to hit the ground running..  

Most of the organized tribes have read all the WC material available;  we are looking for a few more beams of light (details)  to specifics on the new cluster.

Dev tracker has a few WC peeps saying they expect around 200 pvp servers in the main cluster.  (specifics... we like !)   but everyone wants to know if they can move between these 200 servers day 1, or will there there be a chill period of no transfers   (No one wants any contact with the old cluster..  that part is clear ,  and greatly welcomed)

also..  people want some kind of idea of how many of each type of maps will be available on day 1.     Some groups wanna roll straight to a Ragna server,  others island , Center, ..  the hardcore few on SE i presume.  

And lastly,    it's come up today that the new ps4 update seems to require ascension level gamma to access the center maps  (some are bent because they have all their stuff on a map with no access to it).   This seems easily bypassed by a cheat command apparently.... but the question is.. is the grand plan for the new cluster to only give access to the island map day 1, and players must have gamma ascension to go to the other maps?  (its kinda more than rumor, since its in the ps4 patch that hit today).

We all know WC likes to hide the juicy details..  .. but everyone's hoping for a taste,  so they can get ready to re- roll.

Ok... Servers you gotta remember I am a mod a player just like you guys I only get the same info as you guys....

Yes I believe I saw the article 200 on launch. To my knowledge you should be able to transfer day one. from new server to new server just like legacy. 

If you are lookin for specific servers what will be available clusters orp hardcore and the quantity I have not seen any word on it posted on the forums or twitter. 

As for the map count again I have no idea of how many per map either... Sorry its something I have not seen on twitter or the forums yet.

Archived